NihilisticTendencies

NihilisticTendencies

OfPainAndFear
Sep 17, 2020
My school counselor is an evil person. (Let me provide some context.) I've been cutting for a good portion of time, since 6th grade. And recently, my mom found out after I was reported to the school counselor.
And the school counselor?
Has no fucking clue what is, how to deal with, or why people self harm. She thinks it is purely for attention when a large majority of kids, myself included, go to sometimes extreme lengths to hide it and prevent others from finding out. I genuinely don't think she's qualified for her job, if she
1. Doesn't know how to help with a very prominent issue.
2. Is often rude, and dismissive of serious problems.
3. And is pretty much an outspoken homophobe. My only solace and ways of preventing myself from ctb is skateboarding and cutting. The fuck am I supposed to do to get help with someone who thinks I'm an attention seeker, doesn't actually even know how to help me in the first place, and hates me because I like men, as well as women?!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: shadowchaser
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Searching help from people who don't understand our situation is useless, no matter what stupid phd thay've got

Reactions: Sunset764 and NihilisticTendencies
NihilisticTendencies

NihilisticTendencies

OfPainAndFear
Sep 17, 2020
Searching help from people who don't understand our situation is useless, no matter what stupid phd thay've got
A-fucking-men. Hire people who know what we're going through, not the basics of what it even is.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
school "counselors" are a joke. even if someone is cutting themselves for attention, they're still cutting themselves. all school counselors do is try to get you to stop cutting, not help you cope with what's making you cut in the first place. schools don't care about that, though. they just shove them onto some random lady so they can say that they're "helping" with the mental health of their students.

Reactions: Sunset764 and NihilisticTendencies
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You should talk to the principal or whomever is her superior if she is an open homophobe, and if she's inept at her job.

Reactions: Sunset764
NihilisticTendencies

NihilisticTendencies

OfPainAndFear
Sep 17, 2020
You should talk to the principal or whomever is her superior if she is an open homophobe, and if she's inept at her job.
That's the thing. I have, and he doesn't give two shits, because he's a homophobe too.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That's the thing. I have, and he doesn't give two shits, because he's a homophobe too.
At that point you hit a wall with support from school. It's sad how many parts of the world are still like that. You can talk to us about it. I'm sure we have a better understanding anyway.

B

Blankcanvas

Sep 10, 2020
My school counselor is an evil person. (Let me provide some context.) I've been cutting for a good portion of time, since 6th grade. And recently, my mom found out after I was reported to the school counselor.
And the school counselor?
Has no fucking clue what is, how to deal with, or why people self harm. She thinks it is purely for attention when a large majority of kids, myself included, go to sometimes extreme lengths to hide it and prevent others from finding out. I genuinely don't think she's qualified for her job, if she
1. Doesn't know how to help with a very prominent issue.
2. Is often rude, and dismissive of serious problems.
3. And is pretty much an outspoken homophobe. My only solace and ways of preventing myself from ctb is skateboarding and cutting. The fuck am I supposed to do to get help with someone who thinks I'm an attention seeker, doesn't actually even know how to help me in the first place, and hates me because I like men, as well as women?!

This counsellor sounds awful and like she's causing harm for the people in her 'care'. Nothing you do is for attention, you're finding you way to cope and continue living.

There are apps available like betterhelp for online counselling. Maybe this is something you could look into? Or perhaps you could call a mental health charity and explain to them what your school counsellor is doing and how it's effecting you. Hopefully they could help in some way.

If the counselling is a requirement from the school or your family I would simply refuse to see her in the most mature/ calm way possible, explain why and ask to see someone else.

Reactions: Sunset764
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I'm not in school anymore. But most councilors aren't qualified. There only job is to get you the right classes to help you graduate. I wanted graduate early and she talked me out of it. Saying shit like you aren't ready for the real world and wouldn't it be nice to graduate with your class. Literally anyone can be a school councilor. I think it's harder to get a job as a coach.