BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
So after a rubbish childhood, severe depression for 11 years and 2 suicide attempts, it appears as though I MAY be starting to get the help I so desperately need.

I'm not holding my breath, but...

Everyone has realised how sick and twisted my dad is.
It has finally come to light that he's also a child predator!
He never did anything to me like that, but did emotionally abuse me.

I've got several issues in my life:
Housing problems
Financial problems
No support with mental health
Rubbish family

I'm finally being put in touch with worthwhile organisations that appear to be helping me.

One organisation is helping me to find a career. I mean a career, not just a part-time job at McDonald's.
They have said they'll pay for ANY training I need. No, not just rubbish courses, they said if I want to do another degree they would fund it!

Another is helping me to find a place to live, and has said they'll pay for the deposit and first month rent.

If I'm lucky, things could be looking up.
Not holding my breath, but hoping...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655, shush, ocd is bad and 8 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
This is great. It must feel so, so good to be validated and to have others finally see the truth. It makes a world of difference.

I'm glad you have people who are willing to genuinely help you out. I hope things keep looking up for you :heart::heart: You truly deserve a fulfilling and happy life.

Reactions: shush, ocd is bad and BipolarGuy
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
This is great. It must feel so, so good to be validated and to have others finally see the truth. It makes a world of difference.

I'm glad you have people who are willing to genuinely help you out. I hope things keep looking up for you :heart::heart: You truly deserve a fulfilling and happy life.
Yes there are people who have always known that my dad is a weird one, but he has an unusual charm about him that draws people in.

I honestly think he has narcissistic tendencies, and possibly even sociopathic tendencies.

You wouldn't believe how much my life has fallen apart over the last 11 years;
11 years ago I was considering where to do a PhD. Now I'm unemployed, facing homelessness!
Unbelievable.

But, possibly in contact with helpful people now.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Yes there are people who have always known that my dad is a weird one, but he has an unusual charm about him that draws people in.

I honestly think he has narcissistic tendencies, and possibly even sociopathic tendencies.

You wouldn't believe how much my life has fallen apart over the last 11 years;
11 years ago I was considering where to do a PhD. Now I'm unemployed, facing homelessness!
Unbelievable.

But, possibly in contact with helpful people now.
My grandfather is an abuser and a sexual predator. He is the same way as your dad. It makes me very suspicious of people who "draw people in". Ha...

I really hope these organizations can help. You've been struggling for so long.

Reactions: BipolarGuy
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Hey BipolarGuy that's amazing. Who are these mystery benefactors who are offering to help you get a new career - that's exactly what I need, am in a very similar boat to you.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Hey BipolarGuy that's amazing. Who are these mystery benefactors who are offering to help you get a new career - that's exactly what I need, am in a very similar boat to you.
Feel free to pm me.
Are you in the UK?

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i'm glad people are finally seeing your dad for what he is. and not only that, but also that you're getting some form of support. i know you said you weren't keeping your hopes up too high, but i hope this does help you.

WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
This is lovely news!!! I hope things get better and better for you!

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I am thanks. I've only just had my account approved this evening, as soon as I can PM I'll give you a shout.

Cheers!
Yes please do feel free :)
I'm new on this site too.

Reactions: TheQ22
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
In a very similar situation so incredibly curious how you got such awesome help. Happy for you though, must feel like such a weight lifted.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
In a very similar situation so incredibly curious how you got such awesome help. Happy for you though, must feel like such a weight lifted.
Sorry to hear you're in a similar situation.
It is very difficult when you feel trapped.

Are you in the UK?

Weight hasn't been lifted just yet, but I feel like I'm on that path now, or at least at the beginning of it :)

• Hugs
Reactions: BPD Barbie
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Sorry to hear you're in a similar situation.
It is very difficult when you feel trapped.

Are you in the UK?

Weight hasn't been lifted just yet, but I feel like I'm on that path now, or at least at the beginning of it :)
Being trapped is a horrible feeling and feels like I'm backed into a corner with no options, but seeing stories like this gives me some hope it can change. Yeah I'm in the UK.. Bloody insomnia keeping me awake.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Being trapped is a horrible feeling and feels like I'm backed into a corner with no options, but seeing stories like this gives me some hope it can change. Yeah I'm in the UK.. Bloody insomnia keeping me awake.
Ok well feel free to pm me.
You can tell me a bit about your situation, if you like.

Reactions: BPD Barbie