Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Have you ever asked yourself, why society is so hypocritical according to "My body, my choice"? Some people are pro-choice when it's about abortion. But when it comes to ending your own life, they suddenly aren't that pro-choice anymore.

What are your thoughts?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, throwaway_2620, Swedish Equality and 12 others
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I think anyone over the legal age should have access to euthanasia services without a doubt. I also think some drs should be euthanized
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: exhausted, throwaway_2620, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 11 others
Grandexit

Grandexit

Experienced
Dec 4, 2019
I'm pro choice across the board. Bodily autonomy is not a temporary thing. Either you own your body fully, or you own it not at all.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, throwaway_2620, forever21 and 9 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Cause they want you to endure it. The reason why they are hypocritical is cause they think since the parents gave birth to you, your body isn't entirely yours. It's like your parents created you thus your body isn't entirely yours kind of thing.
They don't understand why someone would want to kill themselves especially in this modern world.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: veryrandomusernameqa, throwaway_2620, Broken Chimera and 8 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, it is indeed really hypocritical that society and most people seem to care about ALL other arguments regarding rights, but when it comes to death and (voluntary) suicide, they suddenly go all against it without any real good reasoning. Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

Good point @WhyIsLife56 and yeah, it seems like people like to conflate that just because one is conceived, then one simply has obligation. Even worse is the people who do mental gymnastics to justify all other rights and choices, but yet decide to just outright ignore logic and reasoning when it comes to the right to die.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, throwaway_2620, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 9 others
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Yes, all the time... The thing is keeping us alive benefits the system, they make so much money off of our suffering and illnesses. Being able to die with dignity would not provide them with the same amount of money they get from our suffering in the end.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, throwaway_2620, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Cause they want you to endure it. The reason why they are hypocritical is cause they think since the parents gave birth to you, your body isn't entirely yours. It's like your parents created you thus your body isn't entirely yours kind of thing.
They don't understand why someone would want to kill themselves especially in this modern world.
I sometimes wonder if I was from a totally different background would I feel the same? If most things had gone right at least in childhood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
I sometimes wonder if I was from a totally different background would I feel the same? If most things had gone right at least in childhood.
Everyone's childhood is flawed or broken somewhat to a degree. A good childhood is a myth. Cause most of your adulthood is spent trying to recover from your childhood. And then again think about it: you weren't asked to be born. To me, it wouldn't matter. I'd still want to kill myself cause I didn't ask for any of this.

• Love
Reactions: Cevapcici, HighwayToHell, Predestinated and 1 other person
Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Yes, all the time... The thing is keeping us alive benefits the system, they make so much money off of our suffering and illnesses. Being able to die with dignity would not provide them with the same amount of money they get from our suffering in the end.
Well said

Reactions: HighwayToHell
A

Alpha_Drama

Feb 7, 2020
since the parents gave birth to you, your body isn't entirely yours.

I like to think that corporations and those wealthy who control the world, economies, wars, that they wouldn't want us to die. Maybe their logic is like, hey we need someone to drive this public transportation vehicles, we need someone to be at this counter, someone to fill market and warehouse shelves, someone to cook food at our restaurants etc etc etc and such. We don't want those who feel like they won't get any better to just go that easily, someone needs to serve us.

But also I can feel what it could be like to work in euthanasia facility if it were legal. Not a slaughterhouse, but still, you kill someone, you watch them go, burn them, transport them. This is also hard. I'm into dark humor so I just imagined someone walking into a building towards reception and the person behind the desk is asking: "Good day to you. Are you here to die or picking up?" And now I'm laughing, send halp.)

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
I don't believe in bodily autonomy. Not always.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
In general I am quite composed and laid back. Live and let live, that sort of attitude. People can believe whatever they want. Fine by me.

But there is one thing that makes me fly off the handle, namely, the anti-abortion movement. I cannot carry out a normal conversation with anyone who makes the slightest hint against a woman's right to abortion.

I know it's extreme, and I know I should be able to control myself, but I literally see red in front of my eyes, and feel like hitting them over the head with a newspaper.