sfdwx

sfdwx

hanging
Jan 19, 2022
My grandfather died on Jan 28 at age 90. He was very sick before death
I don`t know if I should feel happy or sad for his death. I just think he relieves from the pain.
He treated me very well when I was young. I`ll remember him forever!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Manaaja, Deleted member 8975, Sanva and 4 others
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I definitely understand that weird feeling after someone dies, kind of a mix of being sad because you miss them so much, and being relieved for them because they're no longer suffering. There's no real "right" or "wrong" way to feel; everyone processes things differently.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm glad that you have such fond memories of him to look back on and hold onto. :hug:

Reactions: sfdwx and Death is beautiful
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm sorry for your lost, seems like I suffered a bit before going, Hope he is a peace now. My nana is 89, we are very close, I'm so afraid to lose her. She is my best friend at the moment and I'm hers, A big hug to you, if you need to talk I'm here for you. A big hug.

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I am glad he found relief from his pain, but am sorry he was in pain and am sorry for your loss. Imo you can feel happy and sad in those two ways without them contradicting each other.

Rest in peace sfdwx's grandfather.

Reactions: sfdwx
Sanva

Sanva

:/
Dec 10, 2021
I'm sorry for your loss. I don't really believe in an afterlife or anything like that, but I think the energy of the people who loved us might stay with us after they die. Often, when I feel really sad, when I sleep I feel my grandpa's presence in my dream, there's this light and I know it's him and I feel comforted and calm. It might just be my subconscious mind doing this but I found this very comforting after my grandpa died. The death of a loved one is still always a difficult experience. Take your time to grieve and don't be hard on yourself. Whatever you feel is valid.

Reactions: sfdwx
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It can be very sad losing someone but at least all those who are gone are free from their pain and they are at peace. At least you have some good memories. I wish you the best.

Reactions: TerminalConscience