noSuffering

noSuffering

May the Force be with Israel
May 7, 2023
Christina was a journalist, very smart, she wanted to make the world a better place, but the management of the TV channel wanted the programs to be popular, so they demanded from her what the audience liked - reporting from crime scenes, blood and guts. One sunny morning in 1974, Christina said live on a TV channel:

"In keeping with the WXLT practice of presenting the most immediate and complete reports of local blood and guts news, TV 40 presents what is believed to be a television first. In living color, exclusive coverage of an attempted suicide."

took out a revolver and shot herself. The video recording does not exist on the Internet.

IMG 20231209 001356
IMG 20231209 001035

I wanted to buy a beautiful New Year's mirror ball to decorate the twig. But I don't have money for a toy. So I drew a ball. This is even better - a reminder that poverty is absolute hell and life is not needed.

• Aww..
Reactions: loopdaloop, pthnrdnojvsc, leftvoid and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I think the colours on the bauble/ball you drew are very nice/beautiful

have you watched the film on Christina Chubbuck ? I originally heard about her from a YouTube video discussing what she did on live television and her personal life and how people are seeking out the audio recording

the film is Christine (2016) it is on my watchlist

• Love
Reactions: noSuffering
savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
her story always struck a chord with me years later, listened to the audio and you can hear her pain in her voice even though she's put on the newsanchor voice it's very evident. may she rest in peace

• Love
Reactions: noSuffering and psp3000
noSuffering

noSuffering

May 7, 2023
I think the colours on the bauble/ball you drew are very nice/beautiful

have you watched the film on Christina Chubbuck ?

her story always struck a chord with me years later, listened to the audio and you can hear her pain in her voice even though she's put on the newsanchor voice it's very evident. may she rest in peace

I spent many nights on the internet Googling about Christine. Starting from the obvious search for videos, Christina's story, and right down to how many search engine queries there were about Christine from the country where I unfortunately "live" and from the city.

I have not seen and do not want to watch the film about Christine. I don't want to look at the actress who plays Christina, I want to look at Christina. It's like it's better to read one book written by Einstein than a thousand books written about Einstein.

There is a video of suicide on the Internet - but it is 100% fake, an audio recording of suicide is also almost guaranteed to be fake. But I watched a few seconds of recordings of her regular programs just to hear her voice. I love Christine, she is my multidimensional interference tulpa.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotviolin and psp3000
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I feel like that video has to exist somewhere. I would like to see it for myself.
Just to put myself deeper into her shoes.

Reactions: noSuffering
noSuffering

noSuffering

May 7, 2023
I feel like that video has to exist somewhere. I would like to see it for myself.
Just to put myself deeper into her shoes.
It is extremely unlikely that the video exists. The tape with the recording had been kept in the law office since 1974. As professional video editors say, the magnetic film of video cassettes, especially those of that time, quickly degrades physically and chemically. If you don't make new copies every few years, the recording is guaranteed to be lost. I think a law office is not the place where they will update the film every few years and look for new equipment for this.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
It is extremely unlikely that the video exists. The tape with the recording had been kept in the law office since 1974. As professional video editors say, the magnetic film of video cassettes, especially those of that time, quickly degrades physically and chemically. If you don't make new copies every few years, the recording is guaranteed to be lost. I think a law office is not the place where they will update the film every few years and look for new equipment for this.
If it aired on live tv maybe a person might have been recording it. I know it's probably a lost cause but still.

noSuffering

noSuffering

May 7, 2023
If it aired on live tv maybe a person might have been recording it. I know it's probably a lost cause but still.
No. First of all, in 1974, almost no one had VCRs. Secondly, the possible number of viewers who watched this newscast that day was calculated - it was only a few hundred people. (It was a relatively small television company). Multiplying the probabilities they give zero (because the viewer cannot be considered a fractional number lol). Well, it is obvious that such a recording of an ordinary TV viewer, if it existed, would have been sold to them a long time ago.

noSuffering

noSuffering

May 7, 2023
..her personal life ...
Speaking of her personal life. I thought a lot about the fact that the management of the TV channel at every corner was doing its best to talk about the problems in her personal life and loneliness. And people accepted it with pleasure. I think this is bullshit, because in this way the management tried to remove the blame for her death:

If Christine committed suicide because the management of the TV channel required her to report on crime and blood in order to be popular (instead of boring solutions to social problems like healthcare) - and people loved it. That part of the blame for Christine's suicide lies with the leadership and society. But if she allegedly committed suicide because of problems in her personal life, then all the blame from the TV channel and viewers is automatically removed. It is very convenient to shift responsibility from society to the individual. Everyone benefits and problems need not be solved.

I'm explaining it crookedly, but I hope you understand my point. I am really outraged by the pedaling of Christine's personal life and the obvious hidden corrupt background. Instead of talking about what assholes people are - some want popularity and more money and show crimes and guts, while others enjoy watching it. When Christine herself crystal clearly formulated the reason for her action. Yes, I'm a misanthrope.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotviolin
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
may she rest in peace. that was a brave thing for her to do, i understand her situation though.

enjoy your holidays! and good job with the research. if you don't mind me asking, do you know where the audio tape can be found? i'm somewhat currious.

noSuffering

noSuffering

May 7, 2023
may she rest in peace. that was a brave thing for her to do, i understand her situation though.

enjoy your holidays! and good job with the research. if you don't mind me asking, do you know where the audio tape can be found? i'm somewhat currious.
This video is the only footage of the real Christine Chubbuck that I found on the Internet. This is a TV recording showing a few seconds of her interview. There she is and her voice. I'm crying. She is my soul mate.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye