NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
Hi this is my first post.

My method is cutting the radial artery in my wrist. I've been using razors for a while now and after a while cutting just the surface of the skin didn't help me. (Even though self harming isn't a good long term solution it helps your mental state in the short term). Now I just keep making the same cut above my radial artery bigger until I finally get to it.

Is there anything I need to look out for whilst doing this? I'm I'm pretty sure there aren't any major nerves or anything in that area of the wrist so I'm assuming I'll get to the artery before anything else. If anyone else has any advice or information on this, that'd be great.

Thank you :)

NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
This is what I expected. This is why I want to kill myself. No one actually gives a shit.

ezraeil

ezraeil

selfish and weak
Nov 15, 2023
This is what I expected. This is why I want to kill myself. No one actually gives a shit.
bro dont think like that. i feel the same way but you have to understand not everyone has the same perspective and actually wants to respond(sounds like a way of saying i dont give a shit too) but trust me i didnt even see your post i just saw it and honestly self harm never helped me but as far as i know from my biology classes i dont think there are any MAJOR veins there but still if you arent trying to ctb id recommend being careful around there

off topic but ur profile picture made me smirk and chuckle for no reason at all lol

• Yay!
Reactions: NCJaffa
NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
bro dont think like that. i feel the same way but you have to understand not everyone has the same perspective and actually wants to respond(sounds like a way of saying i dont give a shit too) but trust me i didnt even see your post i just saw it and honestly self harm never helped me but as far as i know from my biology classes i dont think there are any MAJOR veins there but still if you arent trying to ctb id recommend being careful around there

off topic but ur profile picture made me smirk and chuckle for no reason at all lol
Haha. There's a long story behind it, but the short is that I used to play gmod and this was a screenshot taken, I then got an amazing artist to draw their own version.

As for the other stuff. Self harm does help. It's a proven fact that it helps suicidal people because it's basically a form of therapy and distracts them from their mental pain. Obviously I'm not self harming and I'm actually trying to ctb but after looking it up online, I'm like 99% sure the radial artery is where I'm cutting, It's on the inside of the wrist on the right side of the right hand. (I'm left handed so using my left hand)

Reactions: ezraeil
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
Hi this is my first post.

My method is cutting the radial artery in my wrist. I've been using razors for a while now and after a while cutting just the surface of the skin didn't help me. (Even though self harming isn't a good long term solution it helps your mental state in the short term). Now I just keep making the same cut above my radial artery bigger until I finally get to it.

Is there anything I need to look out for whilst doing this? I'm I'm pretty sure there aren't any major nerves or anything in that area of the wrist so I'm assuming I'll get to the artery before anything else. If anyone else has any advice or information on this, that'd be great.

Thank you :)
Sorry to say this but there are 3 major nerves that run down your arm. The radial nerve runs alongside the radial artery. The median and ulnar nerves run down your arm all the way to your palm. Missing a nerve may be difficult. Sorry.

Reactions: kilowatt, edu0z and NCJaffa
ezraeil

ezraeil

selfish and weak
Nov 15, 2023
Haha. There's a long story behind it, but the short is that I used to play gmod and this was a screenshot taken, I then got an amazing artist to draw their own version.

As for the other stuff. Self harm does help. It's a proven fact that it helps suicidal people because it's basically a form of therapy and distracts them from their mental pain. Obviously I'm not self harming and I'm actually trying to ctb but after looking it up online, I'm like 99% sure the radial artery is where I'm cutting, It's on the inside of the wrist on the right side of the right hand. (I'm left handed so using my left hand)
that's interesting ive never actually gotten the distraction from cutting and self harming, i only felt some kind of distraction whenever i go boxing and spar against others. I felt way more better when i got to "take out my anger" on others. But if your still trying ctb, why wont try other methods? Like Night Night or Partial Hanging? They are less painful and quicker i think.
i never actually got to play that game, i loved watching it on youtube as a kid though. It always made me smile and actually laugh. The artist did a very nice job though nice!

Last edited:
NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
Sorry to say this but there are 3 major nerves that run down your arm. The radial nerve runs alongside the radial artery. The median and ulnar nerves run down your arm all the way to your palm. Missing a nerve may be difficult. Sorry.
Which nerve runs next to your artery?. I'm going for the right side of the right hand. From images I've seen the nerve is at least an inch away from the radial artery (In the centre of the wrist). Obviously there are nerves in your skin but apart from that I can't see anything major.

ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
Which nerve runs next to your artery?. I'm going for the right side of the right hand. From images I've seen the nerve is at least an inch away from the radial artery (In the centre of the wrist). Obviously there are nerves in your skin but apart from that I can't see anything major.
The radial nerve and radial artery run alongside each other. They are on the thumb side of your arm. The medial and ulnar nerves run down the middle of your arm to your palm. The ulnar nerve is more towards the side of your pinkie finger and the median runs more in the middle.

