Pancake

Pancake

Feb 17, 2023
I can't count the number of times they made me want to… They force family outings just so they can get a photo of us smiling. Except I don't remember a single outing where I've been happy. I'm not exaggerating. They threaten us to smile and if we can't muster one they get angry. They don't care if you're studying, working, or hanging yourself, if your not ready for the fun family outing they planned 2 minutes ago you're dead to them. Does it feel nice, having a trinket child? A kid you use to show everyone how happy and wealthy your family is? I'm sorry for using rhetoric but I needed to convey my annoyance. I feel like a doll. They try to reason that family time is important, but it doesn't feel important when it makes me want to kill myself.

I have so many more grievances with my parents, but right now I'm a little too angry. Maybe I'll share more later if I feel like it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Storyteller, TheSadStranger, FacePALM and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds really awful having to put up with people like that, it's so horrible how people force life into this world just to treat that person so cruelly.

T

TheSadStranger

Out of time...
Mar 30, 2023
I do hate it when people can be so shallow as to treat human relationships like an object. They use you when you are needed and cast you aside when you aren't needed as a showpiece. Honestly my best advice is to sit down with them and have a serious adult conversation about how their treatment of you makes you feel. If that doesn't work family counseling would be my next best recommendation. If you have a school counselor or someone easily accessible that you trust I recommend asking them for help for an intervention.

Storyteller

Storyteller

A story that has been left untold
Mar 22, 2023
Yeah, it sucks to be forced to do anything you don't want so they wouldn't look bad. Mine are laughing off with other acquaintances that I don't like to take photos, force smile too, but sometimes they get angry at me.
Or when I don't greet some random strangers that they know. I don't wanna do that, not that I'm impolite but I just too uncomfortable and it isn't like they always say hi back, they just stare at me weirdly as if I'm a ghost 🙂
To be honest, it makes me more antisocial than the other way around.