F

fat_ass_69_420

Sep 6, 2019
It feels as if I have some sort of mental block going on in my brain. I can't even properly hold conversations anymore, somebody yesterday was trying to talk to me about something and I remember as they were talking I would unknowingly zone out and come back a few seconds later with no idea of what they just said at all. I'm thinking that it might be a combo of dissociating literally all the time and having no attention span.
I've dissociated my entire life lmao but I really feel like I have brain damage at this point. Let me know if any of you can relate because I feel dumb as shit right now. Thanks

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sasshimi, Circles, StillWaiting and 16 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I have a form of brain damage known as ACA, which means Acute Cerebellar Ataxia. That's about as close as they can get to a diagnosis. It has numerous effects. One of them being the ability to concentrate and talk, which at its worst leaves me unable to hold a decent conversation with anyone. I have been around people talking normally and I dont hear a word that is said. But there are so many disorders that have effects like these, it could be one or more of many. It took years of tests and more tests before they finally decided what was wrong with me. You really should talk to someone about what you are experiencing and try to rule out as many things as possible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, Soul, Nem and 3 others
F

fat_ass_69_420

Sep 6, 2019
I have a form of brain damage known as ACA, which means Acute Cerebellar Ataxia. That's about as close as they can get to a diagnosis. It has numerous effects. One of them being the ability to concentrate and talk, which at its worst leaves me unable to hold a decent conversation with anyone. I have been around people talking normally and I dont hear a word that is said. But there are so many disorders that have effects like these, it could be one or more of many. It took years of tests and more tests before they finally decided what was wrong with me. You really should talk to someone about what you are experiencing and try to rule out as many things as possible.

Thank you for sharing. I had no idea this was a thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Nem
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I have brain injury caused by a shithawk dr and a bitchface ex along with big pharma. I know exactly what you are going through and it's no picnic one bit
Peace/hugs...DEATH!!!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, BlueWidow and 1 other person
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I have brain injury caused by a shithawk dr and a bitchface ex along with big pharma. I know exactly what you are going through and it's no picnic one bit
Peace/hugs...DEATH!!!!!!

Yeah brain injury is the worst...

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Meretlein and Nem
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I have only fierce words for drs, a few supplements for the brain are fish oil, lions mane and PS. I have consumed probably a hundred bottles of fish oil( I drink the shit) and I'm still fubar'd, it's embarrassing and someone once asked me how I would know if I had brain damage?! Trust me, you fucken know!!!
hugs/peace❤

• Love
Reactions: Circles and azucaramargo
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I have similar problems as well. Mine are caused by severe hypothyroidism that hasn't been treated correctly for more than two decades now.
In my case, I have severe memory problems. If I want to remember something, I have to write it down and leave it on sticky notes all over the place where I'll see it. A lot of times even if I see it, I still don't remember it.
I leave the medications I take sitting out where I'll find them in the same place every day and I have an app on my phone that reminds me to take my medications, yet half the time I still forget to take them.
I also struggle when having conversations, even on the phone. It takes all my strength and energy to focus on what the other person is saying and to follow the conversation.
I'm constantly being yelled at by people because I was supposed to text them or call them and I didn't. I would think that I did, but it would turn out that I didn't. Most things I watch on TV, I have to watch in a way so that I can run the same scene over and over because I miss parts of it if I only watch it one time. Therefore, it makes it hard for me to watch a TV show or a movie with other people because either I get completely lost as to what's happening, or they get annoyed that I have to keep running it back so that I can follow what's going on.
I know that most of my issues are caused by the thyroid problem, and some of it is probably either caused by or exacerbated by my depression; but I also worry that I might actually be in the very beginnings of some kind of dementia disorder. That thought scares the hell out of me that someday I might not know where I am and I might not be able to take care of myself. I would rather be dead than be at the mercy of other people. That's one of the reasons I plan to ctb soon. No matter what I have exactly, I can tell that it's only getting worse as time is going on. And all the doctors do is the same old thing that they did before that didn't work. They seem to have no clue how to fix it.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, azucaramargo, MisanthropicLycan and 2 others
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
Same for me. My brain can't make logical conclusions as fast anymore. I also have a problem with motion and movements. Reading has become a chore. I can't follow conversation or what is being said in class anymore.

