P

Peace/Quiet

Aug 11, 2024
I ordered some 1/2 inch polyester rope for a full hang tomorrow night. Assuming I don't chicken out, any tips to minimize pain and/or faint quickly? I've looked all around on this site, but find lotsa conflicting information. I wanna make sure that I go, with as little suffering as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nothing87, MrsNobody, fleetingnight and 4 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
The megathreads (not just the stickied ones, there are others that users have made) are likely your best place to look. Please test your anchor point throughly (broom handle in head home, put full weight on it, wait). Have you practiced artery compression with your hands etc? I know this part can be hard for people to find the sweet spot on. PMs open <3333

Reactions: davidtorez and koipu1337
P

Peace/Quiet

Aug 11, 2024
Have you practiced artery compression with your hands etc? I know this part can be hard for people to find the sweet spot on. PMs open <3333
Yeah, and I still haven't found em. It'll be important for noose positioning. I did practice before with a belt, but it hurt like hell. Not sure how effective a rope will be at pressing specific points, but worst comes to worst, I'll try and tough out the pain.

Reactions: davidtorez
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Check out the thread that shows placing socks etc at the sides of your neck re pain (tho the nylon rope will help a bit)…. It's in one of the megathreads. If you can't find it, let me know.

Reactions: davidtorez and Peace/Quiet
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
You will want to practice your knots when it arrives. Once you have that down, the rest is just where and when.

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight, opheliaoveragain and davidtorez
P

Peace/Quiet

Aug 11, 2024
Check out the thread that shows placing socks etc at the sides of your neck re pain (tho the nylon rope will help a bit)…. It's in one of the megathreads. If you can't find it, let me know.
Mind linking it? I can't find it.

Reactions: davidtorez and opheliaoveragain
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Mind linking it? I can't find it.
Yup I got you.

I realize the above is for partial but the padding factor may be helpful in testing.

Here's a few more…

Again I know you said full and the above threads are for partial but it can't hurt to have all the information you can.

TW: second link is a video, no gore.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Nothing87 and fleetingnight
P

Peace/Quiet

Aug 11, 2024
Alright, I got my rope and learned how to tie a slip knot. I don't think I'll hang tonight; I think I'll try to move outta this place, and catch the bus if worst comes down to worst. I hope I make it out soon.
I do find it morbidly reassuring, having a way out of this misery one way or another. I know I won't suffer forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Have you worked out your anchor point?

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Not just yet. I gotta tighten bolts on my heavy bag stand. I don't want it to be wobbly. Thanks for reminding me :pfff:
I got you. I assume you looked at the working load weight for your rope and/or weight tested it with the broom method? (put broom handle in head hole and tighten, put your full weight on either side and wait) — if you bought it knowing it can hold X number of pounds, no need for broom test.

P

Peace/Quiet

Aug 11, 2024
I got you. I assume you looked at the working load weight for your rope and/or weight tested it with the broom method? (put broom handle in head hole and tighten, put your full weight on either side and wait) — if you bought it knowing it can hold X number of pounds, no need for broom test.
It's rated for 100lbs, but thankfully a part at the lower back is underneath my radiator pipe, so it didn't tip over when I practiced full hanging last year, even with a 100lbs heavy bag attached in the front. I've removed the bag, so I think I'll be fine on weight; I'll probably tighten the nuts & bolts just to be safe, cause I'm def not trying to wind up a vegetable. If I can tolerate this rough rope around my neck long enough to pass out, I want the job to be done.

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
It's rated for 100lbs, but thankfully a part at the lower back is underneath my radiator pipe, so it didn't tip over when I practiced full hanging last year, even with a 100lbs heavy bag attached in the front. I've removed the bag, so I think I'll be fine on weight; I'll probably tighten the nuts & bolts just to be safe, cause I'm def not trying to wind up a vegetable. If I can tolerate this rough rope around my neck long enough to pass out, I want the job to be done.
Remember that you always have the option of placing something between your rope and the neck to reduce the roughness on the carotids. Socks on either side, material under the rope on your neck etc