N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I talked with my mom today. And she left some disgusting remarks on mentally ill people. This is not the first time this happened. She called them psychos and she talked like she would have been disgusted by them. She talked very badly about a man solely for the fact he has no training and lived in the past on the street. My family often looks down at poor people. But they are too stupid and ignorant to recognize that we will belong to them in some years. I mean how can one have so many negative stereotypes about mentally ill people when your kids are going through it too? I would like to ask them. Would you be happy when someone said the same thing about me or my sister. However logical reasoning never was helpful when talking with my family.

My dad talks also badly about other vulnerable groups. Some of them are minorities. He blames them for the whole misery of my family. I once told him in his face he should rather think about his own responsibility than to point the finger at someone else. He cried afterwards because I know how to hit him the right way. Though I felt pity for him. He remembered it some weeks and felt bad. Now he completely has forgotten it and the "ignorance cycle" repeats.

As you see my family consists completely of morons. And the whole situation is completely hopeless.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop, freedompass, heavyeyes and 5 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Sorry you have to go through that 🤗

Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
I think people naturally assume that everyone else has the same headspace as them, so when they see people down on their luck, they think that if they were that mentally-ill person, they would undoubtedly improve themself. I prescribe to the idea that the world is 100x more complex than people make it out to be.

• Informative
Reactions: outatime_85, CandyCane and Venus13
PArazi

PArazi

Student
Aug 27, 2022
It's not about your family, it's about human nature. In my opinion you did a great summary on this issue. People are doing this all the time. To a greater or lesser degree. Sorry for those who think I'm pessimistic.

Reactions: Dead Ghost
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
As you see my family consists completely of morons. And the whole situation is completely hopeless.
I can feel you totally.
My family is a fucking joke,i can't belive i "belong" to them.
There was definitely a mistake,but it doesn't matter anymore...my suicide will not change nothing neither about their stupid opinions...but i don't care anymore,i stopped trying to "change" them and help them understand...they simply don't want it,neither they care about their own daughter...
I'm just looking for my freedom with my death

• Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85
C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021
I talked with my mom today. And she left some disgusting remarks on mentally ill people. This is not the first time this happened. She called them psychos and she talked like she would have been disgusted by them. She talked very badly about a man solely for the fact he has no training and lived in the past on the street. My family often looks down at poor people. But they are too stupid and ignorant to recognize that we will belong to them in some years. I mean how can one have so many negative stereotypes about mentally ill people when your kids are going through it too? I would like to ask them. Would you be happy when someone said the same thing about me or my sister. However logical reasoning never was helpful when talking with my family.

My dad talks also badly about other vulnerable groups. Some of them are minorities. He blames them for the whole misery of my family. I once told him in his face he should rather think about his own responsibility than to point the finger at someone else. He cried afterwards because I know how to hit him the right way. Though I felt pity for him. He remembered it some weeks and felt bad. Now he completely has forgotten it and the "ignorance cycle" repeats.

Everyone's family is imperfect. The fact that you can identify their faults and shortcomings means they raised you right.

I have a similar experience. My parents literally became nihilists within the past few years. Doom and gloom and we are all going to die. Everyone's evil. Conspiracies that make no sense. I have trouble even living with them. So much negativity and anxiety. Disdain towards the world as a whole.

I think people become less perfect as they age. Times are changing so quickly that only the young and impressionable are fit to survive and adapt to it all. Instead of growing old and wise, older generations can not adapt to social media, the internet, etc, and they becomes tribalist. They become scared and angry and unhappy.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Everyone's family is imperfect. The fact that you can identify their faults and shortcomings means they raised you right.
I don't think anyone is talking about perfection here, how about just 'non abusive'? And your second sentence isn't necessarily true. Many of us are able to learn to think critically despite having had virtually no help or guidance from parents whatsoever.

I hear you on moron parents @noname. My dad was frankly racist. Thank god he died in 2003. My mum is educated enough to know 'racism is wrong' (she's actually a trained teacher!) but that doesn't stop her from frequently displaying an astonishing level of ignorance of other cultures and ethnicities.

Re mental health, well neither of them ever acknowledged I had mental health problems despite my 20 some hospital admissions. Neither bothered doing any research. I saw other people's parents who did support them and accept they had a problem at least but honestly…I think they were the exception that proves the rule. It is far more likely that the parents become estranged, scapegoat and blame the child or weren't there for them to begin with. Denial is extremely common too.

After chatting back and forth on WhatsApp with the brother I barely know despite having grown up together I realise he is very much carrying on their legacy.

At this point finally understanding what ignorant morons my immediate family were/are I no longer care what they think and give myself credit for not succumbing to ignorance, prejudice and bigotry the way they did.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022

You are not the only one to suffer with moronic family members. Trust and believe when I tell you this!😋