coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
recently i've just felt like throwing up after eating/drinking (sometimes not even after that), and sometimes needing to defacate more than usual. my sleep has also been getting worse and worse, being kept up by a constant barrage of sad thoughts combined with my adhd. I've also been getting headaches but i think thats more due to dehydration.

also more minor thing that i noticed that isnt really related but whenever i get super sad (mostly? i think its linked to that anyway) it feels like my chest is like heavier/more short of breath and i have to like breathe in more/deeper idk.

idk if this is like vitamin deficiency or something because ive started eating basically only fast food and not going outside or like if its purely mental health stuff causing this. its annoying though, especially the vomiting/feeling the urge to vomit thing. i usually just end up like dry heaving/retching lol. anyone else dealt with physical symptoms seemingly due to mental stuff?

honestly the vomiting like started mostly around the time when my friends went on a trip so i had reduced/no contact with them for 7 days and it was worse then, i could barely take a bite of food without feeling sick. but now it sticks around but just gets worse/happens even without eating/drinking depending on what happens lol

• Hugs
Reactions: ViniTerrible, kunikuzushi and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am more of a high-strung person and sometimes when the pressure of the office gets very high, I will get a bad headache, even with chronic pain and it is from stress and/or mental issues. Along with a headache, I have had it where whatever food or drink that I had consumed previously will be in the porcelain bowl, as my stomach can get twists and knots and aways I go to the bathroom.

After my car crash, I went to a extremely large number of almost every type of medical person. More than one told me that my body and mind are one. Stress, or mental issues can manifest into issues that could look like the flu or a stomach bug, but it is more my mental condition intertwining with my physical self.

Lots of hugs and caring well wishes, as you are never ever alone my good friend.

Walter

Reactions: davidtorez and CatLvr
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

"In my restless dreams, I see that town…"
Oct 6, 2024
I'm sorry you feel this way. Sounds like things have been overwhelming recently, and it's no surprise that it's taking a toll on your body as well. Mind and body are strongly connected, it's not uncommon for mental health struggles to to cause your physical symptoms.
The symptoms you may be experiencing could be related to stress and anxiety. When things do get tough, our bodies do react. Like anxiety can affect your stomach/digestive system. Other issues in your life can also be linked to the chest tightness and sleep disturbances.

Though I wouldn't say it's all that, your concern for worrying if it is vitamin deficiency and dehydration is understandable, especially the fast food diet. Start small, like drinking a bit of water through the day or adding nutritious food to your meals, got any favourites? Sometimes, little changes can make a difference on how our bodies feel.

I wonder if telling your friends about this now that they are back might help? If you have a massive concern over your health, please do consider reaching out to a doctor.
I wish you the best of health and mind.

Reactions: davidtorez