U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Every day feels like such a horrible cycle which is scary considering that this is what I am dealing with after prior weights being lifted. Imagining what I'd be feeling if they weren't makes me shudder. I find it truly tragic that the "good times" in my life essentially always consist of either fleeing the dread that is embedded deep within my mind or trying to find a way to express my disgust for life in a way that has not grown stale yet. I must be checked out 24/7 in order to not overflow with the mental suffering that I have been feeling for years and this really begins to upset me if I think about it too much but I simply can not avoid thinking about these things forever. All of the ideas that haunt my psyche always resurface and quite frankly, it is a very unpleasant game of whack a mole that I play with my mind daily.

I just don't really understand where I could possibly find lasting relief at this point and unfortunately I feel naive as hell for even believing that things won't get better because I have experienced enough to understand that beliefs will hardly even take me anywhere whether they are invested in optimism or pessimism. Nothing will take me anywhere because I have a psychological ailment that refuses to budge despite putting everything I am capable of into fixing it. I possess such a feeble damaged mind and it is driving me insane day by day, at the very least, anytime that I acknowledge it or lift my attention from what I am doing. What can I possibly do? I would love take initiative over my life and bring my desires to fruition by ctb'ing but am making the conscious decision to postpone as long as possible for my parents' sake. And damn, my masochistic altruism poses a new problem considering that I risk losing access to my chosen method if laws change in the future and we all know what that would mean. A much more violent and chaotic exit! Awesome!

Well, I am just filled to the brim with feelings of disgust towards this life and my sense of obligation. Again, I just seriously wish I could have never been born and I am so disappointed at the fact that reality was imposed upon me. I abhor this life.. Seriously. To my parents: I know that there was no way you guys could have known it would be this way, but it still hurts to live this life and not a day goes by where I don't feel like I am not of this world. I can cope with the fact that everything ends but I can not cope with the fact that everything ends by dying in agony.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, freevoid and Venus13
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always despised existing personally, at least for me this reality is not something that I could ever accept or see as being desirable. But it's true that existing can certainly be torture, I do think that never being born is of course the best possibility with death being second to that, at least to me. And I get that it can be so tiring feeling trapped here in an existence not worth enduring, I'm certainly tired of it all.

Reactions: Unending
freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
Oh hey, are you me? Constant mental suffering? This is like, the theme song of my life.

Whack-a-mole is the perfect way to put it. I've reached the point of exhaustion where I just let the shitty thoughts run me through, nothing changes them and my scant energy is better used elsewhere.

"I can cope with the fact that everything ends but I can not cope with the fact that everything ends by dying in agony."

Poignant words. I feel the same, death doesn't scare me, only suffering and pain.

I'm really sorry this has been your experience of life. Wish I had some advice but unfortunately things didn't get better for me despite 16 years of trying, so i have nothing. All I can say is that I hope you find a resolution. At the end of the day, you can only live (or die) for you, not for anyone else.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Oh hey, are you me? Constant mental suffering? This is like, the theme song of my life.

Whack-a-mole is the perfect way to put it. I've reached the point of exhaustion where I just let the shitty thoughts run me through, nothing changes them and my scant energy is better used elsewhere.

"I can cope with the fact that everything ends but I can not cope with the fact that everything ends by dying in agony."

Poignant words. I feel the same, death doesn't scare me, only suffering and pain.

I'm really sorry this has been your experience of life. Wish I had some advice but unfortunately things didn't get better for me despite 16 years of trying, so i have nothing. All I can say is that I hope you find a resolution. At the end of the day, you can only live (or die) for you, not for anyone else.
I'm also at a point where I feel like trying to reframe my thoughts and all that stuff just feels so detrimental and it seems better to just give myself a rest. I tried to work on what I see as a glorified form of suppressing my thoughts for years and either really have been doing it wrong or people just like to give advice about dealing with conditions that they don't understand lol. Also, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a similar experience as I did. Thank you for your empathy.

freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
I'm also at a point where I feel like trying to reframe my thoughts and all that stuff just feels so detrimental and it seems better to just give myself a rest. I tried to work on what I see as a glorified form of suppressing my thoughts for years and either really have been doing it wrong or people just like to give advice about dealing with conditions that they don't understand lol. Also, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a similar experience as I did. Thank you for your empathy.

I feel it's the latter. People either straight up don't know what they're talking about, or, their only experience is with a mild form of the thing that responds to basic effort. This applies to anything. For those of us stuck in the severe camp, people either have to 1) deal with the discomfort that sometimes things don't improve and/or some people are just fucked or 2), project it onto the other person as a personal failing of theirs to try and get rid of the discomfort (doing it wrong, not trying hard enough etc.)

No problems. I do sincerely hope for improvement for everyone. I've accepted that many of us do not get it.

Reactions: Unending