ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
What the title says, birthday is making my depression a lot worse, please stay with me for a bit if you can

Really struggling rn it hasn't been this bad in a very long time

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kråkevind, skybluesuicide, Praestat_Mori and 14 others
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
birthdays can be an awful time for many of us, i definitely can relate. is there anything specific thats affecting you at the moment that youd be comfortable talking about? i sometimes find it can help just getting my thoughts out of my head. sending hugs if you need them <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: crimson blue, betternever2havbeen, whywere and 3 others
andaira2k

andaira2k

Passionate Enthusiast
May 29, 2023
Hey,
I think it depends on what makes it worse. Are you scared, that it won't be as special as it is supposed to be or did you have expectancies for you until that birthday?
But I think that you should make it special. Maybe plan something, but not too big, as you you don't want to get angry if something doesn't go as planned. Maybe think about some food that you would like to eat that day. For example I like to eat strawberry cake on my birthday, which has turned into a "tradition" for me, which is my only goal for my birthday and makes me happy. Maybe you can invite a friend over or just spend some time with them. Just one or maybe more is good.
Just try to take a day off from all the negative thoughts and enjoy the moment. You will have turned a year older, so be proud of it!
I would love to hear what you will want to do / have done on your birthday!
Best of luck :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Benji, betternever2havbeen, ncmxm and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Let me start with this: YOU are a very kind, and loving spirit and without you hereon SS, part of me would be gone. Having no family nor friends, having you as a family member to/for me is everything.

I totally agree with @andaira2k that I would love to know want and/or you have done for your birthday, as you deserve lots of goodies.

Sending you lots of long-distance birthday hugs, love and a beautiful sunny blue-sky birthday filled with fields of flowers to enjoy.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, andaira2k, 710 and 2 others
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
birthdays can be an awful time for many of us, i definitely can relate.
I'm sorry you can relate to this feeling too
is there anything specific thats affecting you at the moment that youd be comfortable talking about?

Yes, I've been thinking about why exactly I feel so bad and 1) my birthday means soon I won't be young anymore
2) when I was younger I told myself "it will get better in the future, I just need to push through this difficult time" and now the future has arrived and it's not better it's worse, so now I don't have this hope in front of me making me going
3) as a teen I wanted to celebrate it with friends and I never had that
Now idrc about celebrating it with friends but this birthday makes me think about all the birthdays I had as a teen that I spent alone and not with friends
You can say that I can still celebrate it with friends but no, firstly I don't have friends and secondly now it's not the same, celebrating your birthday as an adult isn't the same as doing it as a teen, birthdays get less exciting for everyone now
4) feel behind in life and like a failure

And thanks for the hugs, I really need that rn
How old are you?
Turning 26
Hey,
I think it depends on what makes it worse. Are you scared, that it won't be as special as it is supposed to be or did you have expectancies for you until that birthday?
But I think that you should make it special. Maybe plan something, but not too big, as you you don't want to get angry if something doesn't go as planned. Maybe think about some food that you would like to eat that day. For example I like to eat strawberry cake on my birthday, which has turned into a "tradition" for me, which is my only goal for my birthday and makes me happy. Maybe you can invite a friend over or just spend some time with them. Just one or maybe more is good.
Just try to take a day off from all the negative thoughts and enjoy the moment. You will have turned a year older, so be proud of it!
I would love to hear what you will want to do / have done on your birthday!
Best of luck :)
Thank you
Your strawberry cake tradition sounds very nice

For my birthday I want to play a game I bought but haven't played yet, called what remains of edith finch
Let me start with this: YOU are a very kind, and loving spirit and without you hereon SS, part of me would be gone. Having no family nor friends, having you as a family member to/for me is everything.

I totally agree with @andaira2k that I would love to know want and/or you have done for your birthday, as you deserve lots of goodies.

Sending you lots of long-distance birthday hugs, love and a beautiful sunny blue-sky birthday filled with fields of flowers to enjoy.

Walter
Thank you so much Walter I always enjoy reading your replies, but I'm not a kind and loving person, I hate a lot of people and I can hurt people

For my birthday I want to play a game I bought for myself earlier called what remains of edith finch

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: PartlyHuman, Lostandlooking, gap and 5 others
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
What the title says, birthday is making my depression a lot worse, please stay with me for a bit if you can

Hello @ncmxm,
Do you have anybody who cooks you savory dishes?
Do you have anybody who sends you birthday wishes?
If people close to you don't care, please forget about them.

