E

ElderlyJackson32

Jul 22, 2019
My family all came to the house in staying at to sit around and tell me how they can't live without me. They want people to call me that have had similar experiences. They're crying they're upset and I feel extremely guilty. Help is the last thing I want I just want to die, they want to send me somewhere but I refuse to go. They have jobs for me they are trying to help and do what they can but they have no idea what's going on in my head. All I want is to die. How do you guys feel about this
I'm am at the point in my life where' I'm suffering a ton and the future is going to be even worse. No one understands what I'm going through

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, AngelGirl, nw7 and 4 others
M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
That's tough. All I can say is I know what it's like to have people that care about you thousands of times more than you care about yourself. I'm in a similar situation. I'm doing what they ask—seeing a therapist again, all that, so hopefully if (when) I do it they will at least see that I tried one last time for them out of love.

Maybe you can compromise with them and tell them you'll see a therapist and psychiatrist? I totally understand not wanting to go to a psych ward as those places are totally unpredictable and can often make the situation much much worse.

Reactions: Circles and ElderlyJackson32
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
My family all came to the house in staying at to sit around and tell me how they can't live without me. They want people to call me that have had similar experiences. They're crying they're upset and I feel extremely guilty. Help is the last thing I want I just want to die, they want to send me somewhere but I refuse to go. They have jobs for me they are trying to help and do what they can but they have no idea what's going on in my head. All I want is to die. How do you guys feel about this
I'm am at the point in my life where' I'm suffering a ton and the future is going to be even worse. No one understands what I'm going through

Can I ask what your situation is? Physical or mental illnesses?

Reactions: Circles
E

ElderlyJackson32

Jul 22, 2019
Can I ask what your situation is? Physical or mental illnesses?
I've suffered from both my entire life
That's tough. All I can say is I know what it's like to have people that care about you thousands of times more than you care about yourself. I'm in a similar situation. I'm doing what they ask—seeing a therapist again, all that, so hopefully if (when) I do it they will at least see that I tried one last time for them out of love.

Maybe you can compromise with them and tell them you'll see a therapist and psychiatrist? I totally understand not wanting to go to a psych ward as those places are totally unpredictable and can often make the situation much much worse.
I've been to wards jails etc I've been to it all. I have to volunteer to go no one can force me, it's a matter of the struggle I'm causing them

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Circles and Mbound
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
The frustrting thing about this sort of deal is they BELIEVE they are doing it for you. They care and that's better than not having anyone who cares, but they cannot acknowledge that most of this is about THEM. They ask you to live every second in your own body in pain so they don't feel hurt by your loss. People are strongly unwilling to consider that someone's quality of life can be so poor its living torture and need to believe its all just perspective. Admitting they want you to stay mostly for their own feelings and benefits makes people face things about themselves and their own fears they don't want to. They fear being in your shoes and need to believe they could manage. They fear facing their own selfishness. Fear is the root.

Last edited:
Reactions: nw7, AutumnEmbers, Circles and 2 others
E

ElderlyJackson32

Jul 22, 2019
The frustrting thing about this sort of deal is they BELIEVE they are doing it for you. They care and that's better than not having anyone who cares, but they cannot acknowledge that most of this is about THEM. They ask you to live every second in your own body in pain so they don't feel hurt by your loss. People are strongly unwilling to consider that someone's quality of life can be so poor its living torture and need to believe its all just perspective. Admitting they want you to stay mostly for their own feelings and benefits makes people face things about themselves and their own fears they don't want to. They fear being in your shoes and need to believe they could manage. They fear facing their own selfishness. Fear is the root.
That is exactly how I feel and I appreciate you can understand that. But I also care about them a ton. I don't want to cause them any pain, but I will die soon, I wish there was a way,to keep them going afterwards. I don't want to destroy them

Reactions: Circles and oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
hat is exactly how I feel and I appreciate you can understand that. But I also care about them a ton. I don't want to cause them any pain, but I will die soon, I wish there was a way,to keep them going afterwards. I don't want to destroy them

It really is an impossible situation. Good people care about those who care about them...and heap more and more pain on themselves trying to live for, and not hurt those people. It becomes harder and harder and life and aging do their dirty deeds to us on top of that, and you can just hope you can reach a natural death before your legs give out...and even then people still hurt and suffer loss. Only the ones who got to die before you are spared that. There is no answer sadly. People aren't going to change and become less egostistical...and those of us suffering aren't going to magically be able to endure pain forever.

Reactions: ElderlyJackson32, Circles and Mbound