T

Tired&Drained

Trans and tired
Apr 17, 2022
I've been waiting for so long and I thought this was gonna make things better, that I could leave Florida before things get even worse for trans people. Now I have to wait for months for the appeal to happen, if it happens. I'll have to try a full time job because even though I couldn't manage a part time one apparently that doesn't prove I can't sustain a full time one.

I don't wanna keep doing this, my mom was telling me it wasn't a big deal cause it won't change my life, she's still covering my apartment and my transportation. She doesn't get it. I don't wanna deal with my loneliness and my heartbreak and my sensory issues. Even doing basic shit like showering is so hard, and if I don't I get sensory issues from my hair, I don't wanna keep having to decide what's gonna hurt me less, hurt myself now so I don't hurt as much later.

Having adhd, autism, depression, abandonment issues, codependency, limerence, adjustment disorder, it's all so fucking hard

I've been talking with this poly couple from out of state and I really wanna try living with them before I end it, I wanna see if things can be okay

Being trans and living in Florida is so scary, and without social security I don't have the ability to go somewhere else if things get even worse, and they're almost certain to get a lot worse before it gets any better

I guess I'm looking for advice and community, how do people here cope, especially people with similar experiences. I'm on my 4th day of going a mile on the elliptical, and like the guy from Bojack said it gets a little easier each day, it still sucks though

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Rogue Proxy, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Please be careful about moving in with (presumably) strangers you have met online, especially a couple.

I moved in with a couple who lived in another state once, it ended badly, and I ended up right back where I started (back home in a bad environment).

• Hugs
Reactions: Tired&Drained, Praestat_Mori, 710 and 1 other person
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
Social security is an ridiculously long process. Most people get denied the first time. What state are you interested in moving to? I know FL is hard right now. I'm sorry things have been hard lately for you. I wish you the luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Love
Reactions: Tired&Drained, Praestat_Mori and Serial Experi Pain
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I'm going through similar with social security, it sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tired&Drained, Praestat_Mori and Lostandlooking
Serial Experi Pain

Serial Experi Pain

I hate me more :P
Sep 12, 2023
They will ALWAYS deny the first time in order and in hopes that people will give up. They're shitbags like that. I'm sorry...

• Informative
Reactions: dialogos and Tired&Drained
am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
They will ALWAYS deny the first time in order and in hopes that people will give up. They're shitbags like that. I'm sorry...
They don't always deny it the first time. I got SSDI the first time I applied. But for most people yeah it takes a lot of appealing and for some people I know it took years.

It might also be a good idea to get a lawyer that knows how to navigate the system in Florida. The lawyer usually doesn't get paid until you actually get approved for it. Then, they take the accumulated amount of social security payments for the period you were waiting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tired&Drained and Praestat_Mori
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
i've been in the legal field for 30 years and i can tell you that less than 1% who apply for SS get it. most have to hire an attorney to get it. oh yeah love the good ole usa
i've been in the legal field for 30 years and i can tell you that less than 1% who apply for SS get it. most have to hire an attorney to get it. oh yeah love the good ole usa

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: dialogos, 90starve, Tired&Drained and 1 other person
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
Yeah dude its bullshit. My mom had multiple herniated discs, has had a bunch of surgeries, severe migraines multiple times a week, and chronic neck and back pain. Shes unable to work because of this. She got denied disability and appealed then got denied again.
She also had to hire an attorney

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos and Tired&Drained
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Yeah dude its bullshit. My mom had multiple herniated discs, has had a bunch of surgeries, severe migraines multiple times a week, and chronic neck and back pain. Shes unable to work because of this. She got denied disability and appealed then got denied again.

She also had to hire an attorney
Attorneys are so much a part of the government in the US - it's not who you know it's who you blow. It pisses me off that people who NEED to be on SS aren't yet then you have people who know how to abuse the system and get away with it. Food stamps for people driving around in brand new SUVs. Yup god bless america

Reactions: snowlance
am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
According to this website the national initial approval rate for social security disability is 38%. Just do a quick Google search. They aren't always denied initially. But I agree it is very hard to get.

Shared from USAFacts.org

Reactions: Tired&Drained
T

Tired&Drained

Trans and tired
Apr 17, 2022
Social security is a ridiculously long process. Most people get denied the first time. What state are you interested in moving to? I know FL is hard right now. I'm sorry things have been hard lately for you. I wish you the luck in whatever you decide to do.
We've applied so many times and this is the first time I've gotten to see a judge, guess we'll just try again

They're in Minnesota