I might be just a stranger, but I'll be devastated when you're gone.
I'm willing to stay here and be a sholder to cry on.
I think a birthday is like a bad weather,
So it will pass - let's go though together.

I wish, together we could have a cup of tea.
But this is online forum so I'll send you my message.
May you be able to go through this dark passage.
Happy birthday, this is a special day for you and me.

If I misunderstood anything please let me know 🙏
I would do my part if I have any, so please stay here for a while 💙💛

• Love
Reactions: ncmxm
andaira2k

andaira2k

Passionate Enthusiast
May 29, 2023
I'm sorry you can relate to this feeling too

Yes, I've been thinking about why exactly I feel so bad and 1) my birthday means soon I won't be young anymore
2) when I was younger I told myself "it will get better in the future, I just need to push through this difficult time" and now the future has arrived and it's not better it's worse, so now I don't have this hope in front of me making me going
Now idrc about celebrating it with friends but this birthday makes me think about all the birthdays I had as a teen that I spent alone and not with friends
You can say that I can still celebrate it with friends but no, firstly I don't have friends and secondly now it's not the same, celebrating your birthday as an adult isn't the same as doing it as a teen, birthdays get less exciting for everyone now

And thanks for the hugs, I really need that rn

Turning 26

Thank you
Your strawberry cake tradition sounds very nice

For my birthday I want to play a game I bought but haven't played yet, called what remains of edith finch

Thank you so much Walter I always enjoy reading your replies, but I'm not a kind and loving person, I hate a lot of people and I can hurt people

For my birthday I want to play a game I bought for myself earlier called what remains of edith finch
That sounds awesome to me! Be sure to not touch that game until your birthday to get the full experience then :)
Be sure to enjoy your birthday, whatever will happen. And even if it turns bad, it's only one day a year ;)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ncmxm and whywere
P

PlanePaper

May 29, 2023
Don't make any rash decisions, please. CTB is a one-way ticket into the abyss that doesn't have an undo button. Perhaps the world is beautiful; perhaps it's full of suffering. Perhaps it has lots to offer; perhaps it's dull. But in any case, you have to find out for yourself. Until then, in my opinion, it's a bit too early to do anything.

Besides, you are valuable and inherently beautiful :) I registered to this site just to tell you this.

I'm not much of an expert in psychology nor am I a psychiatrist, but if you need someone to talk to, I can be here to listen. I might not fully understand or empathize, but I can try my best!

• Love
Reactions: ncmxm and betternever2havbeen
Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
Hey there, ncmxm! I'm sorry to hear you've got an unhappy birthday coming up. I just had mine earlier this month, May 13th and turning 35, so I feel ya. Birthdays just don't have the same magic anymore, especially when you're approaching 40.

My lady and I still try our best to celebrate, though. We don't really do gifts for the most part; we're both poor and can't really afford that kind of luxury most of the time. Generally speaking we try to go out and do something. I'm a pretty big nature buff, so for my birthday, 'going out' usually means hiking a waterfall trail or some such. We keep it quiet m, just the two of us, and fairly intimate, and it makes the experience a little better.

Of course, I have a person who cares about me that I can do that with, which probably puts me in a better position than you're in right now. And for that I'm very sorry. I wonder if maybe there's a way to amend that somehow? I've heard of people stuck alone during the pandemic doing birthday stuff online. If you need some company during your birthday to help make things a little better, I wonder if it'd be possible to arrange something like a movie watch party or some such over discord? Reading some of the comments on this thread, it seems like you already have some people here who enjoy your company. Do you think something like that could make your day a little more bearable?

(Related: I own What Remains of Edith Finch, but I haven't played very far into it. Maybe a broadcast party? Get some of us together, watch you progress, comment on things, theorize about what we see? Could be fun.)

• Love
Reactions: ncmxm, gap and LoiteringClouds
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
Hello @ncmxm,
Do you have anybody who cooks you savory dishes?
Do you have anybody who sends you birthday wishes?
If people close to you don't care, please forget about them.

I might be just a stranger, but I'll be devastated when you're gone.
I'm willing to stay here and be a sholder to cry on.
I think a birthday is like a bad weather,
So it will pass - let's go though together.

I wish, together we could have a cup of tea.
But this is online forum so I'll send you my message.
May you be able to go through this dark passage.
Happy birthday, this is a special day for you and me.