Reactions: Kassender, Circles and MeltingHeart
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
It feels as if I have some sort of mental block going on in my brain. I can't even properly hold conversations anymore, somebody yesterday was trying to talk to me about something and I remember as they were talking I would unknowingly zone out and come back a few seconds later with no idea of what they just said at all. I'm thinking that it might be a combo of dissociating literally all the time and having no attention span.
I've dissociated my entire life lmao but I really feel like I have brain damage at this point. Let me know if any of you can relate because I feel dumb as shit right now. Thanks
I used the Amitriptyline cocktail but someone called the police who kicked in my door,then my parents door looking for me. It's not certain how long I was wihout oxygen but my brainis likw that of a young child.There's a chance it will improve but it's not exactly a life to ook forwatd to. I've reordered ingredients to get it dome right

Reactions: Circles
MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

What God's will rise from the abyss of our souls?
Nov 4, 2019
I can relate to feeling like my brain is broken. I am constantly in my own private fantasy world which gets me into a lot of trouble. I daydream and zone out all the time and it takes me a long time to remember how to perform simple tasks and I make a lot of mistakes. Due to this fact a lot of people in work environments think I am stupid or mentally challenged in some way. I just can't focus on reality right in front of my nose so it makes it difficult for me to solve problems.

I have a slow, sluggish mind and brain fog because of my depression and thyroid disease. Causes some confusion and problems with memory.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, azucaramargo, OreoWellington and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
For thyroid issues nascent iodine or lugols iodine might help it function better. Using nascent iodine lowered my dose of how much synthetic thyroid hormone I have to take. Or maybe it allows the pill to be absorbed better. What u are experiencing is dissociation I have this as well. I found this program online I found the other day and I'm hopeful that it will clear some of my trauma so I'm having an easier time concentrating and tuning out less. I'm not an expert so I'm not saying for sure this is certain as to what's going on with u or that what I'm doing will cure it.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, azucaramargo and MisanthropicLycan
MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

Nov 4, 2019
For thyroid issues nascent iodine or lugols iodine might help it function better. Using nascent iodine lowered my dose of how much synthetic thyroid hormone I have to take. Or maybe it allows the pill to be absorbed better. What u are experiencing is dissociation I have this as well. I found this program online I found the other day and I'm hopeful that it will clear some of my trauma so I'm having an easier time concentrating and tuning out less. I'm not an expert so I'm not saying for sure this is certain as to what's going on with u or that what I'm doing will cure it.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I can relate to feeling like my brain is broken. I am constantly in my own private fantasy world which gets me into a lot of trouble. I daydream and zone out all the time and it takes me a long time to remember how to perform simple tasks and I make a lot of mistakes. Due to this fact a lot of people in work environments think I am stupid or mentally challenged in some way. I just can't focus on reality right in front of my nose so it makes it difficult for me to solve problems.

I have a slow, sluggish mind and brain fog because of my depression and thyroid disease. Causes some confusion and problems with memory.
I have the exact same problem and that's why I often felt like I wasn't performing well at work. I would be on a ton of psych meds plus ADD medication which helped but obviously it's bad for u long term plus the side effects and tolerance buildup. I've been a chronic dissociator too. It's like the worst trauma response to have because everyone assumes you're lazy and slow when it's more complicated than that.

Reactions: Circles and MisanthropicLycan
J

Jengator

Student
Sep 24, 2019
Yes I have brain damage as well as impaired physical function

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, azucaramargo and Are you lost too?
MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

Nov 4, 2019
I have the exact same problem and that's why I often felt like I wasn't performing well at work. I would be on a ton of psych meds plus ADD medication which helped but obviously it's bad for u long term plus the side effects and tolerance buildup. I've been a chronic dissociator too. It's like the worst trauma response to have because everyone assumes you're lazy and slow when it's more complicated than that.
It really sucks. I can't tell you how many times I've been yelled at for being "slow" or "stupid" in work environments. I've been berated more times than I can count. It has really destroyed my self-esteem which was already almost non-existent to begin with. My favorite was when an ex-girlfriend of mine told me to help her with a task and then when I struggled to figure it out she loudly and angrily told me I was "retarded" in front of a group of strangers. That's always fun.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: a.h, Kassender, Circles and 4 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Sometimes my brain stop working and functioning. Usually this happens when becoming anhedonic that brain stops working. There are also other types of stopping that happens in other mental states.
I think my brain/mind is damaged already and its irreversible.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It really sucks. I can't tell you how many times I've been yelled at for being "slow" or "stupid" in work environments. I've been berated more times than I can count. It has really destroyed my self-esteem which was already almost non-existent to begin with. My favorite was when an ex-girlfriend of mine told me to help her with a task and then when I struggled to figure it out she loudly and angrily told me I was "retarded" in front of a group of strangers. That's always fun.
Yes I understand your pain, I had made the mistake of assuming I had low IQ because of this. My mom and younger bro would constantly insult my intelligence when I was a kid and that really fucked me up. I internalized that as it was true and because women are brainwashed to not depend on men anymore and get careers/jobs I thought I had to have a career to my detriment. It was not ok to just marry a guy and have kids lol! That would have been better for me than what ended up happening.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
OreoWellington

OreoWellington

Ready To Die
Sep 28, 2019
I have been this way as well, but only because I know it is a result of being lost in the midst and throes of deep, severe depression. I get so lost in my head that I'm not in the physical present reality.

Last edited:
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
It's your brain's normal response to stress and depression; your mind is telling you to stop and tend to your health.