• Love
NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
The radial nerve and radial artery run alongside each other. They are on the thumb side of your arm. The medial and ulnar nerves run down the middle of your arm to your palm. The ulnar nerve is more towards the side of your pinkie finger and the median runs more in the middle.
Is that if your palm is facing down or up? I'm cutting on the right side if my palm is facing up. Hopefully that makes sense.

R

rashlan

Nov 11, 2023
Can confirm, car ctb attempt left me with only one of the three major nerves still functioning. De-gloving took away my biggest ctb distraction: piano. Got a whole lot easier to think about ctb after that. As for OP, i'd say the issue might be that you're constantly building up scar tissue which may become an issue for one reason or another. I've thought about cutting but turns out I'm pretty careful about my nerves these days.

Yes, cutting helps because it releases adrenaline and endorphines which make you feel good. Cutting is a drug. And just like any drug it escalates. I kept going until I started getting passed my dermis. Starts getting a bit hairy and there's nowhere further to go at that point. Acclimation sucks.

• Love
NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
Can confirm, car ctb attempt left me with only one of the three major nerves still functioning. De-gloving took away my biggest ctb distraction: piano. Got a whole lot easier to think about ctb after that. As for OP, i'd say the issue might be that you're constantly building up scar tissue which may become an issue for one reason or another. I've thought about cutting but turns out I'm pretty careful about my nerves these days.

Yes, cutting helps because it releases adrenaline and endorphines which make you feel good. Cutting is a drug. And just like any drug it escalates. I kept going until I started getting passed my dermis. Starts getting a bit hairy and there's nowhere further to go at that point. Acclimation sucks.
You know what. I think I'm at that point. It hurts so much when I cut as deep as I do and I really hate doing it. I just feel like it's what I have to do to feel better at this point.

R

rashlan

Nov 11, 2023
This is just a rough hypothesis of mine, nothing concrete and just an idea.
Crop rotation exists to protect the soil, not the crops themselves. Alternating or rotating the crop that grows means different chemicals are absorbed from the soils and different fertilisers are needed. This gives the other chemicals time to rejuvenate and prevents the fertilisers from scarring the soil.

Apologies for the ramble but perhaps taking a break from cutting will give time for the body to reset its endorphine response.

For example: The human brain slowly gets accustomed to caffeine, to the extent that caffeine starts to have the opposite effect. The last time I checked the studies it takes a full 7 days (at least) with absolutely NO caffeine (coke, certain foods etc.) to reset the brain. I have done this and the first cup 'o joe makes you feel like you're having a heart attack.

I'm no advocate but finding another non-invasive way to get that high for a while might mean that once you switch (rotate) back you can go back to shallow cuts.
This of course entirely depends on your brains genetic dependance. I've never had a problem cutting anything addictive for months or years but others may develop a dependance that is less healthy than cutting. Although at this point I think you're getting to my point where escalation starts to get out of control.

• Love
NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
This is just a rough hypothesis of mine, nothing concrete and just an idea.
Crop rotation exists to protect the soil, not the crops themselves. Alternating or rotating the crop that grows means different chemicals are absorbed from the soils and different fertilisers are needed. This gives the other chemicals time to rejuvenate and prevents the fertilisers from scarring the soil.

Apologies for the ramble but perhaps taking a break from cutting will give time for the body to reset its endorphine response.

For example: The human brain slowly gets accustomed to caffeine, to the extent that caffeine starts to have the opposite effect. The last time I checked the studies it takes a full 7 days (at least) with absolutely NO caffeine (coke, certain foods etc.) to reset the brain. I have done this and the first cup 'o joe makes you feel like you're having a heart attack.

I'm no advocate but finding another non-invasive way to get that high for a while might mean that once you switch (rotate) back you can go back to shallow cuts.
This of course entirely depends on your brains genetic dependance. I've never had a problem cutting anything addictive for months or years but others may develop a dependance that is less healthy than cutting. Although at this point I think you're getting to my point where escalation starts to get out of control.
I can try but sadly the true point of cutting myself is killing myself. I get what you mean though. I've been smoking bud for years and it has helped so much. I would have been dead a long time ago without it. Tolerance is a huge factor when smoking weed. I tend to take breaks to allow myself to get more high which keeps me more out of my conscious mind which ig keeps me alive. I guess from what you're saying it's the same with self harming. I'll try taking a break (I'm not good when it comes to addiction) and hopefully when I start again it stops me from cutting this deep and trying this ctb method.
I just want to add this to see if anyone else relates, but I feel like I have two minds with my depression. I have my logical mind that controls the sensible part of my brain that wants to keep me alive and then I have the emotional side which takes over 99% of the time and makes me want to ctb. Hopefully that makes sense.
Thanks <3

R

rashlan

Nov 11, 2023
Funny, I have the opposite. My logical mind knows it's best to ctb. My emotional mind is like "ooh pretty flower", "ooh that sun feels kinda nice", "ooh family" etc.

