Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I don't usually hate things but in South America, there is a religion called Santeria, it is the thing that I hate and despise the most, I can't tolerate it and I think that this religion should be illegal in the whole world
Unfortunately, my mother was in this religion for a while, her partner at the time convinced her to enter. In this religion, days of invocations are commonly held, in which a person is chosen as a recipient to invoke figures revered by said religion, and then this person or entity talks with the other people present, gives them advice or asks them questions.
At that time I was a teenager, I think I was 15 or 16 years old and I was pressured to attend even knowing how much I despised that religion, one of the entities invoked was the thug Ysmael, who ordered beers and cigarettes (one of the most important was to satisfy all the requests of the invoked entity
Ysmael wanted to talk to me so I had to sit down with him, he asked me to smoke with him and drink alcohol, so I had to do it because otherwise the others would punish me for not complying with the entity's requests. That was the only time I smoked a cheap cigarette, the smell of alcohol and cigarettes in the environment was suffocating
Ysmael asked me if I behaved well with my parents, I said yes, he told me that I should be a good son, that I should do my homework and stuff, suddenly he asked me if I smoked drugs, I told him no, because it was The truth is, he kept asking me the same question several times because he said I was lying to him, it was already midnight and I just wanted to sleep, so I said yes to be able to leave because I was tired, after a few minutes they went to look for me to ask me if it was true that I used drugs, I told them no, that I had lied, they got upset with me and made me go back to tell Ysmael that I had lied, so I did, I told Ysmael that I had lied and that I didn't care about anything he said, so he got upset, slapped me and told me he would curse me for lying to him
To this day I can only remember the experience with laughter and some anger

• Hugs
  • Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Al_stargate and 3 others
Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
I was never a fan of Santeria. My family was into sacrifice practices and everything was too dark for me. I never participated in one of those things (luckily).

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Brick In The Wall and Judah
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
That sounds like some unsettling occultic shit. You mean you could have contact with that entity? Is that larp?

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
That sounds like some unsettling occultic shit. You mean you could have contact with that entity? Is that larp?
Yes, the most disgusting thing was the sacrifices and throwing rotten fruit at the neighbors to "prevent them from being against you" or something like that

• Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Brick In The Wall
Kurinoy

Kurinoy

Apr 5, 2022
Santeria is indeed an occult practice.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I do not let those things near me and I never invite any entities, even when I was high and stuff. I do not like occultism or esoteric knowledge. I do not say they are not true or bs but they do not lead anywhere.

Sorry that you had to go through this. It is sad that people let some entities play with their kids, I have a shivers thinking about it.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Brick In The Wall
Kurinoy

Kurinoy

Apr 5, 2022
I do not let those things near me and I never invite any entities, even when I was high and stuff. I do not like occultism or esoteric knowledge. I do not say they are not true or bs but they do not lead anywhere.

Sorry that you had to go through this. It is sad that people let some entities play with their kids, I have a shivers thinking about it.
I don't agree. It can change an entire life for good if you don't get crazy by doing certain practices without enough preparation. Occultism changed my life for good, and in my experience, not only my life.

Anyways it's safer to don't do any esoteric practice.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and fox_wannabe
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I don't agree. It can change an entire life for good if you don't get crazy by doing certain practices without enough preparation. Occultism changed my life for good, and in my experience, not only my life.

What did you do and what do you mean by not only life? Just curious.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019

Same, but the only entity I work with like this is my own daemon.

Kurinoy

Kurinoy

Apr 5, 2022
What did you do and what do you mean by not only life? Just curious.
"Not only my life". I started following others people's paths at the beginning and I saw how different their lifes were in comparison of the average people.

Same, but the only entity I work with like this is my own daemon.
I don't have much experience working with entities but the daemons make me feel curious about them.

fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
"Not only my life". I started following others people's paths at the beginning and I saw how different their lifes were in comparison of the average people.
Yeah, but everything comes at some price. Idk what we are and what those entities are so I don't do anything.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Who do voodoo? You do!

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
All so called occult practices and religions like this is a larp.

It's like prayer, with extra steps.

Prayer doesn't work, and this sounds like they had a hallucinogenic experience. Imbibing hallucinogenic drinks is a common practice in these religions.

M

MegaGordo

I stepped on the scale; it said "one at a time"
Apr 6, 2022
My dad was doing a bit of research for a play he was writing, so he went to a Santeria practitioner in Harlem (New York). She told him to light white candles when he took a bath, stand at the seashore with a coconut in his hands (until when? Until the sandcrabs are crawling in his ears?), and to wash with a "magic soap". "What do you think it was?" I shook my head. "Palmolive". HAHAHA, But I hate anything involving cruelty to animals. Activates my inner Dexter.