• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I recently purchased an Apple iPhone 11 and it had kinda a funny issue.
It got stuck at Apple Logo (also known as Boot loop).
Connecting it to iTunes, gives me an error while flashing the latest firmware.

What happened and what I experienced since the iPhone X change from TouchID to FaceID?

Well, if the FaceID sensor goes bad, one of those two things happen..
You get an Error message or like in my case, device reboots and get stucks in Apple logo or connect to iTunes screen if you press some button)

What did Apple support and genius bar say to me?
After providing them a proof of purchase, they only said that they can replace the phone but I'll have to pay for it 314$ and I'll loose my user data because I purchased the phone with expired warranty.

How did I fixed the issue, managed to recover owners data (he asked me to do that) and did that all for free?

I opened the phone (not recommended since every screw hole has a different lenght of the screw (putting it into the wrong hole can damage the motherboard) by using an iFixit tool kit (best tool kit for opening devices) and by following the iFixit guide, I was able to open the device without ripping the fragile flex cables.
After opening the device, you need to disconnect the battery (bottom L shaped plate ) and then proceed to disconnect the screen.
I had to disconnect the earspeaker and FaceID sensor (the separate connector that comes from the screen) and then the device booted into iOS after I assembled the phone without connecting the FaceID sensor.

I didn't test it yet but I think by cutting the damaged sensor from the earspeaker, will allow you to connect that flex cable without using the loudspeaker function to hear the caller.
(I'll post an update about that)

Now the question, why does Apple even pair stuff like battery(you get an service battery message after replacing it) , rear camera (no camera functionality after replacing it), Display (replacing it causes you to loose TrueTone) and FaceID (security reasons.. That's actually a total BS )?

Yeah, according to Apple, that's because of security reasons but what does the battery, screen and camera has to do with security?

However, Samsung begins to do the same, so I can't fully blame Apple anymore hehe..

Also, why does it happened that Apple invented their own screws, if you open an iPhone/iPad/Mac you have to be careful and organize screws because if you put the long screw into wrong hole, you'll damage/penetrate the board (no pun intended )?

Yeah, that's right. To keep customers from repair their devices and claiming shit like "people get hurt if they (for example) replace their battery" or other BS like that.
Louis Rossmann (Owns an repair center in NY and has a YT channel) and Jessa Jones (owner of iPad Rehab and has a YT channel) are totally right in this case.
Apple does that on purpose but hey, maybe this won't happen for a long time and I will experience this crap before I ctb some day, where Apple gets kicked into butt because some Right to Repair law passes that forces Apple to sell parts, remove software locks or even provide schematics for people like you or me.

Here Apple, I opened this iPhone, replaced the batter (had to use a Chinese device to copy the serial code from battery that was in 20% condition to a used one with 98% condition) and it didn't blew up or burned down the whole house where I live.

Btw. I don't censor this picture since I wiped the device and setup it with my Apple ID.
Kinda funny because it imported the wallpaper, pictures and apps from my old iPhone 11 that I got from my work and sold after I got fired with many other people because of covid.
At least now I can look up at all the moments that I had with my bi*ch ex-GF, before I discovered that she cheated on me..
7373jrjr

If you folks own an iPhone X or newer and don't want to experience the same crap like the previous owner of this iPhone did, use 3utools (free software) to do an backup or even better, go ahead and export all the pictures, videos, live pictures to your computer because iCloud isn't always reliable and upload it manually to services like Google Drive or Mega.

If you have stuff like pictures of your SN bottles, your ctb location or even screenshots of PM's with people here..
Use VeraCrypt to create a virtual drive, store the pictures there and upload the virtual drive file to those cloud services I mentioned before.

Btw. 3uTools also allows you to backup apps but it doesn't seem to work most of the times : P

Reactions: Travis Pickle, LastFlowers, demuic and 3 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
It is really lame how they try and prevent you from repairing your own things but that has been going on for years with things like washing machines.. I read that the EU are looking to introduce laws to stop companies doing this but I don't know how successful it will be. Personally I am a bit of an apple super fan but that is just me.

Reactions: Celerity
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Jul 4, 2020
It is really lame how they try and prevent you from repairing your own things but that has been going on for years with things like washing machines.. I read that the EU are looking to introduce laws to stop companies doing this but I don't know how successful it will be. Personally I am a bit of an apple super fan but that is just me.
Yeah, there were certain laws that will eventually come but those are not really enough. There are certain holes, which need to be fixed first or companies would go around those laws and won't really face any consequences.

