Sep 9, 2023
... and idk how I'll be able to contain myself without getting hospitalized lol

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: SentimentalTrip, Forever Sleep, Brown-Jacket Revy and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Damn… Just go with their views. It will be hard but hopefully nothing bad happens, lol. Good luck tomorrow.

Reactions: not_telling
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
I definitely wouldn't be able to hold myself back. Is voicing your opinion without showing them suicidal intentions? Are they tolerant to people who hold different world views? Hope it goes alright for you in the end. Good luck, OP.

U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
Just go with their views.
Yeah I think this is the move. Although it would be fun to be like AS SOMEBODY PLANNING TO DIE NEXT WEEK... :ahhha: Fun until I get hospitalized and have to face them the rest of the semester lol
I definitely wouldn't be able to hold myself back. Is voicing your opinion without showing them suicidal intentions? Are they tolerant to people who hold different world views? Hope it goes alright for you in the end. Good luck, OP.
Not sure, this is our first discussion of the class (and what a choice to start out with). I'll probably open up a little bit about my past hospitalizations and prior attempts for cred, I have basically the same experience and viewpoint as the author whose work we're discussing which makes it a bit easier. Thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: SlowlyFalling and not_telling
backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
Good luck, I hope it's not too tough and the people aren't rude or judgmental <3

U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
Good luck, I hope it's not too tough and the people aren't rude or judgmental <3
somebody in my study group already said mentally ill people aren't capable of making good decisions so we're off to a good start. 🙃

• Hmph!
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: SlowlyFalling, betternever2havbeen, backtoearth and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
somebody in my study group already said mentally ill people aren't capable of making good decisions so we're off to a good start. 🙃
thats bs that person is so ignorant

Reactions: sadandlonely99, not_telling, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
mindless_imp

mindless_imp

lost but not found
Sep 9, 2023
... and idk how I'll be able to contain myself without getting hospitalized lol
try your best to mirror their opinions, as hard as that may be will vary depending on people who might know what you're going through etc, but I'm sure you can do it. Just stay strong <3 /p

Reactions: uniqueusername987
Moonshinee

Moonshinee

Aug 26, 2023
i have had the same topic come up but in religious studies. although many, for religious reasons, did not agree, the teacher agreed strongly! I did too, and I voiced it out. It went well for me! So perhaps you don't have to worry too much!

• Love
Reactions: SlowlyFalling, betternever2havbeen and uniqueusername987
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's horrible how people even have to fear being punished simply for being realistic and having awareness. It just shows what a hellish world we exist in where suicidal people who wish to do the perfectly valid thing of preventing all future meaningless suffering are treated like criminals by being locked up in psych wards.

Reactions: SlowlyFalling, myusername890, jbear824 and 2 others
U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
i have had the same topic come up but in religious studies. although many, for religious reasons, did not agree, the teacher agreed strongly! I did too, and I voiced it out. It went well for me! So perhaps you don't have to worry too much!
That's good to hear! I think the professor will be supportive.

Reactions: Moonshinee
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
So then that would be a good opportunity to challenge them.

Fuck going with the majority opinion.

Don't appease those people.

Fuck their judgment.

Edit: To say, what's considered "mentally ill" is subjective.

Homosexuals were once considered mentally ill.

Once upon a time people thought it was righteous and good to lynch people or burn them at the stake.

But people can't opt out of their own free will?

• Love
Reactions: myusername890 and uniqueusername987
U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
Homosexuals were once considered mentally ill.

Once upon a time people thought it was righteous and good to lynch people or burn them at the stake.

But people can't opt out of their own free will?
Great points, can't wait to yell them at the person who said this's face tomorrow. Especially the first.

• Yay!
Reactions: SlowlyFalling and Brown-Jacket Revy