If I misunderstood anything please let me know 🙏
I would do my part if I have any, so please stay here for a while 💙💛

Thank you so much, did you write it yourself? And thank you again for your message, I just needed someone to tell me not to do it, I was doing really badly
Don't make any rash decisions, please. CTB is a one-way ticket into the abyss that doesn't have an undo button. Perhaps the world is beautiful; perhaps it's full of suffering. Perhaps it has lots to offer; perhaps it's dull. But in any case, you have to find out for yourself. Until then, in my opinion, it's a bit too early to do anything.

Besides, you are valuable and inherently beautiful :) I registered to this site just to tell you this.

I'm not much of an expert in psychology nor am I a psychiatrist, but if you need someone to talk to, I can be here to listen. I might not fully understand or empathize, but I can try my best!

Thank you, it really means a lot to me that you registered just to tell me this and I really appreciate it

And thank you for your words, I really needed someone to tell me not to do it
Hey there, ncmxm! I'm sorry to hear you've got an unhappy birthday coming up. I just had mine earlier this month, May 13th and turning 35, so I feel ya. Birthdays just don't have the same magic anymore, especially when you're approaching 40.

My lady and I still try our best to celebrate, though. We don't really do gifts for the most part; we're both poor and can't really afford that kind of luxury most of the time. Generally speaking we try to go out and do something. I'm a pretty big nature buff, so for my birthday, 'going out' usually means hiking a waterfall trail or some such. We keep it quiet m, just the two of us, and fairly intimate, and it makes the experience a little better.

Of course, I have a person who cares about me that I can do that with, which probably puts me in a better position than you're in right now. And for that I'm very sorry. I wonder if maybe there's a way to amend that somehow? I've heard of people stuck alone during the pandemic doing birthday stuff online. If you need some company during your birthday to help make things a little better, I wonder if it'd be possible to arrange something like a movie watch party or some such over discord? Reading some of the comments on this thread, it seems like you already have some people here who enjoy your company. Do you think something like that could make your day a little more bearable?

(Related: I own What Remains of Edith Finch, but I haven't played very far into it. Maybe a broadcast party? Get some of us together, watch you progress, comment on things, theorize about what we see? Could be fun.)

Thank you so much for your reply and your offer, but I would feel like I'm imposing if I accept to organise something like this

I'm not completely lonely, I'm sorry if I made it sound like that. I have a bf, I just meant as a teen I wanted to spend my birthdays with friends and party and everything,and I never got that and never will because now celebrating your birthday isn't as exciting for everyone

Thank you for your reply, I just really needed someone to stay with me for a bit

Last edited:
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
I'm not completely lonely, I'm sorry if I made it sound like that. I have a bf, I just meant as a teen I wanted to spend my birthdays with friends and party and everything,and I never got that and never will because now celebrating your birthday isn't as exciting for everyone
I'm glad to hear you have a BF. Does he celebrate your birthday now?
I'm sorry that you didn't have friends who celebrates your birthday as a teen 😔

Thank you so much, did you write it yourself? And thank you again for your message, I just needed someone to tell me not to do it, I was doing really badly
Thanks and yes, I didn't copied it from the internet or elsewhere. I wrote it for you - "please forget about them" rhymes with your username "ncmxm" 😉

I hope your birthday will be bearable. We will stay with you 💙💛

• Love
Logos

Logos

May 30, 2023
Seeing that there's many supportive people in the recovery section is great. (Also- thank you PaperPlanes, for inadvertently inspiring me to push through my stupid nervousness of joining the forum.)

If you don't wanna read this wall of runes I've brought into being here I completely understand.

First off, I'm very happy that you seem to be doing much better as of now, and from what I've read. What I say next may be a bit or completely redundant by now but I'd like to talk about what has bothered you here, because I think they are subtly connected to each other. God I feel like I state the obvious a lot. I'm also a bit nervous typing all this, as I'm nervous in general but this is my first post and I'm not sure how much I'm encroaching on rules here or not since I tend to overthink. I'm terribly sorry if I am. I'm reading them over again and again. I'd also feel guilty for not posting something here as I wanted to respond the moment I saw the title on Monday.

1) Ah, that realization is easily really rough to go through. If it helps, I'd say someone in their 50s is still rather young, or at least hasn't been granted full rights of the word "old" yet. Somethin about them still possibly having a good 2-4 decades ahead of them for me.

2) This one cuts near the bone for me. My best friend has been suicidal for a long time, and for them, it always seemed to get worse. So instead of ever saying that it will get better, (I don't mean this in a condescending way, 'it will get better' can be a very comforting thing for people to say to themselves and others, though it can easily end in more misery) and since they said it always got worse, I started saying that if it can always get worse, then it can always get better. Key word being can. Then it's more of a matter of what you mean by 'it'. Hope isn't a lost cause in my eyes, it can just be so fucking difficult finding a stable source of hope and will. Especially when you're locked into a situation where certain things get worse. It takes a lot to keep going in those straits.

