• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
Hi all. I've been been researching how I can ctb but I'm worried about my cats if I do. Both cats are rescues/strays and can be extremely timid with other humans but they've learned to trust me so I'm worried about them if I ctb. Is this a legitimate reason to stay here? And if so once they die should I just ctb then? I'm confused cos I don't really want to be here but I worry for my cats

• Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin and Luchs
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
One of the reasons I am staying here is because of my cats. They are unadoptable and would have to be PTS.

Only you can decide if that is reason enough to stay, and I do understand your dilemma. :heart:

Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
One of the reasons I am staying here is because of my cats. They are unadoptable and would have to be PTS.

Only you can decide if that is reason enough to stay, and I do understand your dilemma. :heart:
Thank you! It's so hard. I want to leave but don't want to leave them!

My cats aren't unadoptable. My best friend would have them. But I worry about them being unsettled

• Love
Reactions: Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Thank you! It's so hard. I want to leave but don't want to leave them!

My cats aren't unadoptable. My best friend would have them. But I worry about them being unsettled
I do understand. Boy do I. Like I said. This is soooo hard. Only you can figure that one out and I am so sorry. I know how difficult it is. :)

Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
I do understand. Boy do I. Like I said. This is soooo hard. Only you can figure that one out and I am so sorry. I know how difficult it is. :)
Thank you. You are very kind to reply. I guess I have the rest of time to figure it out. I just wish it was easier to make my mind up.

• Love
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Thank you. You are very kind to reply. I guess I have the rest of time to figure it out. I just wish it was easier to make my mind up.
This is a tough one.. and if you ever want to talk, I am here. :heart:

Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
This is a tough one.. and if you ever want to talk, I am here. :heart:
Thank you, I really appreciate that. I've tried very hard to work on myself but there is very little help available in the UK where I live. So I was thinking ctbing would be the best option but I can't quite let go of my cats. Anyway thank you for listening ❤️

• Love
T

toska

Feb 24, 2020
Definitely in the same boat rn, I stay alive for my pets. My cat wouldn't be able to live without me and I'm the same, when he goes, I will too. Also from the UK and there's no support here so all my world's caved in, everything except my little pet family. I do often think about ctb but I love them too much, and I want him to feel safe and happy for the rest of his life. My cat is a super timid rescue also, he's a total diva with me but is terrified of everyone else and also has some mental difficulties so I don't think anyone else would take him, not that he'd go willingly! Anyway, I think it's a legitimate reason to stay, it is for me, but everyone's different. Wish you the best!

Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
Definitely in the same boat rn, I stay alive for my pets. My cat wouldn't be able to live without me and I'm the same, when he goes, I will too. Also from the UK and there's no support here so all my world's caved in, everything except my little pet family. I do often think about ctb but I love them too much, and I want him to feel safe and happy for the rest of his life. My cat is a super timid rescue also, he's a total diva with me but is terrified of everyone else and also has some mental difficulties so I don't think anyone else would take him, not that he'd go willingly! Anyway, I think it's a legitimate reason to stay, it is for me, but everyone's different. Wish you the best!
Yeah I totally get this. It breaks my heart to think how scared they'd be. Wish you the best as well

Reactions: toska
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Totally the same situation here, I'm in the UK too.

I have a mama cat and her 2 sons. They are such a strong family unit and I know it would be such a task to rehome all 3 together.

Breaks my heart. Sadder to leave my cats than leaving 99% of my family!

Reactions: Mr2005 and toska
Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
Totally the same situation here, I'm in the UK too.

I have a mama cat and her 2 sons. They are such a strong family unit and I know it would be such a task to rehome all 3 together.

Breaks my heart. Sadder to leave my cats than leaving 99% of my family!
I would definitely miss my family of I have any way of feeling anything on the other side but they would get over it I think. My cats are so vulnerable it's like I can't just disappear on them :(

S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
I don't have any pets because I don't want to leave them if I CTB, but if I had and really wanted to CTB despite my pets, I'd just find a home for them first.

crazy1

crazy1

Mar 2, 2020
I have a dog and I think the same thing. I know my dog will look for me if I CTB, he's my little shadow, I'd probably already be dead if it wasn't for him.
Wether your cats are enough for you to stay alive is completely your decision, no one can make that for you, and it's such hard one. But if you choose to stay alive for your pets it's definitely a legitimate reason. I wish you the best.

I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
I have a cat with chronic kidney disease and the other is blind in one eye. so the first one won't be put up for adoption and the other might have hard time. she already spent 3 months in a shelter before i became her home and that was before she was blind. my other animals, the chinchillas, are much harder to find a good home for that won't kill them from overheating within a year. i've had the chinchillas for 12 years and by the time they go my ckd cat might be gone, then i'll only have one cat left to worry about and i can leave. might be another 10 years though. they're worth it if nothing else is.