ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
I think my best friend ended our friendship through ghosting and I want to cry and throw myself in front of train tracks metaphorically because this town has like 0 trains. I struggle badly to make friends and Im so...lost.

I feel all kinds of wretched. The only other thing I can think about doing is getting black out drunk or high and just lying in misery.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, anhedonicNfoggy, AerialBoundaries and 1 other person
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Been there. Been ghosted.

I see it as a reflection of them, instead of me. Too much of a coward to tell me straight up, so they take the easy road. I could've went out of my way to contact them again, but I didn't. I won't chase after anybody, whether it be a friend, or anything else.

It does sting, but it went away with time. I lost 2 separate 10+ year friendships within a month.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and anhedonicNfoggy
Vladislav Reznikov

Vladislav Reznikov

I wish the nukes would come already!
Aug 16, 2023
Fuck em if they ghosted you then they are a coward

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
I do understand though. I don't feel like she did it maliciously. I feel like I'm the toxic one. I'm not an easy person to deal with and I just...it's hard when all your remaining friends know you have obsessions, hallucinations and delusions to not feel like they all agree "it's you that's the problem."

I tried so hard to pretend they weren't effecting me anymore in the last few months for my friend's sake and tried to be the emotionally aware one and I feel like it's like a homework assignment I failed. Like after all the studying and googling and trying to get it on my own, I submit it to get an F and feel lost because I thought I understood. I thought I was addressing any problems in our friendship and doing my best to be good.