D

DeathWish89

Mar 19, 2021
She is 2 years younger than me and has a beautiful 2 year old son. I think it's possible she told me she'd ctb too to make me feel too guilty to follow through with it... but she could also be very serious. She says I'm her best friend and she wouldn't be able to cope if I died. She also has severe anxiety and depression like me. How am I supposed to do this with the knowledge that I could potentially be taking my precious nephew's mom away from him? And my parents having to go through the trauma of losing not one, but TWO children to suicide?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: lanax09, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, booray and 1 other person
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I'm so sorry you're in that situation... I know it's hard, and I'm in the same one. My twin sister told me she'll also CTB if I do :( I think they should understand it's our pain and our decision and no one should force us to stay alive, but sometimes that's very hard for them to understand that

• Hugs
Reactions: lanax09, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and booray
D

DeathWish89

Mar 19, 2021
I'm sorry you're in that situation too. Do you plan on ctb despite what your sister told you?

• Hugs
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@DeathWish89 and @killedbypsychiatry I don't know your individual situations, but maybe your siblings aren't using their suicide as a way of keeping you alive. Maybe they're saying that the loss of you in their lives would be too great to bear, or simply they don't want to live without you. It may not be about guilt, but about love.

Edit: please see the bold word above. Can't believe I missed that - changes the whole message. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I'm sorry you're in that situation too. Do you plan on ctb despite what your sister told you?
I'm not sure it's such a hard decision :( knowing I'll ruin her. At the moment I'm not CTB because I don't have the tools, place and because I need to know she'll be okay. I think if I do it it will be once I am sure she'll be okay and maybe I'll speak with her.
Also she's currently converting to Christianity so I hope that stops her from ever ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: booray
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
She is 2 years younger than me and has a beautiful 2 year old son. I think it's possible she told me she'd ctb too to make me feel too guilty to follow through with it... but she could also be very serious. She says I'm her best friend and she wouldn't be able to cope if I died. She also has severe anxiety and depression like me. How am I supposed to do this with the knowledge that I could potentially be taking my precious nephew's mom away from him? And my parents having to go through the trauma of losing not one, but TWO children to suicide?
This is a horribly hard situation for you, but at the end of the day you are only responsible for your own life and your own fate. I honestly don't mean to sound harsh. But it's a bit like a guy you're dating saying he will kill himself if you dump him. That suicide would not be your fault and should not be on your conscience. You can only make your own choice for your own self. If your sister is that serious about ctb if you do it first, then maybe she would end up doing it anyway? It's as though she's saying you are the only thing making her life worth living?
YOU wouldn't be taking her away from her son.. she would be doing that herself. I think this is emotional blackmail to a certain degree. I wouldn't let it affect my decision. X

Reactions: lanax09, DeathWish89, killedbypsychiatry and 1 other person