Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
So I drive for Uber and Lyft, and recently I decided I wanted to upgrade my car as my prior one was a little crummy. So I sold my old car, and added some cash on top to buy a nicer one a couple of weeks ago as planned. But the new car has proven to be a lemon. I have been going back and forth between the mechanic shop and my apartment (an hour one way) constantly, depleting my savings, and it never seems to end.

To add insult, the car failed its Uber inspection today after almost $2000 in repairs that it needed from the jump. So I still can't earn money with it yet, and I am running out of cash. I have one more $600 repair to complete and then I hope to God it passes inspection and I can finally get out there.

It just feels so backwards to be spending all this money to then go earn it back. I am majorly stressed out as I've poured everything into this vehicle and as of right now I'm still unable to earn with it. I guess it feels like a big mistake to have bought it, even though I do love it. I just wanted a nicer ride for myself and customers but it feels like it backfired.

I know this is a stupid normie rant, but I'm so anxious when I lose my financial cushion, and dealing with all this has me completely frazzled. I'm tired of every little thing I try to do going wrong. I am exhausted and dead, and it's like I've already lost what little mojo I had.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow, rationaltake, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 12 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I've had that happen before 😔 bought a messed up car and it was broke in a short time. Waste of money. I did that many times over unfortunately. Sorry u are goin thru that. Would be better if they supplied the car to drive but whatever u earned is all yours. It would suck driving a piece of junk around if u do that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 9BBN, whywere and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
1) it's off-topic - don't even apologize!
2) it's still relevant - this kind of thing is frustrating! Acting on the idea of taking steps to make what should be a positive change, for both you and others in this case, only to have things be a total pain...this is a huge part of why I have little motivation to attempt any "first-line" life improvement tactics. It's one thing to be miserable when you're not making effort, but to be made miserable directly because your attempt to do something to better your situation backfired? That's a whole other level...

• Love
Reactions: 9BBN, whywere and Angst Filled Fuck Up
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Oh fuck. What a total nightmare. That would be my idea of hell. So sorry you're going through this Angst ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and whywere
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
did you buy from a licensed dealership or off the market? i was always taught that it's best to only buy from dealerships as they have extensive testing for their used cars prior to sale and depending on where you're at also have a 45 day lemon policy. i know it's too late now but in the future i would advise to do the same. it's worth the extra money. sorry that you're in this situation now though. cars are a constant headache

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
First, your post is NOT EVER a stupid rant. You are dealing with money issues and that would stress me out to the heavens.

Like @Rounded Apathy so eloquently said, never apologize ever. We are all family here and I care about you a lot and are so kind and caring yourself that you do not ever worry about something like ranting on here. You deserve the best in life and feel your frustrations.

Back in 1980, Ya a while ago, I bought a used car to get around in college and beside a lemon it drained my money trying to keep it on the road, so I have a sense of your situation.

You are a good friend and part of my family here, since I have no family nor friends, except all the loving souls here, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and my heart.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
You are all so kind, thank you. I've had some issues on SS but at the end of the day it's still the one place I can get things off my chest.

I found it on FB Marketplace, which in hindsight was a bad idea. What can I say, I got suckered in.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, 9BBN, Dead Meat and 2 others