D

deaded

Sep 10, 2023
Ultimately the meaning of life is whatever you decide to attribute to it. I searched high and low for meaning, I found none. I found enjoyment in family, nature, but ultimately an empty nihilism hung above me, casting a shadow over everything.
How do you explain to your partner that you're not depressed, not sad, just indifferent to everything and wish to end it all?
I see little point in participating in a system that is inherently anti-human, which purposefully aims to take away our power, autonomy, freedom and simultaneously destroys our biosphere and the opportunity of future generations. Participation in this system is morally wrong.
So without meaning or the ability to just be human, I see few options. I either sacrifice my life fighting, or take my life and I'm too old for the first option.
So here I am. Ideally, I'd like some help achieving my goals from this community. I'd also like to know if anyone else feels similar to how I've described above.
Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, uniqueusername987, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
i feel the same way u do bcuz if u think abt it there is nothing everywhere around us once we die we become nothing n tbh that nothingness becomes comforting at some point

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and pthnrdnojvsc
D

deaded

Sep 10, 2023
S
i feel the same way u do bcuz if u think abt it there is nothing everywhere around us once we die we become nothing n tbh that nothingness becomes comforting at some point
Someone asked me what I'd miss the most about life if I was dead.... I told them that I wouldn't miss anything if I was dead. There is something comforting about this, but I guess only if you're an atheist.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Ultimately the meaning of life is whatever you decide to attribute to it. I searched high and low for meaning, I found none. I found enjoyment in family, nature, but ultimately an empty nihilism hung above me, casting a shadow over everything.
How do you explain to your partner that you're not depressed, not sad, just indifferent to everything and wish to end it all?
I see little point in participating in a system that is inherently anti-human, which purposefully aims to take away our power, autonomy, freedom and simultaneously destroys our biosphere and the opportunity of future generations. Participation in this system is morally wrong.
So without meaning or the ability to just be human, I see few options. I either sacrifice my life fighting, or take my life and I'm too old for the first option.
So here I am. Ideally, I'd like some help achieving my goals from this community. I'd also like to know if anyone else feels similar to how I've described above.
Thanks.
Completely agree.

turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
S

Someone asked me what I'd miss the most about life if I was dead.... I told them that I wouldn't miss anything if I was dead. There is something comforting about this, but I guess only if you're an atheist.
i agree the nothingness in death n the lack of everything is comforting

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Resinn66
U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
I feel this. This is why therapy never worked for me. It's all about coping skills but I didn't need coping skills. I needed a reason to use them.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and deaded
R

Resinn66

Student
Sep 5, 2021
Every sane logical person would find life meaningless and this is the tiny minority of people in my opinion

Reactions: foreverfalling, pthnrdnojvsc and deaded
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
"You create your own meaning!"

In other words, a carefully curated fantasy world/bubble, that insulates you from the harsh reality and truth of our existence.

A beautiful lie/distraction.

I do plenty of things to distract myself, but it's not enough to create meaning to my existence.

It's absurd… no wait, it's absurdism!

Reactions: foreverfalling and pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could never see existence as being something meaningful at all, existing is nothing more than just a futile process of waiting around to cease existing, we are just conscious beings trapped in flesh prisons, destined to decay and die where all will be forgotten about. I see existence as nothing more than a horrific mistake in the first place, it's just unnecessary and I believe that humans only ask what is the meaning of existence as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals.

All that existence is, is a endless loop of meaningless suffering and senseless cruelty that tragically continues to repeat, I'm really not surprised that you found nothing.