PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I'm planning on SN but want hanging as a Plan B, or may combine SN and hanging to make sure I succeed. (Drink SN and then just before I pass out slip the knot around my neck.)

I wanted to share the setup to help others. I got a stud finder but couldn't find any strong place to drill in the eyebolts. This would have helped me with full suspension as I have fairly high ceilings. Instead, I used a resistance band door anchor on my bathroom door. These are heavy duty and meant to withstand a high amount of force. I also added some wood shims. As you see, there is a gap at the bottom of the door. The shims will reduce stress on the door hinges so the door doesn't break off. I got the anchor on Amazon for $5 and the shims at a hardware store for $8. The rope was $20.

When the time comes I will tie off the end of the rope (in the pic it's hanging loose). Also, if I can get the loop high up I think I can almost do full suspension, but more likely, I'll do partial. i have some slippers my sister knitted, they are kind of slick on the flooring, so I'm hoping if SI kicks in and I try to stand, I'll slip.

Any thoughts on this setup?

View attachment 9FB4495D-B48A-4D42-A1BE-E83925652A6C.jpeg

Reactions: Salt and endergames