It could be SI kicking in before I event get to ctb, but either way it's the same goal but opposite minds.

• Love
Reactions: NCJaffa and Golden
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
If anyone else has any advice or information on this, that'd be great.
If you have access to blood thinners that'd be great and when you cut vertically you're more likely to hit some arteries. If you really want to use this method you have to go deep and like really deep bc probably you'll hit some veins first and there'll be a lot of blood but the arteries are more important and these are smt even protected by some bone so it's hard af to ctb like this. I thought it was a really nice way but actually it's nearly impossible if you don't use blood thinners and a loooot of painkillers. I mean the success rate is less then 2% so yeah I wouldn't really recommend honestly.

Hope that helps you. Razors are btw great but nevertheless it's sooooo damn difficult and painful af. So if you reeeaaallyy want to ctb I'm sorry but then I'd look out for other methods. But when you're having any doubt then ofc don't bc we care about you. Sorry that nobody answered at first. I can imagine that kinda hurt but yeah we're here for you whenever you need someone to talk to <3

R

rashlan

Nov 11, 2023
I guess unless you're going for a gash in a major artery then biology has had a few millenia to beat you with coagulants like platelets. Turns out we're really easy to kill but hard to to ctb.

Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Yeah it really sucks, most people here don't respond to help threads. Do you wanna talk in dms? I have a question I want answered as well.

NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
When in the day you post has a bearing on how many can respond and also you can just type BUMP (bring up my post) in the message box later in the evening so a new lot of users can hopefully see and respond to your post.
Okay. I guess that's just my mind playing tricks on my at that point. Sorry to complain about that.
Yeah it really sucks, most people here don't respond to help threads. Do you wanna talk in dms? I have a question I want answered as well.
I'd love to. It's getting pretty late here but I'd love to talk tomorrow :) I guess that's a reason not to ctb
I guess unless you're going for a gash in a major artery then biology has had a few millenia to beat you with coagulants like platelets. Turns out we're really easy to kill but hard to to ctb.
That's so true. I see so many people ctb and I don't understand how they do it.
Funny, I have the opposite. My logical mind knows it's best to ctb. My emotional mind is like "ooh pretty flower", "ooh that sun feels kinda nice", "ooh family" etc.

It could be SI kicking in before I event get to ctb, but either way it's the same goal but opposite minds.
That's so interesting. I'm currently studying a computer science degree so I've always relied on my logical brain. It's the only part of me that doesn't want to ctb. My emotional side however goes from loving life to wanting to ctb in 2 seconds haha.
If you have access to blood thinners that'd be great and when you cut vertically you're more likely to hit some arteries. If you really want to use this method you have to go deep and like really deep bc probably you'll hit some veins first and there'll be a lot of blood but the arteries are more important and these are smt even protected by some bone so it's hard af to ctb like this. I thought it was a really nice way but actually it's nearly impossible if you don't use blood thinners and a loooot of painkillers. I mean the success rate is less then 2% so yeah I wouldn't really recommend honestly.

Hope that helps you. Razors are btw great but nevertheless it's sooooo damn difficult and painful af. So if you reeeaaallyy want to ctb I'm sorry but then I'd look out for other methods. But when you're having any doubt then ofc don't bc we care about you. Sorry that nobody answered at first. I can imagine that kinda hurt but yeah we're here for you whenever you need someone to talk to <3
Thanks for the help <3. I'll look into blood thinners. I keep looking of diagrams the wrist for nerves and blood vessels and I only see the arteries and veins being the major organs in that area. If you disagree would you mind explaining why with evidence. I'm sorry I just feel like I'll keep doing it unless I believe it. Thanks :)

Last edited:
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Thanks for the help <3. I'll look into blood thinners. I keep looking of diagrams the wrist for nerves and blood vessels and I only see the arteries and veins being the major organs in that area. If you disagree would you mind explaining why with evidence. I'm sorry I just feel like I'll keep doing it unless I believe it. Thanks :)
Uhm I don't think I really understand xD. Yeah these are the major organs in the area but it's just kinda hard to get there with some aterys. But if you really want to do it with cutting then stabbing in the throat is more likely to succeed but only if u want yk. I think I'd rather go with the wrist too honestly.

• Aww..
R

rashlan

Nov 11, 2023
I've been a programmer for nearly 10 years now, if you want to chat about anything let me know.

• Wow
NCJaffa

NCJaffa

Nov 13, 2023
Uhm I don't think I really understand xD. Yeah these are the major organs in the area but it's just kinda hard to get there with some aterys. But if you really want to do it with cutting then stabbing in the throat is more likely to succeed but only if u want yk. I think I'd rather go with the wrist too honestly.
I guess. I'll keep trying this way. If it doesn't work I have drunk drowning as an option.
I've been a programmer for nearly 10 years now, if you want to chat about anything let me know.
I'd love to :)