When it comes to the environment/ecosystem that Apple established, I can't blame people or first time smartphone buyers, to go with Apple.
There are many features that make the use of an iPhone/iPad/MacBook easier but if people loose their data, because iCloud didn't upload something and doesn't matter if storage is full, the network speed was too slow or there was an error.
And let's face it, many people relay on the device to do all this stuff automatically and not to do it manually & locally by themselves :ahhha:

Reactions: demuic
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Jul 4, 2020
-----------update #01 -----------
Cutting away the FaceID sensor seems to work.
I connected the flex cable back to the motherboard, booted into iOS without any boot loop, called the free account manager hotline of my provider and the earspeaker was working again.

An better option would be to buy a new FaceID sensor and flash it with the serial number from original sensor but my little device here could not connect to the sensor which means it was completely dead :P

TournelHenry

TournelHenry

Jan 9, 2021
One of the main reasons I don't and will never use an Apple device (If one gives it to me for free, I'll sell it and get something else LOL). I tried MacOS on a Virtual Machine and still didn't like it. Nothing special about it Didn't suck much either. Just another OS. Yet people hype about "uSer xPeRienCE" LOL. I uninstalled it since Apple won't provide a way to install it on my laptop without a virtual machine. I use Linux and Windows.

The greed covered up by their way too good PR and marketing makes them even ore annoying.
"Hey look. We planted trees and now care about the environment".
*Goes on to solder SSDs to the new hyped up M1s. Makes older keyboards unusable with new ipads. Claims there's "space for ports or TF cards on macs because they're thin. But Dell XPS which is around the same thickness manages to find that space and still keep an obselete audio jack somehow with a better CPU cooling system.

Yes. I'm also ranting.
By the way, Fuck Samsung too for hypocritically following them

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, demuic and LunarPyotr
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Jul 4, 2020
*Goes on to solder SSDs to the new hyped up M1s. Makes older keyboards unusable with new ipads. Claims there's "space for ports or TF cards on macs because they're thin. But Dell XPS which is around the same thickness manages to find that space and still keep an obselete audio jack somehow with a better CPU cooling system.
The 2019 MB Pro 16" with useless touchbar and AMD GPU that I got from my sister, actually still has audio jack.
However, I discovered something funny. Under Windows, the fans spin constantly but under MacOS it only spins when the CPU reaches certain temperatures and when I replaced the stock thermal compound (which requires pulling out the logicboard) with one from Thermal Grizzly, the temps really improved but still, I'm really annoyed that I can't really install Linux here because of the security chip.

And since this MacBook doesn't have Nvidia GPU, I could just boot up Manjaro from external SSD, run some games but when I did this, the battery wasn't charging anymore XD
But hey, now I use that MacBook with cracked Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (this edition comes without adware like Candy Crush etc.) and I use it as a portable gaming rig and for watching movies.

But still, I have my old gaming rig in my bedroom with a Ryzen 5 3600, dual channel 16gb DDR4-3200 RAM, Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8g and like two budget ADATA S50 nvme SSD's. Since I also have a gtx 1080 which I bought from some guy for 70$ who was using it for bitcoin mining, I can redirect it to my Windows 10 Lite virtual machine if I need to play an online games that doesn't work well on Linux.
I will have to see if it still runs since I didn't even turned it on in like 7 months or so :P

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I recently purchased an Apple iPhone 11 and it had kinda a funny issue.
It got stuck at Apple Logo (also known as Boot loop).
Connecting it to iTunes, gives me an error while flashing the latest firmware.

What happened and what I experienced since the iPhone X change from TouchID to FaceID?

Well, if the FaceID sensor goes bad, one of those two things happen..
You get an Error message or like in my case, device reboots and get stucks in Apple logo or connect to iTunes screen if you press some button)

What did Apple support and genius bar say to me?
After providing them a proof of purchase, they only said that they can replace the phone but I'll have to pay for it 314$ and I'll loose my user data because I purchased the phone with expired warranty.

How did I fixed the issue, managed to recover owners data (he asked me to do that) and did that all for free?

