• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sad_frog

sad_frog

May 21, 2019
So... I've been spending some time with my mother and grandma at their house because my depression has been hard to handle on my own.
Extra:
My mom has always treated me more like a friend/lover than a daughter. She has her own problems that have really affected me such as having secondary progressive MS for 25 years, depression, mother issues, and most likely an undiagnosed personality disorder. My mom is very very protective of me to the point where she will harass people in my life to keep them away (boyfriends)

I was recently diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and she could not except it. Without my knowledge she threatened to sue my doctor who diagnosed me with BPD because she believes it was actually caused by a treatment he oversaw in the past.
So last night my gma came into my room and found me crying. I told her I was feeling suicidal but I hadn't had any plans. That I was feeling lost and didn't know what to do. My mom is suddenly in the doorway telling my grandma to "Get out," and "we are going to have to send her away for a long time." My gma bolts because their relationship is poor.
My mom started telling me that I have always been the "worst daughter," that I "never appreciate" what she's done for me and for that reason I'm going to have to spend "a significant amount of time in the hospital, probably months."

Because my mom has called the cops on me before I was truly terrified. She had the phone in her hand ready to call the ambulance and from experience I know if they come to your house you HAVE to go with them. I begged and cried telling her I would do anything because the mental ward never helps. I've been sexually assaulted before, my medication always gets messed up, and they are always really dirty. She is cut off by my boyfriend at the door (I had let him know how I was feeling and he was coming to spend time with me after work)

My boyfriend is at the door and my mom tells me "not to move or else," and goes out to shoo my BF away. When he doesn't leave she began telling my boyfriend about how ungrateful I am... But he knows my mom very well, he knew that she was being abusive and told her he would take care of me.. She didn't like that but there were people outside and she gave up.

I am 23 years old... Is she doing anything illegal by threatening to call the police when I am not in danger of myself or others and telling me I better "corporate" or else she'll send me away?

Last edited:
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
In a lot of countries, all it takes is one phone call from anyone, really... You enjoying your freedom, yet?

Reactions: sad_frog
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
What a controlling bitch is the first impression. I never lived with either parent after age 12, so not best placed to say too much. But I would tell her to mind her own fucking business if I were your BF. You really need to stand up to her and let her know, under no circumstance will she make decisions about your life, health and wellbeing for you. You are old enough to do that for yourself.

Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
And this is why Sanctioned Suicide is people's safe haven. Your mother is an absolute prick.

I mean, they'd have to CONFIRM you're "a danger to yourself" before they actually do anything, right? I'm not sure. Sometimes that's the case, and other times I've seen it just baselessly happen. Just be careful what you say, and don't say anything about a potential plan.

Also, you're 23, so she shouldn't have so much control over you.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Also, you're 23, so she shouldn't have so much control over you.
The Nazis didn't give a shit about how old a Jew or Gypsy or a Communist was in Nazi Germany. "Oh, you aren't one of us?" And that is all it takes...

Last edited:
Reactions: inconsequential
sad_frog

sad_frog

May 21, 2019
What a controlling bitch is the first impression. I never lived with either parent after age 12, so not best placed to say too much. But I would tell her to mind her own fucking business if I were your BF. You really need to stand up to her and let her know, under no circumstance will she make decisions about your life, health and wellbeing for you. You are old enough to do that for yourself.
Yeah, it took me a long time to realize how controlling she was. When I first invited her to a therapy session she talked over me about her problems to my doctor, that's when I was told by my therapist that I needed to have boundaries with her. I grew up watching her become more sick due to MS so I've always tried to mind her and stay out of trouble because stress causes her painful MS attacks that last for days. I may be old enough to take care of myself but she has always been able to get away with these sorts of threats. She has done it twice before.
I mean, they'd have to CONFIRM you're "a danger to yourself" before they actually do anything, right? I'm not sure. Sometimes that's the case, and other times I've seen it just baselessly happen. Just be careful what you say, and don't say anything about a potential plan.
Yeah, this is true. The problem is also that if the ambulance came and took me I would have to wait in the ER until a doctor assesses me AND also pay the $+800 for the ambulance ride.
In a lot of countries, all it takes is one phone call from anyone, really... You enjoying your freedom, yet?
What's a "freedom"??

Last edited: