ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
My ability to learn new skills is diminishing so I doubt I can get a decent paying job in the future. At this point I'm just a burden to everyone around me. But if I decide to ctb the insurance money would actually take care of a big chunk of my family's financial problems. What a wonderful world for 90 percenter millennials like me which values a corpse more than a human being who once had plenty of potential but was screwed over by life

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Lifeis_Jouissance70, Forever Sleep and 2 others
a_carbon_based_life

a_carbon_based_life

I deserve peace
Aug 16, 2023
can i ask why you think your ability to learn new skills is diminishing?

Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
can i ask why you think your ability to learn new skills is diminishing?
I'm 36 now but I've always had this problem. When I try to learn something new it just doesn't stick no matter how vital or important it is. Exams and interviews are a nightmare of epic proportions for someone like me. My memory is garbage. It's especially bad for me since I work in IT and continuous updation is the norm. I think I have some kind of learning disability that went undiagnosed but I can't afford treatment for it now and neither can my parents. Where I am in life now is mostly down to blind luck and the stress of the future is just too much to bear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70 and Praestat_Mori
a_carbon_based_life

a_carbon_based_life

I deserve peace
Aug 16, 2023
I'm 36 now but I've always had this problem. When I try to learn something new it just doesn't stick no matter how vital or important it is. Exams and interviews are a nightmare of epic proportions for someone like me. My memory is garbage. It's especially bad for me since I work in IT and continuous updation is the norm. I think I have some kind of learning disability that went undiagnosed but I can't afford treatment for it now and neither can my parents. Where I am in life now is mostly down to blind luck and the stress of the future is just too much to bear.
i mean if youre able to be in the IT field at all, that shows that your brain is at very least halfway decent at problem solving / memorization. i know there are multiple different theories and methods for studying more efficiently. maybe testing some of those out could help a bit? im def not an expert tho šŸ˜“

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I can relate to this. I'm a bit fairly older than you and did also IT stuff and related things in the past but all that new stuff and what I didn't learn when I was much younger doesn't stick in my head anymore.