bitofftoomuch

bitofftoomuch

hold onto those who accept your messy self
Jul 1, 2024
days 1-3: ride amtrak rail from NYC to San Diego and blow off work (I will likely be fired on the spot for this)
days 3-16: stay in San Diego. mostly chill out. play with sex toys, chill to music, catch up on any and all TV/Movies I didn't get around to. maybe hit up beaches if they're open.

I probably take SN the night of day 15, but have the place booked for the next day. Really just depends how many nights I can afford; I'll do SN on the last night. I really hope I can do 2 weeks because I want to have some time to enjoy myself.

I intend to pack: 2 weeks' worth of clothes/toiletries (already have), my SN (already have), anti-vom+ anti anxiety meds (need to get), and 3 handles of tito's vodka (need to buy). i'm not worried about bringing booze on the train, before you ask lol. i've done it many times before.

I haven't decided how to handle food yet. I will probably pack trail mix/snacks and order takeout unless I need to save the money. I intend to eat well and enjoy myself (before obvi stopping for the sn regimen).

My reasoning for my choice of location is (1) It's cold and Cali is the warm weather destination that is lgbt-friendly in the USA (2) if I fail, at least I'll be in a state with a stronger welfare system. Not that either particularly matters but ya know... I just want to feel safe during my last days on this planet, as ironic as that sounds. Oh and I guess (3) it's an excuse to sleep on a train which I haven't done in over 10 years and want badly to do so.

can i do all this for less than $8,000? If not, what should I change? I also appreciate any tips on how to relax myself before taking the SN as I'm still, if I'm being fully honest, pretty nervous. (I hope I can acquire anti-anxiety meds because I'm skeptical booze alone will loosen me up enough.)

Reactions: StrangeAndDeath
willow115

willow115

Oct 9, 2024
My trips to San Diego last year made me not want to die for a bit. I'm a nervous, agoraphobic wreck and everyone was so nice. I had a desire to feel safe too and the people delivered. I heard from a couple locals the friendliness is fake, but it still makes you feel warm in the moment. I also heard a couple homeless people talking about the cash benefits they give out each month. I would look further into the plan b possibility if you do go. You might want to stay around awhile. I ended up moving to the West Coast because of my experience.

I stayed 18 days for much less than 8k.

Reactions: StrangeAndDeath
daisyrandone

daisyrandone

too many names
Sep 12, 2023
i live in california and wouldn't have had it any other way. i've stayed in san diego several times. great place, hope you'll be able to say the same.
you made a good choice choosing it and i wish you as comfortable of a stay as possible, just really enjoy yourself while you're there.

Reactions: willow115