neverwashere

neverwashere

Self sabotaging to cope with it all
Apr 25, 2023
I took my favorite hoodie out of the dryer today, only to find ugly reddish-pink mold stains all over it. This is because it was wet in my laundry basket for a few days before I washed it. I'm pretty upset about this, because the print this hoodie had isn't being made anymore (i checked everywhere) and because the print was ponyo which has been my comfort movie forever. I didn't notice the mold when I moved it from the hamper to the washer or when I moved it from the washer to the dryer.
But there's a silver lining-- I checked my other clothes for mold and couldn't find any, meaning the only ruined piece of clothing is the hoodie.

I am a little worried that there are spores in the clothes that'll eventually grow mold but that (hopefully) isn't likely since everything has been through the wash

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
I can imagine how much this sucks! I treasure my favorite clothing

neverwashere

neverwashere

Apr 25, 2023
I can imagine how much this sucks! I treasure my favorite clothing
yeah, from now on i'm gonna be much more careful with my clothes

but hey, i guess i can always have a new favorite hoodie? lol

A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
If you really want to try hard maybe try finding the design that was on the hoodie and have another custom printed? Or you could take a photo of the hoodie and try to edit the design off that. I'm not too good at that stuff though.

movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
yeah, from now on i'm gonna be much more careful with my clothes

but hey, i guess i can always have a new favorite hoodie? lol
It's an excuse to shop, which might be fun

• Love
Reactions: tiger b and neverwashere
neverwashere

neverwashere

Apr 25, 2023
If you really want to try hard maybe try finding the design that was on the hoodie and have another custom printed? Or you could take a photo of the hoodie and try to edit the design off that. I'm not too good at that stuff though.
rahhh maybe, but that's expensive and I'm broke as hell
It's an excuse to shop, which might be fun
true!!! i'm going thrifting with some friends on Wednesday, hopefully i'll find something I like then

Reactions: movinout17
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Wash it well and try to dry it outdoors if possible. Remember that mould flourishes in damp, warm, dark environments. So try to make the environment as inhospitable as possible for mould.
Put it in a plastic bag and put that in the freezer for a week. After you retrieve it, be sure to dry it thoroughly.
People don't have airing cupboards in their homes these days. Until recently most modern homes had a large, copper water tank that served the whole property with hot water. The tank (often hidden beneath a thick insulating coat) was in the "airing cupboard". So called because it remained at an ambient temperature lower than anything an oven could sustain, but much warmer than the living space.
It was the perfect place to keep towels, certain clothes and to prove dough for baking bread.