gardenofaphrodite

gardenofaphrodite

Can’t catch a break no matter what I do.
Apr 12, 2023
I had shrooms for the first time a few months ago, & I don't consider them a drug, I put them under the same umbrella as weed or kratom. Natural things we can take ya know- Anyway, I want to take them again. I feel like it helped me really think about my life in a not-so emotional way, I could think about it all without self-loathing or wanting to die. I'm not saying it will help me not want to CTB or to help me decide- I think it was just a good way to look at everything in a different perspective.

I want to take it by myself the next time though, I don't think I need a 'trip sitter' or someone with me also high. I think I just need to let myself sit & think about my life & what I should do. I also can't lie & say it's only for that reason. I enjoyed the feeling. I smoke weed already semi-regularly (I take frequent breaks/I don't smoke heavily or very often) but I've been tempted to start micro-dosing shrooms just to chill out better. I smoke weed to help with my insomnia & just overall if I'm struggling with really bad anxiety- but I feel like it's not as deep of a high in terms of shutting off my anxiety- but I've only had shrooms once, so I can't judge that feeling completely, & it's been awhile so I don't completely remember the feeling. I do remember the calmness though, my brain being able to think more clearly, & when I slept, it was one of the best nights of sleep I've ever had. No night terrors, no panic attack, no insomnia- it was amazing- & I wasn't drowsy the next morning.

TL;DR ⬆️ I like shrooms but have only had 1x experience with them.

———————————

Questions ⬇️

Now I'm curious, has anyone else here tried shrooms?

What's your experience?

If you micro-dose, has it helped you in any major or minor way?

Would you recommend it or not?

Have you had a bad trip, & if so, did it ruin it for you?

I kinda just wanna hear people's thoughts on it. Get my mind off of suicide for a minute, a distraction.

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, lachrymost, strigoi and 1 other person
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Had a massive dose of shrooms when I was younger.
Didn't know what I was doing.
I was 14 at the time. I ate loads of them, and did the trip alone in my room.
The trip was indescribably hellish.
And impossible to describe in words.
I basically went insane and ran out of the house. Someone called the cops because I was running round the streets screaming and acting crazy, although I remember none of this.
I ended up in a psych ward with psychosis.

• Aww..
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, lachrymost and gardenofaphrodite
gardenofaphrodite

gardenofaphrodite

Apr 12, 2023
Had a massive dose of shrooms when I was younger.
Didn't know what I was doing.
I was 14 at the time. I ate loads of them, and did the trip alone in my room.
The trip was indescribably hellish.
And impossible to describe in words.
I basically went insane and ran out of the house. Someone called the cops because I was running round the streets screaming and acting crazy, although I remember none of this.
I ended up in a psych ward with psychosis.
That is wild. I tried them a few months ago, after turning 20 I think.

Doing shrooms at that age is crazy to me, then again, if I tried hard enough I could have found access to them as well.

If it was a lot - I can see why you had such an intense (& hellish) experience from it. I don't doubt that's caused some pretty bad trauma for you. I'm sorry that was your experience, I'm not gonna say try it again- because honestly, if that was mine- I wouldn't try it ever again either.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Despite the dreadful experience, I would still like to try microdosing on shrooms.
The bad trip did cause trauma, and made me terrified of tripping again.
But a few years later I tried some acid, just a quarter of a tab to try and overcome my fear of tripping.
It was nice. I laughed my head off, and had a mild trip.
But, yes, I am definitely going to try microdosing shrooms.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy and gardenofaphrodite
gardenofaphrodite

gardenofaphrodite

Apr 12, 2023
Despite the dreadful experience, I would still like to try microdosing on shrooms.
The bad trip did cause trauma, and made me terrified of tripping again.
But a few years later I tried some acid, just a quarter of a tab to try and overcome my fear of tripping.
It was nice. I laughed my head off, and had a mild trip.
But, yes, I am definitely going to try microdosing shrooms.
That's good at least! I think micro-dosing is the best route. I plan on micro-dosing when I have access to them again. I think it can help chill someone out if they go in with a good & positive headspace for the trip. I think if you go in scared or not doing well, it can fuck up the whole trip & make it a bad one.

I've always debated on trying acid, but I'd much rather try DMT instead. I want to try peyote as well/own the cactus in general because the way it grows is very interesting & pretty. Psychedelics are so interesting.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
That's good at least! I think micro-dosing is the best route. I plan on micro-dosing when I have access to them again. I think it can help chill someone out if they go in with a good & positive headspace for the trip. I think if you go in scared or not doing well, it can fuck up the whole trip & make it a bad one.

