S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The group of people I have been working with all left the area up North in US where we have been working a project over the last 5-6 weeks. They all left to go down South, to help out with disaster and recovery response efforts for people having just experienced all of these hurricane storms that suddenly hit the Southern coast of the USA in the past weeks.

I did not go with them. Instead, I put in what you could call a resignation to my job, and have effectively quit the job at this point. I could easily go back though... So, it is not like I have completely sabotaged my current life or anything, but I have decided on taking things going in a new direction for myself.

I never set up my paychecks to go into a bank account, and I have no real access to my money right now at this moment. My checks have always been mailed to my sister living hundreds of miles away from my current location.

Someone tried to steal my bank card info at a gas pump a week or so ago, and this has resulted in my account to be turned off for me to access, and I have not reset it back up yet. I just did, but the new card is being sent to my sisters place.

EDIT: (We pay for our own gas per policy whenever taking long personal trips, and I traveled 400 miles to go see something happening in the US at the time.) - I know people just have to either believe or not what we all say online (even irl in person too), but I would not lie. I read most of my posts at least a second time, and did want to point this out in case someone wanted to know why I was using my own money for this...

I never needed money on this job. It was all expenses paid.. even food. I would simply have my sister send me a check every once in awhile (two checks in a little over a year and some months total time), so I could purchase cigarettes and coffee every day for myself. This was a big reason why I really liked this job.. because I hate money more than is imaginable! I despise it with all of my being, and did not want to have to worry about making it to support myself etc...

Now, I have turned back in my truck and all supplies which were given to me by the organization for use while I was being employed by them. I have no vehicle with me anymore.

I have $300 left in my pocket, and I am sitting in a seedy hotel with another night paid for.. about 1000 miles away from where my next destination is going to be...

I really do not know what I am going to do? I am not worried or scared, and do have some means available to me.. even if not easily or readily available to me at this very moment.. so no anxiety over it all or anything.

I am not sure if I am making the right decisions or anything? I felt like it was time to make some changes in my life again, and I made an effort to put those wheels in motion through my actions this past week and half, and here I am...

Let's see where this takes me?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, tidalwxves, Ulisses and 5 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Whatever you do, or wherever you go, know you can always find someone here to talk to. I wish you nothing but good.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ulisses and Spitfire
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I am feeling good about it right now.

It was not a rash decision. I have been considering a major change again for some time, several months anyway.

I would not have guessed to be in this exact type of scenario, for sure though. That makes it a little more exciting to me, and is a feeling to feel in itself, for having a new feeling... So, I like that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Myforevercharlie
okaoki

okaoki

last
Aug 4, 2018
if it was me , i'll start panicking , maybe i can't take care of myself , i hope the best of which wherever/whoever this leads you.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Spitfire
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I edited my first post above to add in some extra clarity about something that worried me for some reason.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Is it by your choice that your sister controls your finances? That just seems really annoying. Your job seems to have good benefit.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Spitfire
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
if it was me , i'll start panicking , maybe i can't take care of myself , i hope the best of which wherever/whoever this leads you.

Oh.. I panicked yesterday about it yesterday after everyone else was gone and I was still here...!

That passed though
Is it by your choice that your sister controls your finances? That just seems really annoying. Your job seems to have good benefit.

Yep, that was my choice.

I am making money for her right now. Well, not anymore lol...

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Ghost2211
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Best of luck to you, man.
I've done the same thing numerous times over the course of my life, though most of mine were acts of self sabotage.

Reactions: Spitfire and Deleted member 4993
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I appreciate it you sharing, as I do feel crazy about doing it still at this point.. which is probably a big reason why I am sharing this here with you all right now.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Good4Nothing
Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

Aug 23, 2020
Im curious what the place 1000 miles from where you are is about. Is that your sisters home? How do you even plan to get there?

You're decision sounds like a leap of faith. I can only hope that it works out for you.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
As much as I would like to be supportive, I personally solemnly regret making major changes in my life (jobs, countries, continents) to deal with my issues/escape into a new chapter of life. The last decade of my life is made up of almost 10 one year long chapters and I so wish I could just take back time to when I had a very good, stable job and a fiancé who was going to move across the ocean to be with me. I did have similar resentment towards money (ironically I was working in finance) and got the idea in my head that I must move towards something with more meaning and purpose. I did and did well, but it wasn't worth it (perhaps it's the more selfish part of me speaking).

It's just a word of caution from my end and perhaps a suggestion to reconsider your decision, I hope you don't take it the wrong way. Our lives are obviously different, I just learnt, in a very bitter way, that there is no running away from oneself. If you persist, I will keep my fingers crossed for you and I wish you all the best on your new path.