graysme

graysme

Aug 31, 2024
I live in a small town in Italy. It makes me feel terrible. And I cannot escape at the moment, because I don't have the money to do so and I also have to finish university degree.

I feel like I burnt my childhood and my best years in this nowhere of a place, where people do drugs or drink just because they are bored and there is nothing to do. People will make you feel dumb just for having a niche interest that is not football or cars. I am so tired. I am so terrified by the thought of not being able to run away. Rent in big cities is just so damn high that I'd burn all my salary basically.

When I was a kid I always fantasized of running away from Italy or my hometown, but now I just feel like I'm not smart/good enough in my job to do so. I am not special. I will disappear in this ghost town like everyone else. I am so terrified.

• Hugs
Reactions: kunikuzushi and disjectamembra
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I feel the same way, or perhaps there's just nothing I would miss here- all my memories have become burdensome or unattainable. I just can't make it happen all by myself, I have no reason to be here.

disjectamembra

disjectamembra

the universe is going to catch you
Oct 1, 2024
i feel you. visiting somewhere else where you feel euphoric and like an actual person and then coming back home hurts like shit. i need to get out

Reactions: kunikuzushi