• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Title, basically.

I scheduled an appointment with my doctor to see about getting anti-anxiety medication to help with nighttime anxiety attacks and some nausea. However, they have sent several forms asking me to answer questions about suicidal habits, such as self-harm or thoughts of suicide. They're laughably simple and really feel routine, but I can't help but feel I've set off a bunch of red flags (For obvious reasons). Is this a normal process to go through when requesting these meds?

My primary concern is if they ask me for a physical. I still have small scars on my lower back from when I regularly SH'ed. I don't anymore, for this eventuality, but they're still minimally present. I have a story prepared, and evidence to back up my lie, but I would like to stay relaxed and easy-going in the meeting. I'm not getting the meds for recovery purposes, which is why I'm not posting this in recovery. This is for SN, down the road, in case I need them. I'd like to keep things quick and simple, but if I need to genuinely go through so much red tape for simple medication, I'll just cancel the meeting and find another route.

Has anyone else experienced this? what can I expect? I've never been prescribed anxiety meds before.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetmeCTB566 and whywere
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Of all things i doubt they will ask for a physical. How many forms did they give you? Im assuming its just routine since those meds can lead to depression symptoms and they are just trying to cover their own ass.

Reactions: ihatemylife
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
It's hard to tell if we don't know which country you're from, since these kind of procedures differ from country to country. I've never had to fill in such forms.

But yes, it sounds like routine the way you describe it. Just lie about your suicidal thoughts/plans.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I do not know what country you are in but here in the U.S., I used to have to fill out forms that..yes ARE laughable at best, at worst DUMB. If it is for something like a ssri, at least in my case, quick glance and that is it.. now if it is for something like a benzo product, totally different ball game. They will say no, then after more talking and when they ( the medical people) think for whatever reason that yes I may need some then they relook everything over and ok it. BUT it REALLY goes on ones medical record, and at least for me, it is always one of the 1st things that is brought up ( the benzos) whn I have to see any medical people. hope it helps. Walter