3) I think I get what you're saying. The missed opportunities to have those experiences, to have the magic in the time it would've been the most important to you... Perhaps this even correlates to that discomfort of no longer feeling like you're young, so maybe you feel even less chances to experience exciting, adventurous things, as even from your perspective, things have just gotten worse over time. Yet, maybe even in the worst of situations, that kind of exciting experience can happen.

4) That's quite the feeling to have, especially in a state of struggle. I'm not sure how you've come to feel that way, whether it be because of comparisons you've maybe made between yourself and others, or who you wish to be. (or both) In any case, another topic I feel ya in. I guess it's who I was yesterday I need throw hands with to feel back on track again.

I'll start from your position, that you do hate a lot of people and can hurt people. But I don't think that would disqualify you from the capacity for their traits, much less to have them grow.

Have a nice day, hopefully I helped or added something interesting. Sorry I was late here.
Oh yeah, hope you enjoy that game as well!

Reactions: kråkevind
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I'm glad to hear you have a BF. Does he celebrate your birthday now?
I'm sorry that you didn't have friends who celebrates your birthday as a teen 😔
Yeah he does

Thanks and yes, I didn't copied it from the internet or elsewhere. I wrote it for you - "please forget about them" rhymes with your username "ncmxm" 😉

I hope your birthday will be bearable. We will stay with you 💙💛

And really thank you so much omg, I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you writing it, thank you so much it really made me feel better

Thank you ❤️

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Yeah he does
I'm glad to hear that - I hope you enjoy your birthday with him 💙💛

And really thank you so much omg, I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you writing it, thank you so much it really made me feel better

Thank you ❤️
Thanks and it didn't take too much energy. I enjoyed writing that poem and I'm glad you are feeling better - that's the whole point of it!

• Love
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I started saying that if it can always get worse, then it can always get better. Key word being can. Then it's more of a matter of what you mean by 'it'.

It won't get better. I will have to work for all my life and I will keep getting older and uglier with each year. I mother fucking hate working and ageing is unbearable for me. So it's only downhill from here.

Logos

Logos

May 30, 2023
It won't get better. I will have to work for all my life and I will keep getting older and uglier with each year. I mother fucking hate working and ageing is unbearable for me. So it's only downhill from here.
I see. I may not get how you feel to an exact point- most likely not even close but I'm trying- but I understand some of how that is and can be crushing. I'm terribly sorry, it doesn't seem like I helped at all, sounds like I made things worse.
Hoping the best for you, the most strength to you, even when it's only downhill from here.

R

Roses_and_clouds

May 28, 2023

Wanna talk? Life is hard, so tbh the recovery will be hard.

But without hope there wouldn't be any action, so let's fight together!

Wanna talk? Vent? When is your birthday?

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, ncmxm and LoiteringClouds
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
Wanna talk? Life is hard, so tbh the recovery will be hard.

But without hope there wouldn't be any action, so let's fight together!

Wanna talk? Vent? When is your birthday?

Thank you for the offer. It's this Sunday.

It just makes me really sad because it reminds me that I'm not very young anymore and I'll just keep getting older

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Birthdays suck
But, they are only one day of the year, and that day goes over too, just take a deep breath and think of it as this uncomfortable event that's just inevitable, it'll be over soon and then you can take a day or two to rest and forget about it again.

catsharkwolfgirl

catsharkwolfgirl

boygirl princess
May 30, 2023
birthdays are rough for me as well, mine was earlier this month
i unfortunately made the mistake of attempting to ctb on my birthday years back so it's not really a celebrated thing within my family anymore and in a weird way it has brought me a level of peace… it's nice to consider it just another day
it doesn't rid me of the birthday blues altogether but not thinking about it makes it not something for me to worry about at the same time if that makes sense lol at the end of the day it truly is just another day and it will come and go I hope that you can find a way to ease the pressure off and maybe do something nice for yourself if you have the free time, some sort of treat for making it another year i truly hope things go well for you u_u

• Hugs
ازعر من مخيم الحسين

ازعر من مخيم الحسين

Jun 1, 2023

i recommend you to do one thing
control your mind;you cant control weather or other people or time you have control over your mind realise this and you will find strength i will make a thread about this soon till that time i beg you to not ctb just rply with done to confirm this and you will make me extremely happy as a human being