I've always debated on trying acid, but I'd much rather try DMT instead. I want to try peyote as well/own the cactus in general because the way it grows is very interesting & pretty. Psychedelics are so interesting.
I've wondered about trying DMT, but it's such a massively intense experience from what I've heard.
Sounds interesting though.

strigoi

strigoi

Apr 29, 2023
Questions ⬇️

Now I'm curious, has anyone else here tried shrooms?

What's your experience?

If you micro-dose, has it helped you in any major or minor way?

Would you recommend it or not?

Have you had a bad trip, & if so, did it ruin it for you?

I kinda just wanna hear people's thoughts on it. Get my mind off of suicide for a minute, a distraction.
Sorry if my report is confusing, but English is not my language.

I had 3 experiences with mushrooms, all experiences were very good for me. The first time I ate 3 grams, which only brought me to peaks of lots of laughter and shivers. The second time I ate 4 grams, I had many reflective moments about my life. The third time I ate 6 grams, some people in my country call that amount a hero's dose, it was the best experience I had, it was the moment I managed to start being more rational.

About microdosing helped me a lot with my epilepsy. And yes, I would recommend it, but I would only recommend it to people who are in a good emotional state, even though it is natural, the mushroom can still trigger many triggers, and the mushroom can end up becoming a trauma.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy, The anhedonic one and lachrymost
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Shrooms can be very fun for me. The bad trips I've had have all been from "lemon tekking" where you crush up the shrooms and soak them in lemon juice. Then you do the juice like a shot. It is supposed to reduce nausea (especially if you strain out the pieces of mushroom before drinking the juice) and make the trip shorter and more intense, but it was never pleasant for me. I would freak out and cry hysterically. But just eating them--that's been consistently fun.

I'm an amateur writer and I'm continually amazed by the writing I do on shrooms. In my experience, the creativity boost is just as they say. But I find that if I sit still in a chair, I feel weird bodily sensations and get uncomfortable. If I'm constantly pacing around and writing in the notes app on my phone, it's much better. (And thankfully I'm insane in the sense that I can write thousands of words on my phone no problem.) One aspect that can be frustrating (although conducive to autobiographical writing) is I become peculiarly focused on my interior monologue and struggle to concentrate on anything else. On shrooms, it is hard for me to watch a movie or read, for example. Even writing fiction is difficult, because I become so introspective and navel-gazey.

A distinctive characteristic of shrooms seems to be a steady and consistent multi-hour high, which I enjoy. I am always prepared to shower after, because I sweat through my clothes every time.

But they do nothing for my mental state once I sober up. Nothing does.

• Informative
Reactions: The anhedonic one
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
My first trip was by a waterfall with lots of rocks and trees. I felt at one with the rocks. It was a beautiful experience. I also had just that one day/evening off from anxiety, agitation and depression. After that, I liked them because I felt more present in my body and more sexual than usual. I did have some psychotic trips on mushrooms - in that they told me things that weren't true which I believed. So I would say everything they tell you take with a pinch of salt. I found them scary at times, as they told me they are God and the architect of everything that we see.I felt likea slave to the mushrooms, and also they made me feel sick and I would feel a weak pain in different areas of my brain, like they were acting on my brain and I could feel it. Most recently, they just brought up a lot of shame for me about stuff I did when mentally unwell, and it wasn't helping my depression.

LSD I love love love. Much more fun for me than shrooms. I have had just one bad trip on it but with no lasting effects. I love it for looking at the world differently. Have taken maybe 10 or 15 times. Two of those times helped my mental health hugely - both of those were with loving friends. The first one I was bed bound with depression adn the next day I could walk again. The second trip, I was about to buy a rope for CTB and the next day I felt so much better and more energised and not weeping as much. While this wore off as the days went on, it is now June and the postive improvement on my depression has lasted till now. It was really terrible before February's LSD trip, and since then though it has been bad. I'm taking new meds at the moment and don't really have a source of LSD, but I would take it so gladly if I did.

I am not a very visual person, so don't get much visuals on LSD unless I close my eyes, and only some on the shrooms. I think I have low levels of the brain chemicals, as for example, MDMA has only worked on me once or twice out of ten times I have taken it.

Safety tip just in case: always look up drug interactions on Erowid and Reddit etc to ensure drugs are safe with your medication if you take any. Like LSD and lithium is a dangerous combination.

• Informative
Reactions: TheGoodGuy and The anhedonic one