N

Null84

Praying for the reaper to come
Dec 9, 2019
Through a combination of bad habits and a lot of teeth grinding, that went unaddressed for way too long, my teeth now basically have no enamel left. I had changed my habits for the better but it doesn't seem to have been in time. My front teeth have gotten really sensitive recently and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to pull multiple ones soon. I'm only 22 and I have nowhere near the amount of money I would need for some decent implants so I guess I'll have to die soon. I just wish all this suffering would stop already. Why can't I ever catch a break? Maybe this is what will finally push me over the edge. One can only hope.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kassender, Final Escape, Deleted member 1465 and 5 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Through a combination of bad habits and a lot of teeth grinding, that went unaddressed for way too long, my teeth now basically have no enamel left. I had changed my habits for the better but it doesn't seem to have been in time. My front teeth have gotten really sensitive recently and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to pull multiple ones soon. I'm only 22 and I have nowhere near the amount of money I would need for some decent implants so I guess I'll have to die soon. I just wish all this suffering would stop already. Why can't I ever catch a break? Maybe this is what will finally push me over the edge. One can only hope.

It probably wouldn't matter as much if people weren't so superficial about everything. I've got to get a bit of work done on mine too and it's going to be very expensive as well. Hopefully this isn't the only thing that brings you here though.

Welcome to the forum too btw.

Reactions: Sensei, Final Escape and Null84
N

Null84

Dec 9, 2019
It probably wouldn't matter as much if people weren't so superficial about everything. I've got to get a bit of work done on mine too and it's going to be very expensive as well. Hopefully this isn't the only thing that brings you here though.

Welcome to the forum too btw.

Thanks, and no it's far from the only thing that brings me here. I just wish dental wasn't so fucking expensive(They don't have to adhere to standard price-lists unlike other medical stuff for some reason). I'm still within the age limit for "free" dental care in my country but implants are considered cosmetic so they aren't included. Maybe normal dentures will sustain me well enough until I build enough courage to go, but I've heard that not having anchored teeth fucks up your jawbone.

Reactions: Final Escape
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Thanks, and no it's far from the only thing that brings me here. I just wish dental wasn't so fucking expensive(They don't have to adhere to standard price-lists unlike other medical stuff for some reason). I'm still within the age limit for "free" dental care in my country but implants are considered cosmetic so they aren't included. Maybe normal dentures will sustain me well enough until I build enough courage to go, but I've heard that not having anchored teeth fucks up your jawbone.

I would just go with what you have tell you can get it done right honestly. You're still pretty young and have time to turn things around. At your age life is just getting started really.

Everyone says that and I remember hating it when they would. Doesn't make it any less true though. Best of luck to you definitely!

Reactions: Sensei and Final Escape
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
I'm similar, my teeth are fucked from years of sugar abuse/self neglect. For me too it is far from the only reason I'm this low but it sucks. I'm level headed enough to know that it SHOULDN'T matter, but my fucked up mind makes it a big deal

• Love
Reactions: Kassender, Final Escape, mediocre and 1 other person
not_ready

not_ready

When I leave tell me to have goodnight
Oct 5, 2019
hi, I hope you doing well, regarding your teeth problem, there's less expensive solutions than extraction and using implants. you may use a composite veneers before the pulp is exposed (if the pulp is exposed you will need endo treatment before doing the composite ) . your teeth is sensitive because the dentin is exposed to the oral cavity. you could use mouth guard to avoid further harm to the teeth. feel free to pm

Reactions: Final Escape and Null84
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Do u live in a blue state? If so I would be trying to get Medicaid bc u don't have to report much info to qualify but u have to be poor enough. If this is not an option I would be trying to start a go fund me or asking dentists in your area to help and see if they can work with u. The other thing u can order that will help quickly is high vitamin butter cod liver oil blend from the cod liver oil shop I think it's called online. But u should get the liquid form and not the capsules. Or if u have a natural food store look for cod liver oil formations and take it daily. Get the actual oil not in capsules it won't be as effective. It will repair your enamel or strengthen the teeth. Do not use flouride toothpaste or mouthwash it weakens teeth. I know right lies told to us.

Last edited:
N

Null84

Dec 9, 2019
hi, I hope you doing well, regarding your teeth problem, there's less expensive solutions than extraction and using implants. you may use a composite veneers before the pulp is exposed (if the pulp is exposed you will need endo treatment before doing the composite ) . your teeth is sensitive because the dentin is exposed to the oral cavity. you could use mouth guard to avoid further harm to the teeth. feel free to pm

Thanks for the tip. I'm already using a nightguard to protect my teeth when I sleep. How durable are veneers? If I have to get them replaced often it might get really expensive in the long run. Also, can my dentin remain relatively intact for a while if I keep my teeth clean?

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Mine are the same. Years of neglect and drinking coca-cola every day. My gums and teeth are tingly and ache 24/7 and I experience extreme sensitivity. I have a lot of dental errosion and the enamel is completely gone. I've had like 5 anagram fillings and they are so uncomfortable. I hate having metal in my mouth. It's going to feel like this forever because there is nothing you can do when the enamel is destroyed.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Owch. I'm having my next extraction on Tuesday. As if I don't have enough on my plate. I suspect I shall scream.

• Hugs
Reactions: BPD_LE and Final Escape
not_ready

not_ready

When I leave tell me to have goodnight
Oct 5, 2019
Thanks for the tip. I'm already using a nightguard to protect my teeth when I sleep. How durable are veneers? If I have to get them replaced often it might get really expensive in the long run. Also, can my dentin remain relatively intact for a while if I keep my teeth clean?
you're welcome, composite veneers last btw 5 to 7 years there's a more expensive choice which is porcelain veneers may last up to 15 years or more
. dentin is weaker than enamel so it's easier to wear on the mouth it's better to cover the dentin with composite so you don't need endo treatment later on.you have to visit a dentist and see if the wearing of the teeth reached to your dentin or not, talk to the dentist and try to find a good treatment plane within your budget
hope you feeling better today

Death.

Death.

Student
Jan 5, 2019
It is disheartening to see how much importance society places on looks and aesthetics.