Tonight634

Tonight634

Aug 24, 2020
I don't even kniw what to say, she wasn't my home cat but she was one of the three kittens that we fed during the harsh winter (-18), my dad doesn't like cats so we couldn't take them inside, but we at least fed them. They avoided us because they are wild but this one kitty let me pet her and we got along well, but then she stopped eating and deinking and started looking weak so we took her in and took her to the vet, infortunately it got worse and worse...She had to be put down today but istg she was the sweetest cat I've ever met and it had to be her. I wish we took her in sooner...How did you guys deal with losing your pet? I can't stand it

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, Fehler, http-410 and 18 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a cat and I can't imagine how horrible it will feel once she goes. Literally animals are one of the only good things about being alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tonight634, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dead Meat and 4 others
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
My dog died this year. He was with me for 13 years. The bond you build with pets can be really strong and that's beautiful, but it also makes it sting so much more when you lose them. It's been a few months and I'm still sad about it.

Hope it doesn't drag you down too much and that you can cope somehow.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tonight634, Dead Meat, Ame and 2 others
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
I'm really sorry for loss. I lost my dog recently in quite tramatic way so I know how hard it is. It's still very raw.

Perhaps you could do something in her memory? This is usually what I do. It doesn't take away all the pain but it feels a little better.

There are also charities you could talk too if you want.

I don't think the pain ever fully leaves but I hope you can feel a little better soon. Be kind to yourself

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tonight634, Dead Meat, Ame and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm really sorry. I know what losing a pet you love so much feels like.

I've already lost 3 dogs and I can't even think of the death of the current one I have. He's so lovely and full of life...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tonight634, shy, Dead Meat and 1 other person
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
I feel for you, sorry you have to go through this hurt:
but know for what it's worth - 4 whatever limited time you had together ::
you both got to share an awesome bond of love & trust... unconditionally.

i help care for a feral cat colony - had amazing experiences / many difficult (they can be sickly) loads of people
don't understand - they cost me a fortune and aren't even truly domestic.. but they give me something so worrth-while
something more than my mind...

just remember the great times (& be open when you ready for loving another little soul if you are willing /able)
it's worth it - you'll be the richer for it!
xm

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tonight634 and shy
Tonight634

Tonight634

Aug 24, 2020
Thanks everyone for support....This is the only time I wish an afterlife existed...So that I could meet my friend again

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered, Rocket1Rocket1, DarkWolf and 1 other person
nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
My condolences. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I lost my childhood pet cat two years ago and honestly I'm still not over it. What I did to cope was get her ashes back and get a fancy urn to put it in that sits on my desk where I can see it whenever I want. The grieving process is different for everyone, though. Do what feels best for you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Tonight634
Rolliewoo

Rolliewoo

Mar 14, 2021
So sorry for your loss ❤ you cared and loved for the poor little kitty so they will forever live on in your heart and be a part of you ❤

• Love
Reactions: Tonight634
EndlesslySuffering

EndlesslySuffering

May 10, 2021
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I have had cats and dogs and lost many of them throughout the years.

What was her name? Would it maybe help to have a little grave for the poor kitten or would that make it worse?

NOTE: *I'm not trying to be rude or anything, just some people have told me this helps. It's just a thought.*

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. I am sure she knew that she meant the world to you. Cats are very perceptive and loyal. Cherish all the time and memories you had together, rest in peace kitty.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?