• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Banshe

Banshe

She/her trans friend
Jun 28, 2022
Since I can remember I have been pretending to hear voices in my head. I do not know why, I have tried to stop but it keeps happening. These fake hallucinationatory voices tend to comment on anything or everything, but they are often hostile.
This has resulted in me creating fake hostile voices to the point that I became scared of someone chasing me. While I was driving. From voices I created in my own head. And ended up crashing the car.
There are so many more things that don't add up or make sense and I am freaking out. I tried talking to people irl but they literally just brushed me off entirely.
Im so confused and I'm not really seeing a way out of my insanity other than ctb.

If anyone has felt like this or has any ideas please help.

Reactions: MiMif
fork

fork

stupid <3
Sep 16, 2023
hun, i dont think youre pretending to hear voices. a big step in the right direction is acknowledging that this isnt fake in the sense that youre making it up. your feelings, thoughts, and experiences are valid. do you know of anything you do that makes the voices stop for a bit? is there anything that makes them flare up more? understanding the ebb and flow of when it occurs can maybe help lead to why it occurs, and it can better your understanding of how to control it. remember that youre not alone in this, and many people share the same struggle. there are online resources for methods on how to deal with the voices, such as distracting yourself from them, ignoring them altogether, talking back to them, or keeping a journal of the things they say. i dont have much firsthand experience, but i can say that when im dealing with negative thoughts that manifest into a separate conscience, talking back to that conscience with my own thoughts kind of helps. just know that these voices you hear cant hurt you and do not have a hold on you. you are in control of yourself, and you arent in danger. dealing with the paranoia of feeling like someone is chasing you is terrifying and makes you want to do irrational things, but try to take a deep breath, ground yourself (look up methods), and try to look at things objectively. try to figure out things that calm you down and bring you back into reality, and make sure to take care of yourself. meeting basic needs can feel like a huge burden when youre not in the right mental space, but trust me it makes a big difference and itll make you feel a lot better. i hope some of this helped :)

• Love
Reactions: Banshe
Banshe

Banshe

She/her trans friend
Jun 28, 2022
hun, i dont think youre pretending to hear voices. a big step in the right direction is acknowledging that this isnt fake in the sense that youre making it up. your feelings, thoughts, and experiences are valid. do you know of anything you do that makes the voices stop for a bit? is there anything that makes them flare up more? understanding the ebb and flow of when it occurs can maybe help lead to why it occurs, and it can better your understanding of how to control it. remember that youre not alone in this, and many people share the same struggle. there are online resources for methods on how to deal with the voices, such as distracting yourself from them, ignoring them altogether, talking back to them, or keeping a journal of the things they say. i dont have much firsthand experience, but i can say that when im dealing with negative thoughts that manifest into a separate conscience, talking back to that conscience with my own thoughts kind of helps. just know that these voices you hear cant hurt you and do not have a hold on you. you are in control of yourself, and you arent in danger. dealing with the paranoia of feeling like someone is chasing you is terrifying and makes you want to do irrational things, but try to take a deep breath, ground yourself (look up methods), and try to look at things objectively. try to figure out things that calm you down and bring you back into reality, and make sure to take care of yourself. meeting basic needs can feel like a huge burden when youre not in the right mental space, but trust me it makes a big difference and itll make you feel a lot better. i hope some of this helped :)
So this kind of just happens anytime my mind is not otherwise occupied or paying attention to something in detail. Its kind of constant in the down time. Whats especially concerning is that its not like I physically hear them. Its just like one hears a book their reading.
When I look at my life objectively it doesn't make sense im not going to lie. I lied to a doctor that I was hearing voices even though its all in my head. And I dont really remember much for like 2 years after?

Edit: I dont mean to come off as rude or dismissive. Thank you very much for your perspective.

Last edited: