ItsOverIsntIt

ItsOverIsntIt

Experienced
Sep 9, 2020
Just wanted to share but a while ago I read this book, My heart and other black holes by Jasmine Warga. Its a book about suicide and was the main reason for me finding this place.

SPOILERS FOR BOOK ENDING BELOW
I thought the book was interesting but in some ways it was also predictable.
Of course the two main characters live in a stupid book about suicide. They "find the reason to live" or whatever bullshit excuse came to them. I was kinda annoyed because in some ways the book felt like I could relate to it but on the other hand I was annoyed at the ending. Like I liked the characters but I knew the author wasnt going to let them die. The ending where Aysel stops Roman from committing suicide was annoying because they were suicide partners and were supposed to kill themselves together and it just felt manufactured at points. Overall the recovery ending was stupid but I liked the parts where Aysel was going through some bad times because i could relate to that

Also does anyone else know any other suicide books i could read?
I know What made Maddy run by Kate Fagan is supposed to be good but I haven't read it yet

Reactions: greyblue_bian
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
Yea i want to read something in which the characters finally die , so that i can relate LOL

Reactions: ItsOverIsntIt