youwantitdarker

youwantitdarker

Feb 18, 2023
I think my parents started it all.
I remember, as a little kid, just a little child, thinking that the only reason my parents had me was to blow their anger at someone. I can't have been more than 5-6 years old, I don't have many memories from my childhood, but this one is so bright, because it never left.

Anyway, my parents never believed in me. I was always compared to other kids, with better grades, more friends, better hobbies, achievements, etc. I think you can imagine what that did to my self esteem. Well, I never really developed one.

Every single thing I did, I did so that I can please my mother and father. I never managed to develop any personlity or opinions on my own. I remember, I was particularly not able to think about myself when it came to clothes and food, so my mother just did everything for me, because, in her words, I am "too retarded to even do this simple thing". She calls me retarded, autistic and moronic (but I don't have autism, she just uses it as an offense). My father is also a cold and distand man.

But, ultimately, no matter what I did, it was never enough. I tried to mold and shape myself into the perfect kid, but the problem is their standars are insane. It's never enough.

That's why I cannot be confident in my skills whatsoever. How can I be, when the only thing I've heard all my life, since a little kid, was how much of a disappointment I am?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Venessolotic, grungy自殺, Catch-22 and 3 others
deleted442

deleted442

Getting closer
Jun 7, 2023
This mirrors my own childhood experiences almost to the letter. I was brought into the world thinking I am not enough.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Catch-22 and youwantitdarker
dynastickitten

dynastickitten

Jan 12, 2024
Parents can be so unbelievably cruel. It's like they know everything hurts so much worse when it comes from them and take advantage of that. I'm sorry

Reactions: Venessolotic, Catch-22 and divinemistress36
grungy自殺

grungy自殺

All apologies.....
Jan 9, 2024
Parents have no idea what the hell to do with their children and they often go with the blue collar work traditional shit persona....