obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
So I told my mother about my ctb ideas and told her that I have a plan and the only thing stopping me is my family (I dont have anything to lose anymore so might as well voice my thoughts) and she said she will do it if I do.

She adopted me and gave me such a good life, at least the best she could, and I just cant bring myself to ruin her like that.

Any advice?

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, chuerdhmproton, idk3 and 4 others
SovietSuicide

SovietSuicide

Student
Jan 8, 2022
I'm also doing my best for my mum but if it comes to homelessness then I don't really have a choice, I'm not becoming homeless.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, chuerdhmproton, annointed_towers and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Perhaps that is something to hold onto, she gave you as much as she could so maybe weighing the options is what you could do if recovery is something you want. The fact that she said she'd do it too could mean that a reason why she lives is because of you. If you can't bring yourself to hurt her like that then seek out recovery or a reason to hang on if you can.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pipsqueak!, voyager and EternalShore
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
So I told my mother about my ctb ideas and told her that I have a plan and the only thing stopping me is my family (I dont have anything to lose anymore so might as well voice my thoughts) and she said she will do it if I do.

She adopted me and gave me such a good life, at least the best she could, and I just cant bring myself to ruin her like that.

Any advice?
same here but I could give less of a shit about my mom

Reactions: ppie41 and SMmetalhead36
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I'm in the same situation and her existence is half the reason why I'm still holding on but it can't last forever.

You're asking for advice but you haven't given many details on your situation. Why do you wanna CTB?

• Hugs
Reactions: Pipsqueak! and voyager
hungariancorpse

hungariancorpse

Oct 11, 2023
My parents are old and I have 2 children, but I felt alone with everyone, I've been working to finance other people's happiness for as long as I've been alive, so I'd rather say goodbye to everyone. it's not selfishness, it's free will.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and SMmetalhead36
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
My parents are old and I have 2 children, but I felt alone with everyone, I've been working to finance other people's happiness for as long as I've been alive, so I'd rather say goodbye to everyone. it's not selfishness, it's free will.
I've dealt with this very thing for years.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
I'm in the same situation and her existence is half the reason why I'm still holding on but it can't last forever.

You're asking for advice but you haven't given many details on your situation. Why do you wanna CTB?
Depression, pill abuse, alcohol abuse, severe anxiety, eating disorder

• Hugs
Reactions: Scattered-Soul, SMmetalhead36 and Beyond_Repair
I

Itatn

Jul 7, 2023

Any advice?
My mum said the exact same, but after a frank talk and showing the evidence of my work to get better (medications, programs and various professionals) she eventually got a bigger picture of the endless torment that is existing for me. She went from "i'll do it to" to "well you're not doing it alone I want to at least be there", which obviously isn't a good idea as the law likely would take a stance of aiding in the latter situation.

• Wow
Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture and voyager
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023

Any advice?
This is exactly why I wouldn't tell anyone my intentions. My mom has a lot of issues and I'm not sure if she would if I did or not, but I definitely don't want to know because knowing that would happen would probably prevent me from going through with it at all

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be a difficult situation to be in, but anyway only you can decide what to do, it's a personal decision, I wish you the best.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Am struggling with this myself, and my mom said the same thing at times. The motives have been various. Sometimes guilt tripping, sometimes because I'm all she has left (technically there's my brother too, but it's not the same) and of course because she too has her health problems and not that much to live for in general.

The clinical answer is that if one (in this case one's mother) has that little left to live for and the only thing keeping her going is her child's existence in misery, one could argue, that's no proper reason to continue this ordeal.

But, depending on the severity of one's problems one might be able to drag it out for some time/indefinitely or reach a point where one just can't go on, no matter how much one wants to, because there's just nothing left to give. This is something though only you can figure out.

Some years ago I said on this question, ultimately, I'll do what's appropriate, not what's right.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
There are relatives who react in the opposite way.