I opened the phone (not recommended since every screw hole has a different lenght of the screw (putting it into the wrong hole can damage the motherboard) by using an iFixit tool kit (best tool kit for opening devices) and by following the iFixit guide, I was able to open the device without ripping the fragile flex cables.
After opening the device, you need to disconnect the battery (bottom L shaped plate ) and then proceed to disconnect the screen.
I had to disconnect the earspeaker and FaceID sensor (the separate connector that comes from the screen) and then the device booted into iOS after I assembled the phone without connecting the FaceID sensor.

I didn't test it yet but I think by cutting the damaged sensor from the earspeaker, will allow you to connect that flex cable without using the loudspeaker function to hear the caller.
(I'll post an update about that)

Now the question, why does Apple even pair stuff like battery(you get an service battery message after replacing it) , rear camera (no camera functionality after replacing it), Display (replacing it causes you to loose TrueTone) and FaceID (security reasons.. That's actually a total BS )?

Yeah, according to Apple, that's because of security reasons but what does the battery, screen and camera has to do with security?

However, Samsung begins to do the same, so I can't fully blame Apple anymore hehe..

Also, why does it happened that Apple invented their own screws, if you open an iPhone/iPad/Mac you have to be careful and organize screws because if you put the long screw into wrong hole, you'll damage/penetrate the board (no pun intended )?

Yeah, that's right. To keep customers from repair their devices and claiming shit like "people get hurt if they (for example) replace their battery" or other BS like that.
Louis Rossmann (Owns an repair center in NY and has a YT channel) and Jessa Jones (owner of iPad Rehab and has a YT channel) are totally right in this case.
Apple does that on purpose but hey, maybe this won't happen for a long time and I will experience this crap before I ctb some day, where Apple gets kicked into butt because some Right to Repair law passes that forces Apple to sell parts, remove software locks or even provide schematics for people like you or me.

Here Apple, I opened this iPhone, replaced the batter (had to use a Chinese device to copy the serial code from battery that was in 20% condition to a used one with 98% condition) and it didn't blew up or burned down the whole house where I live.

Btw. I don't censor this picture since I wiped the device and setup it with my Apple ID.
Kinda funny because it imported the wallpaper, pictures and apps from my old iPhone 11 that I got from my work and sold after I got fired with many other people because of covid.
At least now I can look up at all the moments that I had with my bi*ch ex-GF, before I discovered that she cheated on me..
View attachment 66938

If you folks own an iPhone X or newer and don't want to experience the same crap like the previous owner of this iPhone did, use 3utools (free software) to do an backup or even better, go ahead and export all the pictures, videos, live pictures to your computer because iCloud isn't always reliable and upload it manually to services like Google Drive or Mega.

If you have stuff like pictures of your SN bottles, your ctb location or even screenshots of PM's with people here..
Use VeraCrypt to create a virtual drive, store the pictures there and upload the virtual drive file to those cloud services I mentioned before.

Btw. 3uTools also allows you to backup apps but it doesn't seem to work most of the times : P
Most of that went right over my head... I'll stick to my stone aged iphone. It's about 5-6 versions back but when you only need it for email and making dumb suicidal-themed videos/slideshows, it'll do.

I bought an Mac-compatible external hard drive (for my Mac) before I wipe my iphone clean, but I'm too stupid and despondent to figure out how it works.

I seriously applaud you for opening up that thing, just reading about the description stressed me the F out haha.

Reactions: LunarPyotr
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Jul 4, 2020
Most of that went right over my head... I'll stick to my stone aged iphone. It's about 5-6 versions back but when you only need it for email and making dumb suicidal-themed videos/slideshows, it'll do.

I bought an Mac-compatible external hard drive (for my Mac) before I wipe my iphone clean, but I'm too stupid and despondent to figure out how it works.

I seriously applaud you for opening up that thing, just reading about the description stressed me the F out haha.
Yeah, that's why I sold most of my iPhones after not needing them anymore. Specially the 6, 6s, 6plus since they get touchscreen problems after a certain amount of time. Last week I fixed an iPhone 6s for an Uber driver because he had those problems and no Audio since the logicboard flexed so many times so many times that the chips came loose and don't have any contact to the logicboard.
Last week I also sold that iPhone that I repaired.

In other words, now I only own the "best" iPhones, which are the iPhone 3gs, 4 and 5s.