SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
He found them all.
He poured the alcohol down the sink.
He flushed the SN down the toilet.
I'm so mad.
Looks like my only methods now is hanging or jumping.
He reacted better then I expected.
I honestly thought he would be more mad.
He was more mad about the alcohol then the SN.
He knows how suicidal I am.
This is just going to worry him more and I'm feeling so mad, sad and guilty.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Crushed_Innocence, Cevapcici, throwaway_2620 and 15 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry. I gather you've tried to talk to your husband about what's led you to want a way to exit. Does he offer you any forms of help that could make any difference? (((Hugs)))

Reactions: Lostandfound7 and GoodPersonEffed
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
You're dealing with a lot right now. You are entitled to feel as you are feeling. Don't beat yourself up if you can help it, but just try to feel what those emotions are like. Take the time to do that, and maybe after that revisit if you still want to CTB and how you would do it.

Thinking about methods right now is probably going to lead to riskier decisions than if you were in a different state.

Reactions: Lostandfound7
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I'm sorry. I had a similar experience last week and now I'm the suicidal guy of the family. My parents don't want to leave me alone at home. It sucks. I'm worse than before my SN had been found.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that, especially losing the SN, as that is your instrument/tool to peace. It sucks to be in a shitty situation and thinking about CTB'ing, but even worse to have your means of escape cut off. I fear the same way about my methods too, which is why I had to store my firearm away from my parents' home and then somehow find a way to get it into my bedroom undetected (and stay hidden until my time has come). Even I struggle with finding a way to prevent losing my escape.

As far as other methods, such as hanging and jumping, hanging could be done either partial or full suspension so I would research on which one suits you more. As far as jumping, you would need to find a suitable place that is secluded (to prevent bystanders and goody-two shoes Samaritans trying to save you) and also that it is high enough (even higher if it is a body of water as water breaks the fall, leading to a higher chance of failing the attempt) to jump from. Anyways, if you choose another method in the future or whatever you do, I hope you find peace.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I am so sorry to hear that. But what was his issue with the alcohol? I can understand the SN, but why did the alcohol have to go?

SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
I'm sorry. I gather you've tried to talk to your husband about what's led you to want a way to exit. Does he offer you any forms of help that could make any difference? (((Hugs)))

Yeah he does help but I still feel like I need to CTB
I am so sorry to hear that. But what was his issue with the alcohol? I can understand the SN, but why did the alcohol have to go?
I'm an alcoholic and he tries to stop me from drinking its very frustrating

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
What is it with husbands and finding SN lately? Jokes aside though I'm sorry that happened to you. Robbing you of a peaceful method even when he knows you're suicidal is an extreme move he thought was a helpful solution. Hopefully you can get more without him finding out. Hanging and jumping are both very scary so if it comes to it I hope you have the courage you need if you do attempt either of them.

• Hugs
Reactions: NotWhatIExpected, nitrogen and Egddios
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
He found them all.
I'm so mad.
Not sure your location but I've heard of some people ordering things to be sent to "lockers" owned by a certain well know online marketplace.... So perhaps that could be an option.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
My SN was discovered too. Oh well, it's cheap and easy to repurchase. My mum already knew I am suicidal so it didn't have bad repercussions.

Last edited:
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Yeah he does help but I still feel like I need to CTB

I'm an alcoholic and he tries to stop me from drinking its very frustrating

Ah ok. I love my wine so seeing alcohol get poured out would make me very upset.

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
What is it with husbands and finding SN lately? Jokes aside though I'm sorry that happened to you. Robbing you of a peaceful method even when he knows you're suicidal is an extreme move he thought was a helpful solution. Hopefully you can get more without him finding out. Hanging and jumping are both very scary so if it comes to it I hope you have the courage you need if you do attempt either of them.
Serious question, can husbands and other family members get in trouble if they find out you have SN but don't do anything?

