RainLover

RainLover

Just another one
Aug 9, 2023
So basically I fucked up big time and so they know I'm on here, they don't know my account tho, but they all keep giving the same shit advice of leaving the site because "it encourages others to commit suicide, it's said on wikipedia", I tried to explain that this is a support group to a lot of people and that people choose what to do individually, but they don't seem to give a fuck and kept on going on how I should leave, which only lead to me having an anxiety attack. And they don't even know it...

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Madao, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 4 others
C

canGrew

Sep 9, 2023
I feel you, I am being constantly monitored and am afraid my friends will find out that I'm on here, one of my friends suspect that I'm trying to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: I8meself and ChronicallyCynical
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
Maybe just lie to them and say you left the site, but stay anyways?

Reactions: Madao and Dayrain
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Tell them you left the site and simply don't surf the site when you are out with your friends and try to avoid any topics about CTB and the like with your friends.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and snowlance
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Aww, what a bummer. They're never going to get that what we really believe in is just the right to choose for ourselves. I'm as happy for a member who rediscovers a reason and meaning to life as I understand the relief a member experiences when they manage to ctb. All I can suggest is just keep your head down as best you can when around them.

MulherSatanás

MulherSatanás

Born Ugly
Sep 10, 2023
I'm going through the same thing, and now I'm pretending like I stopped coming here. I created my account yesterday, but I've been coming here for a while as a guest.

strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
I actually feel so lucky cause I have irl friends that are also on the site so we can relate & talk abt it. Well even send posts to each other that either of us finds interesting.

RainLover

RainLover

Just another one
Aug 9, 2023
Maybe just lie to them and say you left the site, but stay anyways?
Yeah probably what I'm gonna do, thank you anyways
Aww, what a bummer. They're never going to get that what we really believe in is just the right to choose for ourselves. I'm as happy for a member who rediscovers a reason and meaning to life as I understand the relief a member experiences when they manage to ctb. All I can suggest is just keep your head down as best you can when around them.
Exactly, they don't even want to hear things when I try to convince them it's not encouraging others
Exactly, they don't even want to hear things when I try to convince them it's not encouraging others

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I have actually had my siblings figure out I'm here and tell me I should leave and shit because they saw tentacrul's video. They looked through my phone without my knowledge and confronted me about what I'm doing here. I told them what you told your friends: its a support group and whatnot but still carried on yelling at me, not letting me speak. After that conversation I smashed my head against the wall until it bruised a lot and took 3 bottles of ibuprofen because they made me feel violated.

I understand your situation because of that.. sorry they figured out about how you're on here.

• Hugs
Reactions: SexyIncél
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If you see this site as beneficial and want to use it then that's your decision, those people really shouldn't have any right to tell you what to do and should just mind their own business, those people just sound so insensitive to me. I personally cannot stand those who are against the right to die.

ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
Honestly, if they don't want to even hear you out, it might be a good time to take a little break from the friendship. Because a lack of respect or willingness of the other side to listen, can turn any relationship toxic. Doesn't mean you can't hang around with folks irl, or that you should take a break - it's ultimately a choice for you to make -, you absolutely should... it's not healthy staying in one bubble all the time (that's for the extremists)...

... But consider thinking about your own rights and dignity. They shouldn't be invalidating you based on something they read off of Wikipedia. Teachers don't even allow students to use Wikipedia as a source, so, like, tf? Admittedly, I'd be so tempted to tell them to grow tf up, or open their eyes, but they aren't my friends and this would probably just burn a bridge down way too fast. So being that I assume you want to keep it, maybe don't do that.

I also don't think you should lie.

Transparency is important in a friendship. Now that they know, you'd be actively lying and not just lying by omission. In as much as they have a biased and uninformed view of things, I'm not sure they deserve to be lied to. If you can't trust them to let you go on a support site, maybe it's time to move on. Or maybe you could give them space and then talk it through. But again, that's just my take on things.

Besides, this forum isn't all about suicide. Sure, one of the perks is that we can talk - without judgment from the forum (for the most part) - about suicidal thoughts and ideas, about the sort of pains we don't talk about with others off the site. Not just because we don't trust them not to judge us, but because trauma dumping on people can seriously cause them distress too. Because they might not be able to handle it -- and that's understandable. Because we don't want to drag them down to our mentality, even if it's a valid one, because it's so hard to heal from, even with support. Because we're not here because life is full of roses, and we're just concerned for a friend, we're here because life messed with us enough for us to truly be considering ctb. That doesn't mean we 100% will, and that doesn't mean they'll 100% lose us, (it might, but it's not a certainty, I mean, some even made a turn for the better and left because of that) but maybe there are just some parts of our life we don't need to involve those irl in... and that should be okay to do.

Plus, we also got a counting topic, a recovery section, a cat topic, a fox topic, and even a gosh-darn anime topic. Anything you could think of plus a place to comfortably vent. We really aren't this depressive death cult that drives every single person to suicide. We just don't judge people for using it as an escape option.

I dunno, I feel your friends could stand to take a good long look at themselves and think whether they should trust a single Wikipedia article about a whole community of people on a site that can be accessed through Google in most places, even without using a VPN, or searching it up by the exact name. I mean "Sorrow Solutions" seems to work well enough, thanks, Tantacruel. Yeah, we got our bad apples -- but so does Twitter (I wonder, do your friends use Twitter or other social media sites? If so, tell them they should sign off, because it's a toxic breeding ground encouraging people to ctb.).

And yeah, it can be very persuasive, even a single article, especially about something as ... terminal... and divisive... as suicide. But...

... we're not necessarily pro-suicide. We're just not against it. We're not of the mentality that "everyone should commit suicide, and no one should be alive" in the same vein that pro-lifers imply that "everyone must live no matter the cost or the suffering and to die, to abort, to quit life is, like, the absolute worst thing, evah!" We seem extreme because their "normal" is on the opposite extreme. We seem weird because life and positivity at all cost has been made the new normal. We seem wrong, because every individual wants to view themselves as the ones in the right, and some happen to hang onto that more stubbornly than others. Plus, we also seem to make up a minority, so that doesn't help.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

Why do you feel like you owe friends who don't listen to you why you are on the site an explanation, if they think that this is a website that solely exists to encourage people to take their lives then you won't change their minds about it. Just tell them you left the site

Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
So basically I fucked up big time and so they know I'm on here, they don't know my account tho, but they all keep giving the same shit advice of leaving the site because "it encourages others to commit suicide, it's said on wikipedia", I tried to explain that this is a support group to a lot of people and that people choose what to do individually, but they don't seem to give a fuck and kept on going on how I should leave, which only lead to me having an anxiety attack. And they don't even know it...
It's very hard to explain pro lifers things like that..
Btw now they most likely know your username 😅

RainLover

RainLover

Just another one
Aug 9, 2023
It's very hard to explain pro lifers things like that..
Btw now they most likely know your username 😅
Luckily no, they just saw the app on my phone, but don't know the username, and I didn't use this username or a similar one in any site, so I think I'm safe

Reactions: SVEN