• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I've never actually been to a therapist before. What's it like? I hate talking about my problems to people IRL, and I guess i'm going to have to keep my mouth shut about CTB. I have a feeling this is going to suck, and of course I have to pay for it, cuz ya know, America.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, Weeping Garbage Can and Redt2go
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I liked therapy

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and WhiteRabbit
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I've been to a couple therapists to discuss pain. It takes the right match to get any help: someone who "gets" who you are and understands what you're dealing with.

You don't want to bore your therapist, you want them to feel like they're helping you... get their wheels spinning. If they aren't offering you anything, move on.

I'm right now discussing the stress I've been under coming to terms with how I have to increasingly scale back my career goals because of pain. It can be helpful to talk it through.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, Weeping Garbage Can and WhiteRabbit
Bilbobaggins

Bilbobaggins

In a hole
Aug 30, 2018
When I talk to my therapist about childhood abuse or anxiety she can be a little bit helpful. She finds my collapse of civilisation talk harder to deal with. Just talking to an attractive woman who pays attention once a week is nice. Overall, I don't know how much help it is. Some counsellors are just dreadful.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Beyondajoke and WhiteRabbit
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
What country is this? I've never even heard of a therapist that believes in child abuse, or any abuse for that matter. The therapist line of reasoning is "it takes two to tango" and that abuse victims are just trying to cover up the fact that they did something to deserve the abuse.

I just dropped my last one two weeks ago after she went off at me because my mother attacked me (I'm a disabled adult now who has nowhere to live except with my violent abusive parents) for going up the stairs to lock myself in my room without acknowledging her bitching at me. My mom was bitching at me because she heard a noise she didn't like that she blamed me for, so I ignored her and went up the stairs to try to lock myself in my room, but she blocked my way, punched and kicked me and grabbed my arm and head and threw me down the stairs (20 steps) before punching me more. I had bruises from it, which my therapist said I deserved for disobeying my mother. She told me I should apologize to her for "making" her beat me, and that any problems with my family are entirely my fault.

It's been the same response from every therapist I've been to. I could never forget my first therapist's response to it either. I was 10 when I saw my first therapist, and whenever I told her about the times my parents beat me, broke my bones including by physically snapping them, hiding my medicine, and more, the response from the therapist was "it takes two to tango. If you don't want to get hurt then don't make them angry." As if any of those things are acceptable responses to being made angry, and as if hiding someone's medicine has anything to do with anger in the first place.

All of my therapist sessions have had the therapist focusing on how I can make my parents happy, with no consideration whatsoever for me and my problems. Therapists are experimenter scum who are in it to steal money from lab rats they mistreat, while they sit on piles more wealth than jobs that actually take work and education. Fuck therapists.

Wow, so your therapists are blaming you for your parents abuse? That's crazy. If your parents are physically hurting you, can't you call social services? There has to be some sort of resources for disabled adults where you live. Maybe they could get you into a group home or something?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Redt2go
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It can be helpful in the right circumstances but it's important to know what you're getting yourself into first. Most therapy is purely talk, so if you're looking for something a little more hands-on in terms of practical help or mental exercises be sure to ask about that early on.

Typically, sessions will be very open-ended. You will be encouraged to talk freely about your problems and more - there often isn't much structure unless your therapist is a stickler for that. In theory you can talk about anything that pops into your head.

The basic idea is for you to feel better by way of venting. In my experience there isn't too much in the way of feedback or advice unless you request it. You can pretty much control what goes on in any given session, but it's on you to stay focused on the important issues if you want help with those specifically.

Sometimes a therapist is not a good match for you insofar as chemistry or personality and that's okay. You can often request to see someone else depending on how you were referred to your therapist in the first place. Sometimes there just a plain old disconnect, and that doesn't mean you're in the wrong in any way. In that respect it's just like any other real-world relationship.

In any case, it might help so it's worth a shot if you're feeling up to it. Hopefully you find it beneficial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Redt2go and WhiteRabbit
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
It can be helpful in the right circumstances but it's important to know what you're getting yourself into first. Most therapy is purely talk, so if you're looking for something a little more hands-on in terms of practical help or mental exercises be sure to ask about that early on.

Typically, sessions will be very open-ended. You will be encouraged to talk freely about your problems and more - there often isn't much structure unless your therapist is a stickler for that. In theory you can talk about anything that pops into your head.

The basic idea is for you to feel better by way of venting. In my experience there isn't too much in the way of feedback or advice unless you request it. You can pretty much control what goes on in any given session, but it's on you to stay focused on the important issues if you want help with those specifically.

Sometimes a therapist is not a good match for you insofar as chemistry or personality and that's okay. You can often request to see someone else depending on how you were referred to your therapist in the first place. Sometimes there just a plain old disconnect, and that doesn't mean you're in the wrong in any way. In that respect it's just like any other real-world relationship.

In any case, it might help so it's worth a shot if you're feeling up to it. Hopefully you find it beneficial.

Thank you, this is actually really helpful. I'm terrible at opening up about problems irl, but hopefully i'll get past that. I could use some coping strategies to deal with the pain or at least until backwards ass SC gets medical marijuana, lol.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Redt2go
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Nope, in my country it's legal to abuse an adult on your property. Police have seen the broken bones, their response was that if I don't like it I should leave even though I can't because I'm disabled. They wouldn't even take me to a hospital and I never got medical care for them, which left me in pain for years and they didn't heal right. Legally, by staying on property you don't own you consent to being abused, so nothing illegal has taken place. The possibility of this being used to abuse disabled people isn't a thing anyone is even willing to consider in this country. Ironically we just get talk of children and disabled people "abusing their caregivers" instead, which people think is rampant even though successful prosecutions for it are nonexistent.
Woah oh my goodness

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Nope, in my country it's legal to abuse an adult on your property. Police have seen the broken bones, their response was that if I don't like it I should leave even though I can't because I'm disabled. They wouldn't even take me to a hospital and I never got medical care for them, which left me in pain for years and they didn't heal right. Legally, by staying on property you don't own you consent to being abused, so nothing illegal has taken place. The possibility of this being used to abuse disabled people isn't a thing anyone is even willing to consider in this country. Ironically we just get talk of children and disabled people "abusing their caregivers" instead, which people think is rampant even though successful prosecutions for it are nonexistent.
It's atrocities like this that really make me believe there is no god. I wish I could just scoop you up out of there. Fuck, I'm sorry I can't. I'm sure we all wish we could. Please just know that although the world hasn't shown it to you, you are loved. I love you. You matter.

Reactions: Whatshername, Weeping Garbage Can and Redt2go