mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
I hate how boring my life is. I spend all day on my computer browsing this website, watching youtube, scrolling through youtube and looking for something to watch, playing video games, listening to music all of it is boring. I have no life outside of the internet. I don't have any other hobbies, I don't have a job, and I don't have any real life friends, and even when I try to socialize and talk to people, its so boring, and my conversations never go anywhere. I hardly care about anything anymore. I know spending all day on the computer isn't good, but I have literally nothing else to do.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Joarga, NoPoint2Life and 3 others
misatosdiary

misatosdiary

everything and nothing at once
Jun 28, 2024
I feel exactly the same, nothing really satisfies me anymore and I'm bored constantly. It almost feels chronic lmao, have u tried anything to make the boredom stop? If so what do u think could help?

• Love
Reactions: Ethel, Adûnâi and mrpeter
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I'm a NEET under an effective house arrest in the Ukraine. What I have been doing lately is do arm raises (300-400 a day), and yesterday I was prompted on a fetish website to do sit ups, now my muscles hurt : (

I never left my room from Feb 2018 to the spring/September 2018, and I liked it, although now I'm feeling worse... Still, what keeps me alive is anticipating the result of the election, maybe the end of the war, maybe a nuclear war, maybe an AGI singularity, maybe new game releases, maybe hundreds of hours of VODs on Twitch, maybe watching history podcasts on YouTube, maybe playing a wildly different game - like have you tried mobile games? It would be a last resort, but maybe you'd like it lmao.

Reactions: Ethel, mrpeter and misatosdiary
mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
I feel exactly the same, nothing really satisfies me anymore and I'm bored constantly. It almost feels chronic lmao, have u tried anything to make the boredom stop? If so what do u think could help?
Avoiding mindlessly scrolling on the internet So I could resensitize myself, a habit that I started doing again, because I am desperate for dopamine. Almost nothing entertains me.

Reactions: Ethel and misatosdiary
misatosdiary

misatosdiary

everything and nothing at once
Jun 28, 2024
I'm a NEET under an effective house arrest in the Ukraine. What I have been doing lately is do arm raises (300-400 a day), and yesterday I was prompted on a fetish website to do sit ups, now my muscles hurt : (

I never left my room from Feb 2018 to the spring/September 2018, and I liked it, although now I'm feeling worse... Still, what keeps me alive is anticipating the result of the election, maybe the end of the war, maybe a nuclear war, maybe an AGI singularity, maybe new game releases, maybe hundreds of hours of VODs on Twitch, maybe watching history podcasts on YouTube, maybe playing a wildly different game - like have you tried mobile games? It would be a last resort, but maybe you'd like it lmao.
I know u didnt reply to me but to your question I tried videogames and I like them yeah but I feel like I'm rotting away with my brain excitement stats being constant the entire time.. Watching news is quite interesting but also often disturbing.. What did you do when you didnt leave ur room? I honestly listen to music most of the time and just think..

• Love
Reactions: Ethel and Adûnâi
mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024

I don't like mobile games, they're generic, boring and they beg you for money, and are all pay to win.
I don't like mobile games, they're generic, boring and they beg you for money, and are all pay to win.
Video games have been boring me lately, I just play them to pass time

• Love
Reactions: Ethel and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The only one I play is Mobile Legends, and it was a life saver, when I could just play Dota on my phone in bed. I'm way too lazy to do it on PC anymore. Although lately I've been having an itch to go back to HotS, or maybe my old pirated Medieval 2 Total War. There's a lot of variety. I could also watch streamers play that Chinese Elden Ring (Wukong?). Or I could listen to Asmongold for days (haven't done that in many months).

but I feel like I'm rotting away with my brain excitement stats being constant the entire time..
That's why you could change the game in question maybe? I know that I can't kill myself until I play Portal 2 because it's such a classic, could launch it literally today but I'm just lazy, so I sleep and watch VODs in bed lmao.

...The above post is not about diminishing your suffering but about genuinely brain-storming ideas which might work for me in my state of mind possibly. Take it easy, I'm so sleepy lel

• Hugs
Reactions: Ethel and misatosdiary
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
Everything is boring now. Zero interest in anything. I just sit living in my head.

Reactions: mrpeter