D

dexcont

Mar 18, 2019
Just thought i would share my experience to prevent harm on anyone else.

I am a type 1 diabetic and I tried overdosing on insulin multiple times (around 100 units at a time) through the years. I would always back out and eat to cover the units. but some time ago I took 80ml (800 units) of insulin and obviously it did not work. My body kicked into survival mode without me even knowing. To set an example, I would take 10 units of insulin (again, I took 800 units) for a big mac meal, or a footlong subway sandwich, or a sundae. If I took 10 units of insulin and didn't eat any of those things then I'd be at risk of passing out and having a shitty time.

I woke up in front of my fridge which was wide open and I had consumed an entire jar of jelly with my hands, a whole loaf of bread, pasta sauce, BBQ sauce, milk, unfrozen freezie pops, and I got in the bag of sugar. Theres more I ate but I forget. also had thrown up everywhere, assuming from the overeating.

Weird your body fights for you when your mind doesn't. Won't try it again and can't imagine what it would be like for anyone who isn't type 1 or has a functioning pancreas.

Reactions: Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
Interesting story and I'm sorry to hear this method failed you. I'm not diabetic but my new method if I was ever to try again would be a large dose of short acting and long acting insulin, sleeping pills and I'd figure a peaceful way to go. What's ironic is I'm hypoglycemic and always have been and passed out a few times but starving myself felt awful. I've been convinced this was a peaceful solution to finally end this life!!

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I don't have diabetes but have tried insulin also (I don't remember what dose but I know I went through 10+ syringes), and I also wound up passed out in front of my fridge. I should have locked all the food up. Good thought in case I try that again. Do it somewhere there's no food maybe. The body is wild. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­