ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
TL;DR: None of it matters, rip the bandaid off and just try not to be a dick.

In a religion of Christ, it is believed that people who do not follow God are evil; That Satan, Lucifer...that path is evil. However, God gave Lucifer the choice of free will. And he chose evil. But that begs the question, what was evil before God...an omnipotent and omniscient being...allowed his followed to disagree with his ruling, his teachings, and his ways. Why is disagreement with God evil? What makes God good? Follow me or suffer eternally? That doesnt sound like a loving God.

It does sound like a story used to impose morality on weak minded individuals. It sounds like a tool, a weapon. Mankind has been killing each other since the dawn of life. A group of "wise" people invented religion, to impose a reason to not do things considered "wrong." Now people are afraid to do things, because it will affect their moral compass and its ability to lead them to "Heaven." Heaven, a place of eternal happiness and salvation, where you, yes you can live under the thumb of an everlasting moral dictator. A God who said its okay to kill women for being raped. And that if you rape a woman, just pay her dad in sheep, pay the man who was supposed to marry her. Its all good.
And if you rape and murder and steal your entire life, and seconds before you die, accept God's morality and leadership, its all good. You can go live in "Heaven." Shit, if thats all it takes, I can do whatever I want and still get a cozy bed in "Heaven." I mean, I'll be in the same room with millions of killers and rapists who did the same thing.
Its all a moral compass, designed to push people towards an arbitary line in the sand.

I do believe, however, that time is infinite. That time dictates the flow of space. If something is infinite, and something exists within it, that the inner part is too infinite. That when this universe dies, another is created. That when any one of us dies, we will eternally continue this dance. And we wont be aware of death. Are you aware of being asleep? Are you aware of being unconcious? No. Death is the same. We'll close our eyes a final time, and be reborn again. And our lives will repeat infinitely, as space and time do. However each time we repeat, things are not locked in stone. Deja Vu is when you are aware of existence outside of the 4 dimensions. You realize you did this before. Choices you make without Deja Vu, those choices are new. I believe when I die, and you die. We will dance again. Forever.
Of course, I could be horribly wrong, but again. I get a freeby, since a minute before I die, I get to apologize and go to the big glowing place in the sky. Fuck it right?

If a believer in God is brought proof that God does not exist, the believer will still believe. If a scientist is brought proof that God does exist, the scientist will change his way of thinking. And that ladies and gentlemen, is why the world has issues.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kira, Elaina and 4 others
bag.of.cats

bag.of.cats

depressed cats
Apr 10, 2018
We'll close our eyes a final time, and be reborn again. And our lives will repeat infinitely, as space and time do.
The closer I get to catching the bus, the stronger the feeling I have that I'm on a loop. That my life repeats over and over again, but it's not always the same, there are slight differences each time. Not only that, but it feels I have no control over it, like it's scripted, and if you try to deviate too much, you are put back in line.

Reactions: Plainjane, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and ImNotBatman
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Have you had a look at TMT 'Terror Management Theory' ?

It's based on Ernest Beckers ideas ( the guy I quote in my comments )

Sheldon Solomon on youtube does some good presentations about it .

It kind of changed my life in a way ... reframed the whole collective spiritual myth thing.

( I had a messed up fundamentalist upbringing so it cut through that stuff )

I have become quite obsessed with it actually ... ( embarassed shrug )

C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
What you said about Christianity reminds me of what Nietzsche said about slave morality XD

Reactions: dano6533 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
What you said about Christianity reminds me of what Nietzsche said about slave morality XD

I fully believe in his ideas about Eternal Return, with science starting to back it up, atleast in the Multiverse becoming essentially proven, and theories on what deja vu is, what dreams and visions are...

I'm gonna buy his books soon.

Reactions: dano6533, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Caerula
C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
I fully believe in his ideas about Eternal Return, with science starting to back it up, atleast in the Multiverse becoming essentially proven, and theories on what deja vu is, what dreams and visions are...

I'm gonna buy his books soon.
I haven't read what he said about eternal return. It's something I need to work on XD

It would be really interesting to know what you think about his ideas! I actually disagree with a lot of things he says, but something I completely agree is how he says Christianity is what some people use to control others.

Reactions: dano6533
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
I haven't read what he said about eternal return. It's something I need to work on XD

It would be really interesting to know what you think about his ideas! I actually disagree with a lot of things he says, but something I completely agree is how he says Christianity is what some people use to control others.

Even beyond his ideas of it, look into previous "major religions." The origin stories of other pantheons of gods are similar to Jesus's birth. They all have a basis in "treat others the way you wanna be treated or else consequences and hell and stuff."

Just like in The Book of Eli, he had a bible, and people were killing and fighting over it because they wanted to use it as a weapon.

Reactions: dano6533, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Caerula