• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

Ghastly

Dec 15, 2018
Basically the title. I have had depression for years, it's just part of my personality now. I'm content in my life and make strides to improve myself my career, etc. I have goals and am organized and have passions and hobbies I love. My family is strong and stable and loving. I do lack a lot of friends and an authentic intimate relationship though. Overall I'm satisfied and if I'm not I change my circumstances. I do not suffer from paralysis of decisions, rather I am reasonably reactive in a measured manner.

However I want to ctb in the next two years or so because I don't want to keep going forever. I am of the ilk that it's the exhaustion of everyday life that removes the possibility of my future happiness. I do get bogged down in the minutiae of life partly due to my ADHD for which I am appropriately medicated.

Does anyone else feel similarly? I am unsure if I will ever follow through as my outlook may change. The prospect of ctb is very calming and brings immense relief. Thoughts?

Reactions: Broken Chimera, Pineapplecrown, Sasha and 11 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I'm almost 50 and life hasn't improved. I don't even want to go another 2 years.

Reactions: ExRN, Broken Chimera, Sasha and 9 others
gnrluver0105

gnrluver0105

Nov 25, 2018
I feel exactly the way you did, I have a below average life, not so bad like other people around here, even so, thinking of doing this for another 40 years or more (I have 29 yr), it's so unbearable to me

Reactions: Broken Chimera, Sasha, Deafsn0w and 5 others
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
I share a similar view. Also, I would rather die before I have a whole host of problems that are even worse than the ones I have now. Doing it because I am in crisis or in a state of dire desperation isn't the way I want it.

Reactions: sif, Sasha, Deafsn0w and 4 others
G

Ghastly

Dec 15, 2018
Thanks Jen, it really is to avoid a later inevitable problem or to avoid the horror of wanting to die and then having a child or a spouse (in my case) that will make it so much harder and rushed.

The utter exhaustion of life is overbearing. I find so much relief in having a plan ready to go, even if I don't follow through right away.

Reactions: sif, Pineapplecrown, Sasha and 4 others
L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
Yeah, living is a gamble, the longer you live, the longer the gamble. Would rather quit while I'm ahead. Leave on a high note, never been one for gambling. Despite having a descent life by comparison I have no interests in anything. Am completely detached from this world. So days seem to go by longer for me. Death is the only thing I look forward to but it's taking too damn long and I'm tired of waiting. Wish I could take action now but fear of failing keeps me here.

Reactions: Broken Chimera, sif, Pineapplecrown and 5 others
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Yeah, living is a gamble, the longer you live, the longer the gamble. Would rather quit while I'm ahead. Leave on a high note, never been one for gambling. Despite having a descent life by comparison I have no interests in anything. Am completely detached from this world. So days seem to go by longer for me. Death is the only thing I look forward to but it's taking too damn long and I'm tired of waiting. Wish I could take action now but fear of failing keeps me here.
This. This is exactly the outlook I feel too. I'm quite an optimist/pessimist. I'm pessimistic about life, optimistic about CTB.
I do feel I take a gamble every time I wake up and go to sleep. Life is full of dangers, risks. The pleasures are few and far between and are not enough to block out the cold reality. Life is scary...

Reactions: sif, Jen Erik, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
G

Ghastly

Dec 15, 2018

Yes the analogy of gambling is quite close to what I feel! It's as if I were in the middle of an OK book but decided not to spend the next twelve hours reading and instead got a cup of tea. Why would I continue on if it's laborious and ultimately unnecessary and purely exhaustive?

Reactions: sif, Jen Erik, SiArc and 2 others
3dworldsucks

3dworldsucks

Jun 1, 2019
for me personally, life is just dull if you dont have a loved one, thats the reason I lack the motivation to continue living.

9thousand

May 26, 2019
This is exactly how I feel. I've never been able to articulate that feeling. I can't imagine tolerating year after years after year... I always knew that I wouldn't live that long, that it was inevitable.