pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Over the last couple years, I decided I one hundred percent refuse to be economically exploited, to sell my time for less than I willingly would without force or coercion (e.g. the threat of starvation/abject poverty). I refuse to be a wage slave. I consider everything else negotiable.

This is a particularly severe problem in the United States, I can't speak about other countries, but young adults who weren't born to rich parents and can't afford college have little to no hope of ever having a fulfilling career. Their only option is to slave away at corporations like fast food restaurants for chump change that doesn't even come close to affordably covering rent.

Society took away and continues to take away every easy, peaceful way to die. I didn't choose to be born, but I can choose not to be exploited.

So my contract with society (and anyone else who refuses me the option of death) is as follows: If you won't give me the option of death, and won't provide me meaningful opportunities to succeed, then you will sustain me. Indefinitely. Fortunately, I'm not near this point yet, but I will take this doctrine all the way up to showing up starving in the ER and they will have no choice but to either feed me or kill me. And we all know which option they would choose.

I encourage anyone else, particularly those with family/partners holding them back from suicide, to consider the same. I don't have parents, but if you do and you're living with them suicidal, make them sustain you or pay for your college if they want you alive so badly. Whatever you do, don't slave away at McDonalds. Your life is worth more than that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CatLove56, it's_all_a_game, MeltedJello and 7 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
tumblr_nyqjhqnIFc1v0pigno1_1280.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: CatLove56, Shadowplay, MeltedJello and 2 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
This is a frustrating aspect of society to me. We don't want to let people die but don't want to give them anything either. Any anti-choice type would be righteous in their position if they also turned themselves into a beast of burden that lives for no other purpose than to alleviate suicidal people. Give suicidal people some of your wealth, not platitudes of hope. I don't want to be neet and am privileged enough to be a student, but my country should have neetbux at the very least if it's not willing to let people CTB.

Reactions: CatLove56, littlelungs, MeltedJello and 1 other person
Volo vent

Volo vent

Sep 20, 2021
During my teeneger years i lived in a really poor country with a really bad economic condition and i can tell you that the idea of starve to death wont be appealing soon once you pass 4 days with no eating or barely eating your more primal instics will run crazy looking from something to eat i did a lot or bad stuffs to get food but well thats just my experience maybe you have the necesary to a martydoom on starvation good luck

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Fragile and MeltedJello
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Fortunately, I'm not near this point yet, but I will take this doctrine all the way up to showing up starving in the ER and they will have no choice but to either feed me or kill me. And we all know which option they would choose.

Unfortunately, there are many, many ways to kill a person while keeping their body alive...

Reactions: Celerity, GenesAndEnvironment and littlelungs
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Over the last couple years, I decided I one hundred percent refuse to be economically exploited, to sell my time for less than I willingly would without force or coercion (e.g. the threat of starvation/abject poverty). I refuse to be a wage slave. I consider everything else negotiable.

That's the problem. The threat of starvation and homelessness is powerful enough to keep most people in line. I also agree that if you can't provide good opportunities for your child, it is better to not give birth to them. This world is a cruel and unforgiving place. Wage slavery is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Reactions: Celerity, it's_all_a_game, littlelungs and 1 other person
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I'm at that point where I have to find either work or an online place to study at...my parents will kick me out in March. And this time they mean it as my mom tells me that they are at their "wit's end" with me.
Since I lost all of my friends I would have no where to go and be homeless.
If I don't ctb I'll starve on the streets.
So I guess the world doesn't want to give me something to die quickly and rather want to watch me suffer and let me die slowly instead.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
If I don't ctb I'll starve on the streets.
From personal experience, it's very hard to starve in a developed country. Even when I was an unaccompanied minor running away from an abusive situation, food was never a serious concern. And this was in America, the worst of the developed countries when it comes to treatment of the poor.

The biggest concern is almost always shelter, but some areas have good weather all year round, and nowadays rent has increased so sharply in America that you literally cannot fucking afford rent on a typical job available to a non-college-graduate anyway.

I should also mention that every country I'm aware of has some type of disability program that extends to the mentally ill, so that may be an option for you as well.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello and waterstrider
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
From personal experience, it's very hard to starve in a developed country. Even when I was an unaccompanied minor running away from an abusive situation, food was never a serious concern. And this was in America, the worst of the developed countries when it comes to treatment of the poor.

The biggest concern is almost always shelter, but some areas have good weather all year round, and nowadays rent has increased so sharply that you literally cannot fucking afford rent on a typical job available to a non-college-graduate.
Yeah, since I don't need much food I'll probably be able to make it work somehow. But it would be scary as hell tbh...I'm a young (fragile) person it's not so safe at night, not even around here.
My sister is in her last year of her medical degree and already working and earning money and not even she can afford rent in my fucking city.

pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Yeah, since I don't need much food I'll probably be able to make it work somehow. But it would be scary as hell tbh...I'm a young (fragile) person it's not so safe at night, not even around here.
My sister is in her last year of her medical degree and already working and earning money and not even she can afford rent in my fucking city.
Jesus. I'm assuming you live in America or Canada? Yeah, it's everywhere that this has happened. Home prices surged 20% in a single year, and rent 13%. Wages, of course, are nowhere near that increase.

I would have to know more about your specific situation to be of more help as far as the safety thing is concerned, it can be managed in a few different ways, particularly if you have a car, but if working only to continue to be poor anyway doesn't rub you the way it does me, then there's no harm no foul I suppose.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity and waterstrider
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
Jesus. I'm assuming you live in America or Canada? Yeah, it's everywhere that this has happened. Home prices surged 20% in a single year, and rent 13%. Wages, of course, are nowhere near that increase.

I would have to know more about your specific situation to be of more help as far as the safety thing is concerned, it can be managed in a few different ways, particularly if you have a car, but if working only to continue to be poor anyway doesn't rub you the way it does me, then there's no harm no foul I suppose.
Aww, you're far to kind to even give a shit about me/my situation.

I'm located in Europe though.
There might be possibilities to go into a homeless shelter or facility for young people but I'm still traumatized from being locked up in a psych ward for nearly an entire year and having been stripped away all my privacy...so I couldn't do that, would result in major panic attacks.
Don't have a car/license either.
My uncle has a small hut located about 100 miles away in the wilderness, would try to crash there. Maybe try the CO method with his old grill.

pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
I see, I honestly have no clue what services are available for you in Europe but yeah that's awful that you had to go through that experience with the psyche ward. I spent a month in one, couldn't imagine doing a year. But if you can get SN or N I would choose that before any other method.

Wishing you the best.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity and waterstrider
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
During my teeneger years i lived in a really poor country with a really bad economic condition and i can tell you that the idea of starve to death wont be appealing soon once you pass 4 days with no eating or barely eating your more primal instics will run crazy looking from something to eat i did a lot or bad stuffs to get food but well thats just my experience maybe you have the necesary to a martydoom on starvation good luck
Well if it doesn't work at least you lost a couple pounds