Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
What are the probabilities of a life suddenly improving if it's been shit throughout most of its duration? My life's been an utter and quite repulsing mess for quite some time now, even before I knew I was depressed.

I am disgusted by it and I don't think shit is ever going to improve. I have nothing to offer to the world I can't compete AT ALL in this job market, I am DONE. There's nothing left for me here. I don't understand what the fuck am I supposed to do with what I have. It's shit! Everything is shit! I'm going to be jobless in less than a month and I've got nothing to offer.

I fucking loathe myself.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Passersby, Busdriver, overcomingfear and 7 others
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
What are the probabilities of a life suddenly improving if it's been shit throughout most of its duration? My life's been an utter and quite repulsing mess for quite some time now, even before I knew I was depressed.

I am disgusted by it and I don't think shit is ever going to improve. I have nothing to offer to the world I can't compete AT ALL in this job market, I am DONE. There's nothing left for me here. I don't understand what the fuck am I supposed to do with what I have. It's shit! Everything is shit! I'm going to be jobless in less than a month and I've got nothing to offer.

I fucking loathe myself.
The bigger picture problem in reality is how this isn't your true opinion but the opinion of your society pushed down your throat.

Reactions: Mustkeyknow, overcomingfear, Sensei and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
What are the probabilities of a life suddenly improving if it's been shit throughout most of its duration?
If your life has been pretty crappy for most of it's duration, probability of a sudden unexpected change improving it is actually rather high, since you're unlikely to lose things you like about your life (due to not liking anything about it), so in an event of sudden change all it brings you is new possibilities. And due to the nature of life, sudden changes happen rather often. So your chances are genuinely pretty good, if you simply analyze it logically.
I can also give you an example from my own experience. My life has been nothing but crap until the age of 18, because it was mostly determined by the family I was born in. With everyone around me going on about how it is the best years of my life that I am going to be nostalgic about later, and about how easy I have it now, I was convinced that the rest of my life must be absolutely awful then. It wasn't the case. My life improved drastically as I got older and it was pretty good for quite a while. So it definitely isn't impossible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mustkeyknow, Sensei, foxdie and 1 other person
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I would take a step back and try to put things in perspective. For me as an external observer, there are still lots of unknowns. What's your age? What's your current job? What have you done in the past? What have been your previous troubles? Basically, what stands in the way of feeling like you can be successful or have a positive life? What are the obstacles, exactly? Understanding the obstacles provides the best change for charting a new course.

Reactions: Mustkeyknow, overcomingfear, foxdie and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I wish I could tell you it would improve but based on my own long awful life it probably won't. Mine should have ended in my early 20s.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Passersby and foxdie
SunnyPotato

SunnyPotato

Aug 31, 2020
I totally relate. I am just hoping maybe covid changes the way people look at the world (ie, not placing all the value in someone's ability to make them money for example) because you are worth more than that (and should be able to live without being "productive" and not lose everything) . If I'm being honest though, it's not looking too good and that hope for a better world at the end of this dark shit is fading fast. I've been sticking around to see what happens, but when every minute is hell, that's a hard thing to do. We're all fucked.

Reactions: overcomingfear and foxdie
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
I totally relate. I am just hoping maybe covid changes the way people look at the world (ie, not placing all the value in someone's ability to make them money for example) because you are worth more than that (and should be able to live without being "productive" and not lose everything) . If I'm being honest though, it's not looking too good and that hope for a better world at the end of this dark shit is fading fast. I've been sticking around to see what happens, but when every minute is hell, that's a hard thing to do. We're all fucked.
Covid isn't going to change humanity. One bit.
You really thought that it would didn't you?

Reactions: mpnf
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I have no reason to wake up in the morning. I don't enjoy anything. Have no social life. Why should I work some shit job that I hate for another 40 years? This is stupid.

Reactions: Busdriver, overcomingfear and foxdie
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I have no reason to wake up in the morning. I don't enjoy anything. Have no social life. Why should I work some shit job that I hate for another 40 years? This is stupid.
Stupid is just the first name.
Damn this life is some dumb &$&T.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020

I fucking loathe myself.

Anything is possible, but what is probable? It's a cruel world out there, I feel pretty low about it too. It's like trying to dig your way out of a hole by digging down. Keep digging or try to climb out of that pit? I'm not sure either.

• Hugs
Reactions: SunnyPotato