Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
The US is a toxic shithole. It's the perfect breeding ground for all kinds of mental illness. The culture is disgusting. The entertainment available is trash. Politicians can't even give people $2000 despite giving millions to garbage tier countries who are unappreciative of the aid given. The Healthcare is stupidly expensive and out of reach for many people. Obamacare was and is embarrassingly pathetic as a solution.

The country isn't even a country but many enclaves of separate ethnic groups who only care about themselves. It's just tribalism, which is why multiculturalism doesn't work in practice. It only works in those artistically deficient drawings that show a member of every ethnic group holding hands below a shining sun.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, lost_soul83, Good4Nothing and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I honestly don't know where I could go that would be that much better. I could technically claim Taiwanese citizenship by birthright if I do a couple months of military service (which is pretty loosely defined there, some people even worked in an office). Living there would suck in a few ways though even though I could technically live in the capital city without being fluent in Mandarin, I'd probably still get homesick about random things. For one, they don't have some of my favorite foods like Hawaiian Poké or any good Mexican/Italian food. YouTube Premium's background playing feature doesn't even work there so I'd have to cancel that subscription too.

On top of all that a lot of the problems I have with the way the US is run also exist in Taiwan just on a much smaller scale. They already have free healthcare though its effects are already starting to take their toll on the whole country's medical system. I fear the same could happen on a worse scale in the US if I stayed though.

Anyway I can't think of any other countries I'd want to live in either because no matter what there's probably small things I'd miss about my home country that I can't enjoy anywhere else so if anything, leaving the country would probably make me more likely to want to CTB.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, AutoTap and Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I honestly don't know where I could go that would be that much better. I could technically claim Taiwanese citizenship by birthright if I do a couple months of military service (which is pretty loosely defined there, some people even worked in an office). Living there would suck in a few ways though even though I could technically live in the capital city without being fluent in Mandarin, I'd probably still get homesick about random things. For one, they don't have some of my favorite foods like Hawaiian Poké or any good Mexican/Italian food. YouTube Premium's background playing feature doesn't even work there so I'd have to cancel that subscription too.

On top of all that a lot of the problems I have with the way the US is run also exist in Taiwan just on a much smaller scale. They already have free healthcare though its effects are already starting to take their toll on the whole country's medical system. I fear the same could happen on a worse scale in the US if I stayed though.

Anyway I can't think of any other countries I'd want to live in either because no matter what there's probably small things I'd miss about my home country that I can't enjoy anywhere else so if anything, leaving the country would probably make me more likely to want to CTB.
The main problem is America exports its poison to other nations. Soon there will be no escape. Globalism erases culture and works toward homogeneity. The world will become a strip mall with a McDonald's on every other corner.

Reactions: Sensei, Fragile, AutoTap and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The main problem is America exports its poison to other nations. Soon there will be no escape. Globalism erases culture and works toward homogeneity. The world will become a strip mall with a McDonald's on every other corner.
Pretty much, nowhere is safe then not even Mars or the moon...

Reactions: Fragile
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Pretty much, nowhere is safe then not even Mars or the moon...
I hope we never go to the stars. Humanity needs to die on this rock. People like to think humans were once perfect but then sin entered somehow when in reality, humans have always been defective.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bigpink, Good4Nothing, Wrennie and 4 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
If my body were a country I'd emigrate elsewhere. Unfortunately my problems are rooted in my vessel and thus will follow me wherever I attempt to escape to.

But to mirror your point: America is a cancerous blight posing as a first-world country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kramer and Good4Nothing
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
My question is why people flee for this place? There is so many better places to live than here.

Reactions: confused-gemini, Kramer and Good4Nothing
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I'd still be me no matter where I go.
So, yes, I would probably still be at the bus stop.

• Hugs
Reactions: 140 bpm, Kramer and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do in life. I highly doubt it would have any sort of positive impact on my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, foxdie, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
They fall for the propaganda that this country is paradise. Poor suckers

Not apologizing for anything but there are actually worse place than the US. Honestly I wouldn't move anywhere, this came up a few months ago in discussions (some in-laws live outside the US). Ya the culture is crap and the last few years have seen tribalism run amok and foreign policy is always BS regardless of politician. But there are some things I wouldn't trade for. Maybe one day I'll move out west to some remote land. There's potential but it's squandered and I don't know if it can be changed. In my off days where I'm "normal" I sometimes think of something that would be good to have in place or done differently, but then I hear the news and start singing the Plankton song.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573
confused-gemini

confused-gemini

Jan 7, 2021
I love this thread because I've been thinking so much lately about how much the US fucking sucks idk how people are proud to be from this hellhole! If I lived in county that had free health care I probably wouldn't cbt because I'd be able to get help or meds I can't here because even though I have insurance my insurance doesn't cover a psychiatrist or psychologist ‍

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I love this thread because I've been thinking so much lately about how much the US fucking sucks idk how people are proud to be from this hellhole! If I lived in county that had free health care I probably wouldn't cbt because I'd be able to get help or meds I can't here because even though I have insurance my insurance doesn't cover a psychiatrist or psychologist ‍
Those are the kind of things that shouldn't be that hard to fix but it's made as ass backwards as possible. I remember the old days of good plans having 20 visits/year, so hopefully a person gets straightened out quick.

Horrors Lazuli

Horrors Lazuli

Oct 12, 2019
If I were anywhere else other than America I probably wouldn't have unlimited access to money and credit to satisfy my increasingly pathetic "needs." But my problems won't change with geography because they're both physical and mental.