I

iain98

May 26, 2022
I'm turning 24 on June 1st and it's making me even more depressed. I was supposed to go out for dinner with an acquaintance but he basically stopped responding. I have Aspergers and have never been able to make friends.

I've always been suicidal but hoped that my birthday would be one day where I'd have some relief from the suffering of this life before killing myself.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide, DeutscheKartoffel, artificial_ineptness and 11 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Birthdays are not so important for me, whats the point? you are older? dont like it.

Reactions: artificial_ineptness, ihopethisispainless and playing_ostrich
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that birthdays are depressing personally and I am horrified at the thought of getting older. I'm sorry that you are going through this. People really are so disappointing. I hope that you find relief from suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
I'm turning 24 on June 1st and it's making me even more depressed. I was supposed to go out for dinner with an acquaintance but he basically stopped responding. I have Aspergers and have never been able to make friends.

I've always been suicidal but hoped that my birthday would be one day where I'd have some relief from the suffering of this life before killing myself.
Hi. Nice to meet you :)

I'm sorry you don't have anyone to spend your birthday with. I won't celebrate mine either, I don't want to.

Even if you have no one to spend it with, at least do something nice for yourself, something you enjoy.

And you can come here to the forum to make a thread and talk to us that day.

MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022
Hey, sorry to hear that mate. I stopped being overly bothered about birthdays many years ago, mainly because I'm in my fourth set of decades now haha. You get to a point in life, for me around my early/mid thirties where I stopped thinking about them. I'll be 41 tomorrow, so, literally in about 20 minutes time.

Best advice would be not to worry too much, or reframe it. I've always looked at them as being just another day on the calendar with an arbitrary meaning attached. Chin up though mate, easier said than done I know, but I hope you find a way to forge on, regardless.

I

iain98

May 26, 2022
Hi. Nice to meet you :)

I'm sorry you don't have anyone to spend your birthday with. I won't celebrate mine either, I don't want to.

Even if you have no one to spend it with, at least do something nice for yourself, something you enjoy.

And you can come here to the forum to make a thread and talk to us that day.
I wish I could. I have no money at the moment to even buy myself a pizza/cake to celebrate.

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
I

iain98

May 26, 2022
Could someone help me out in regards to money?