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Serious question, can husbands and other family members get in trouble if they find out you have SN but don't do anything?
Could be seen as assisting suicide which is illegal but they could feign ignorance. It would take some obvious definitive proof and they could just say they thought you were going to use it for something else since it has many uses that aren't related to ctb at all. It's even fertilizer which I found out at the hospital.

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Could be seen as assisting suicide which is illegal but they could feign ignorance. It would take some obvious definitive proof and they could just say they thought you were going to use it for something else since it has many uses that aren't related to ctb at all. It's even fertilizer which I found out at the hospital.
The uncertainty of it is very distressing

I don't know how often the authorities could decide to crack down on it

I'm pretty young (mid-twenties) so idk if they'd make a bigger deal about it

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
The uncertainty of it is very distressing

I don't know how often the authorities could decide to crack down on it

I'm pretty young (mid-twenties) so idk if they'd make a bigger deal about it
It's fertilizer. Unless you or the person in question expressly states that they intended to kill themselves with it or you did and one of you knew there's nothing they can say or do. They'll just assume you thought they were using it for an art project or something.

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
It's fertilizer. Unless you or the person in question expressly states that they intended to kill themselves with it or you did and one of you knew there's nothing they can say or do. They'll just assume you thought they were using it for an art project or something.
What if they knew I plan to use it in case I ever want to kill myself?

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
What if they knew I plan to use it in case I ever want to kill myself?
Well in that case if the police comes poking around I have no idea. If they can prove they knew then they might be in big trouble but otherwise I'm not sure how they would prove it honestly without a confession.

Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Sodium nitrite is a salt used as a food additive and preservative for curing meat. Sodium nitrate is an ingredient sometimes used in fertilizer:

"Sodium nitrate is a colorless, odorless, crystalline compound, sometimes referred to as soda niter, nitrate of soda or Chile saltpeter. It is used for making potassium nitrate, fertilizers, explosives..."

That's strange they told you SN as we know it is fertilizer at the hospital, I wonder if they mixed up the two because of the similar spelling. Either way, I agree it's not something most people know could be used for ctb purposes so it'd be difficult for the police to know because it's not like a stockpile of pills or a gun.

(Don't mean to sound rude, there was a ctb failure a while ago where a user accidentally got nitrate instead of nitrite)

Reactions: MysticPerception
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Well in that case if the police comes poking around I have no idea. If they can prove they knew then they might be in big trouble but otherwise I'm not sure how they would prove it honestly without a confession.
I'm so nervous

I don't want that to happen

But I also probably have no other way out beyond suicide tbh, although it's sort of a question of time

They really should just legalize and make widespread some painless suicide method

I'm more curious about the Debreather because it's A.) Less "frenzied-looking" and messy theoretically and B.) Expressly-made for suicide basically, although there are minor things the makers sometimes say it's useful for if hooked up with oxygen

Idk if it'll come out though or if there will be crackdowns and repercussions on it if it does come out

Edit: I have no idea how strong the survival instinct would kick in and mae you pull off the mask with regard to the Debreather

Last edited:
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Sodium nitrite is a salt used as a food additive and preservative for curing meat. Sodium nitrate is an ingredient sometimes used in fertilizer:

"Sodium nitrate is a colorless, odorless, crystalline compound, sometimes referred to as soda niter, nitrate of soda or Chile saltpeter. It is used for making potassium nitrate, fertilizers, explosives..."

That's strange they told you SN as we know it is fertilizer at the hospital, I wonder if they mixed up the two because of the similar spelling. Either way, I agree it's not something most people know could be used for ctb purposes so it'd be difficult for the police to know because it's not like a stockpile of pills or a gun.

(Don't mean to sound rude, there was a ctb failure a while ago where a user accidentally got nitrate instead of nitrite)
The nurses mixed it up so I'm not surprised if the doctor did as well. I corrected them a few times but gave up after a while.

S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
He found them all.
I'm so mad.
Sorry, but your husband the best, he loves you so much.