Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
When you bring a child into the world, you expose them to the risk of living a life not worth living. We can characterise such a life as more common than one might think (lot's of depressed people), and likely enough to procure as to warrant a moral duty being placed on abstaining from procreation. We can consider such a life as rife with suffering in the form of poor mental health, serious disability, loneliness, physical pain, debilitating stress, hardship, etc. These are outcomes that parents cannot fully guard against with certainty, and therefore procreation is wrong, since it exposes an individual to these risks.

The second part of my view is that not bringing a child into the world isn't a harm. You're not depriving anyone of anything when you don't procreate, it's not as if some unborn entity is harmed or wronged, they simply do not exist.

I don't believe prospective parents often consider the full range of implications involved in creating another person and often do it for purely selfish reasons.

Since it is absurd to suggest that a person can exist before it is conceived, it is also absurd to suggest that by not conceiving this hypothetical person you are in some way depriving 'it' of life, and of all the potential happiness that life may entail.

Since happiness is not guaranteed, and that a certain amount of suffering necessarily is - bringing into life a new person is imposing suffering onto another being and is therefore immoral.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, Forever Sleep, myusername890 and 1 other person
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Procreation is a ponzi scheme

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, myusername890, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Procreation is a ponzi scheme
A Ponzi scheme is a type of financial fraud where returns on investments are paid from the contributions of new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate business activities. The scheme only functions as long as new participants continue to join. Eventually, the system collapses when the influx of new investors slows or stops, leaving those at the bottom of the pyramid with nothing.

In a similar manner, procreation involves bringing new lives into existence with the promise of a better future or fulfilling life. Parents often claim that having children brings joy, creates legacy, or ensures continuity for the family or society. Yet, this cycle of life requires that each generation reproduces and brings forth the next, sustaining an ongoing, self-perpetuating system. As with a Ponzi scheme, the system only continues as long as new participants are added—meaning more and more people must be born into a world of inherent suffering and uncertainty to keep the cycle going.

twolegs

twolegs

twoarms
Sep 17, 2024
I completely agree with you. When I told I my mother I don't want to have children she acted like I was crazy. I just want to be able to live my life without the constant stress of caring for someone so deeply, I want to be able to have more financial freedom and not lose my spontaneity. I know I wouldn't be able to care for a child i can barely take care of myself and lastly I don't want to curse an innocent child with having the shitty genes from the abomination my parents made (me). I don't think it's selfish to not want kids, how can you take away from something that doesn't exist?

Reactions: LifeQuitter, Forever Sleep and EvisceratedJester
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
This whole planet is a scam. I want my money back lmao.

• Hugs
Reactions: twolegs
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I remember my mom trying to argue that my mind would change once I was in a relationship in response to me telling her that I didn't want kids. I'm in a relationship right now and my mind has yet to change. I'm thankful that she was quick to accept the fact that I don't want to procreate. I already concluded that I didn't want to ever get pregnant and give birth back when I was in middle school. Recently, I had a nightmare in which I found out that I was 34 weeks pregnant and when I asked my mom about getting an abortion she said it was too late. The idea of choosing to procreate is selfish in my opinion. You are forcing someone into existence for your own sake, not caring for how it may impact them.

A part of me even wants to get a hysterectomy. My bf is fine with my choice to not have children, which I'm thankful about. I sometimes wish that I was completely infertile (which is funny since I have a slight breeding kink, lol). The only thing I like about having PCOS is the fact that it means that I'd have a harder time procreating. I don't like the idea of getting pregnant and I don't like the idea of bringing an innocent child into this world, especially with the current state of things and especially because I know I would be a pretty bad parent. If I ever do decide that I do want to become a parent, then I'm adopting a teenager or an older child.

I've grown to kind of have a slight bias against those who decide to procreate, which is funny since my bf has two kids of his own. There is just something so disgusting and heartless about deciding to have kids. I don't them, just as how I don't hate my parents, grandparents, and bf. I just can't help but kind of feel disappointed in those who decide to do something so selfish, especially in cases where they decide afterwards that they want to do things like ctb. I feel like most people don't view children as human beings, especially parents. They are just treated as an accessory or a thing.

This thread makes me about what's going on in Russia at the moment, with the government trying to increase birth rates and further push "traditional values" onto the public.

Reactions: Jarni